CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Former Gamecocks QB Stephen Garcia joins Saturday Down South as an SEC analyst (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207490)

Gamecocks1137 06-22-2014 03:48 PM

Former Gamecocks QB Stephen Garcia joins Saturday Down South as an SEC analyst

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Stephen-Ga...South-29270996

Not much of a story, just a statement.

GH 06-22-2014 03:50 PM

Re: Former Gamecocks QB Stephen Garcia joins Saturday Down South as an SEC analyst

interesting

Gamecocks1137 06-22-2014 03:58 PM

Re: Former Gamecocks QB Stephen Garcia joins Saturday Down South as an SEC analyst

Yep, I am assuming this also means he was let go by the Arena Football team he was on.

cockymac 06-22-2014 04:02 PM

Let the party continue.

usc1 06-22-2014 04:28 PM

I'd read what he says.

Thenardier 06-22-2014 04:30 PM

Should be some good insights.

StormOfTalons 06-22-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4188329)
I am assuming this also means he was let go by the Arena Football team he was on.

Yep...he was "placed on reassignment" which is arena football terminology for being cut.

ColaCock 06-22-2014 05:16 PM

I saw him at CVS 2 weekends ago and talked with him for a few minutes. Definitely in good shape still. He was wearing a SDS shirt, so I assume he was already in works with them at the time. Had a great attitude and is still a huge Gamecock.

Long hair don't care.

B-G 06-22-2014 05:18 PM

Maybe this will give me a better reason to read that site.

cockymac 06-22-2014 06:06 PM

Does he have any animosity towards SOS or the school, or has he realized that he brought it all on himself?

spareparts 06-22-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockymac (Post 4188414)
Does he have any animosity towards SOS or the school, or has he realized that he brought it all on himself?

Let the judgments begin

I'll speed things up:

1 we all did it
2 you did it, I did it
3 It's Hyman's fault
4 We'll always have Alabama
5 What could have been
6 He played hurt
7 coulda woulda shoulda
8 It's nobody elses fault but his
9 I wish him well

We can just pick one and move on, like a Chinese menu, just post the appropriate number, saves time

etowngangsta 06-22-2014 07:39 PM

Let me get a 1,4, 8, and 9.

He will be good at reporting on the best tailgating spots.

GH 06-22-2014 07:52 PM

Anybody remember how a lot of people said Garcia made a mistake by choosing South Carolina over Auburn, Oklahoma, Florida and Notre Dame?

Many told Stephen Garcia that Steve Spurrier was a difficult coach to play for and that QBs that aspire to the NFL should not play for him.

They also said that South Carolina was not a place you could go and win.

I appreciate Garcia ignoring those people even though, in retrospect, it might have worked out better for him if he had listened to them and chose another school. (but ultimately the troubles, suspensions and dismissal were his doing)

Even with all the drama that went on during his time here, he still manage to become one of the top passers in USC's history and had a signature win or two.

I will always be a fan of his and hope he has as much success as he works for...

I will take numbers 1, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 11 off the hidden menu (the one about Spurrier QBs)

ZenUSC 06-22-2014 08:09 PM

Steven Garcia brought us our only SEC division championship. He is one of the best QBs ever to play at USC. Some say he is the best QB ever to play here. Even the great Connor Shaw couldn't bring home a championship. 11-2 is nice but 10-2 with a championship is better. I'd be more concerned about welcoming Garcia back to Columbia than Sterling Sharpe. He did more for USC than any other USC QB in its history. So what if he left a few games early from a pidly mistake? So what???? He won a championship folks. Admit it! If he had broke his finger and missed the last few games of his college career instead of breaking a rule we would be talking about a statue for him rather than insulting the guy.

Senior Rooster 06-22-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenUSC (Post 4188496)
Steven Garcia brought us our only SEC division championship. He is one of the best QBs ever to play at USC. Some say he is the best QB ever to play here. Even the great Connor Shaw couldn't bring home a championship. 11-2 is nice but 10-2 with a championship is better. I'd be more concerned about welcoming Garcia back to Columbia than Sterling Sharpe. He did more for USC than any other USC QB in its history. So what if he left a few games early from a pidly mistake? So what???? He won a championship folks. Admit it! If he had broke his finger and missed the last few games of his college career instead of breaking a rule we would be talking about a statue for him rather than insulting the guy.

Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cocksmith1or11 06-22-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

no, there would never be a statue for Stephen Garcia..... I am sorry dude. Yea he has some great wins and big moments, but ultimately had Shaw QB'd that team we would have gotten over the hump. Its hard to run your offense when the QB isn't committed to the team's goals.

No offense to Garcia, just that had he realized one 10th of his potential he could've been great, he didn't and wasn't that great. You also must remember how much higher he was rated than Shaw coming out of high school. Shaw never lost at home, never lost to Clem5-0n, and beat some highly ranked opponents. Shaw is by far the best QB we have ever had, if there was ever talk of a QB statue, I would hope it would be of a Gamecock legend or somebody who represented the school and won with honor. Definitely not a guy like Garcia.

TonyVercetti 06-22-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocksmith1or11 (Post 4188541)
no, there would never be a statue for Stephen Garcia..... I am sorry dude. Yea he has some great wins and big moments, but ultimately had Shaw QB'd that team we would have gotten over the hump. Its hard to run your offense when the QB isn't committed to the team's goals.

No offense to Garcia, just that had he realized one 10th of his potential he could've been great, he didn't and wasn't that great. You also must remember how much higher he was rated than Shaw coming out of high school. Shaw never lost at home, never lost to Clem5-0n, and beat some highly ranked opponents. Shaw is by far the best QB we have ever had, if there was ever talk of a QB statue, I would hope it would be of a Gamecock legend or somebody who represented the school and won with honor. Definitely not a guy like Garcia.

Just fwiw, not a insult. Garcia also never lost to clemson, and beat a good many ranked teams. Just sayin.

Gamecocks1137 06-22-2014 09:44 PM

Just a reminder this thread is about him becoming a commentator for SDS lol So, anyone have an opinion on that?

Lonnie 06-22-2014 11:03 PM

Someone buy that man a beer! Congrats!

Flameout12 06-22-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

If he had broke his finger and missed the last few games of his college career instead of breaking a rule we would be talking about a statue for him rather than insulting the guy.

Gee....a statue of Stephen Garcia...I never thought of that.

What would it read? Owns record NCAA for most suspensions by a FBS player?