CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   No sacks=undefeated, maybe 1 loss (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207488)

Rebel4ever 06-22-2014 01:14 PM

No sacks=undefeated, maybe 1 loss

If our o line can keep Dylan upright and not hurried then I truly believe he will pick apart any defense. 2001 Miami didn't allow a single sack, maybe one, and won it all with Ken Dorsey. I think Dylan can throw just as well as Dorsey did and I think we can do the same thing or at least put ourselves in a good position to win it all. Our offense will be a well oiled machine if Dylan never sees the turf.

M.C. 06-22-2014 01:24 PM

Re: No sacks=undefeated, maybe 1 loss

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel4ever (Post 4188266)
If our o line can keep Dylan upright and not hurried then I truly believe he will pick apart any defense. 2001 Miami didn't allow a single sack, maybe one, and won it all with Ken Dorsey. I think Dylan can throw just as well as Dorsey did and I think we can do the same thing or at least put ourselves in a good position to win it all. Our offense will be a well oiled machine if Dylan never sees the turf.

He will get sacked

Thenardier 06-22-2014 01:29 PM

Miami wasn't playing SEC defences week in and week out.

FanofCarolina1 06-22-2014 01:45 PM

No way in heck our O-line prevents Dylan from getting sacked at least twenty times this year. UT had a brick wall for an O-line and yet their QB got sacked.

BuCockyfan 06-22-2014 02:20 PM

Call me crazy, but if we don't turn the ball over, I feel that we can win some games this year.

ccured 06-22-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 (Post 4188275)
No way in heck our O-line prevents Dylan from getting sacked at least twenty times this year. UT had a brick wall for an O-line and yet their QB got sacked.

20 really? seems high. while good UT oline was way overrated and it showed at the NFL draft

boowilliam4 06-22-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 (Post 4188275)

20? nahhhhhhh.

jch81 06-22-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel4ever (Post 4188266)

You do realize that 2001 Miami team is considered by some to be the best college football team ever right? They had 6 first team All Americans on that team. They had 17 players alone from that 2001 team that were drafted in the first round at some point including Andre Johnson, Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow, Jonathan Vilma, Jeremy Shockey, Vince Wilfork,Willis McGahee, and Ed Reed just to name a few. Not to mention Clinton Portis and Frank Gore were also selected in the later rounds. They had 38 players from that team drafted in the NFL. It had a lot more to do with those guys than it did with how good Ken Dorsey was or if he ever got sacked. No disrespect intended but South Carolina's upcoming team will not be anywhere close to that good. That was a once in a lifetime team. There are plenty of teams that dont give up bunches of sacks that fail to "win it all".

jch81 06-22-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4188268)
Miami wasn't playing SEC defences week in and week out.

You do know they beat 5 top 15 teams that year?

B-G 06-22-2014 03:33 PM

How many did Bama give up the year they beat ND in the title game?

That was a great offensive line.

FanofCarolina1 06-22-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

20 really? seems high
Quote:

20? nahhhhhhh.
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/....asp?id=190284

Connor was sacked 20 times last year. Granted it could have been less, but it could have been more too. Less scrambling, throwing the ball away more etc..

IMO, Dylan will scramble less and get pressured more. The link above is why I estimated at least 20 sacks for Dylan this year. If he is sacked less than that I will be amazed.

garnet_black215 06-22-2014 03:40 PM

20 seems like a reasonable number. If we give up less than that, our OL will be even better than we thought.

Who 06-22-2014 03:48 PM

as ridiculous of a statement that is, I have to say I agree. If we give up no sacks all year, I'm very confident we would go undefeated.

Spurrier_Superior_One 06-22-2014 04:23 PM

Lower number of sacks hopefully 0 sacks should translate to fewer TOs.

SCfightingCocksno1 06-22-2014 04:25 PM

We could take the sacks and still go undefeated. Who will be good enough to beat us?
Clemson will be our toughest because they are our rival but I don't see losing to anyone else. We just keep reloading!!

Thenardier 06-22-2014 04:25 PM

If SC doesn't give up sack all season a unicorn would walk up and give Spurrier the Holy Grail.

Thenardier 06-22-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCfightingCocksno1 (Post 4188346)
We could take the sacks and still go undefeated. Who will be good enough to beat us?
Clemson will be our toughest because they are our rival but I don't see losing to anyone else. We just keep reloading!!

*cough *cough Auburn *cough

usc1 06-22-2014 04:26 PM

Damn, our line isn't that good.

drumboy 06-22-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4188349)
*cough *cough Auburn *cough

I agree.

Cockypantherfan 06-22-2014 04:37 PM

Not giving up a sack all year? I know this is the offseason, but this thread is just ridiculous.