CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   UNC Cover Up Almost Complete (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207528)

brat 06-23-2014 09:47 PM

UNC Cover Up Almost Complete

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/...=Breaking_News

The one man that could have hurt UNC by taking the stand under oath, and thus requiring other UNC people to take the stand under oath, is likely going to get his charges dropped and UNC will walk, laughing at everyone.
--------------------------------
USC should no longer play UNC, in any sport, unless in NCAA playoff or bowls games where it is required and will not play them in our game in Charlotte in 2015 (nor pay the buyout), unless the NCAA drops their very suspicious and obvious bias over the most blatant, long running, and varied series of cheating schemes that benefitted "student-athletes" in NCAA and American sports history. It should also call for the immediate resignation of Mark Emmert for inept and highly suspicious actions in regards to various NCAA member schools under investigation, but with particular emphasis on its hands off, double standard attitude toward UNC. It should also request that other SEC, ACC schools, and other NCAA member programs follow its lead in boycotting UNC and calling for the resignation of Mark Emmert. Until these steps are properly and fully addressed, the NCAA no longer has authority over member schools.

ZenUSC 06-23-2014 10:38 PM

Re: UNC Cover Up Almost Complete

The biggest rat usually gets off light.
Any teacher who was paid to teach a course that didn't meet is committing a form of system embezzlement. The victim is the tax payer. Apparently though Americans have come to ignore dishonest government.
The NCAA is becoming muted by the large, powerful big conferences loaded with money.

Lalli25 06-23-2014 10:39 PM

Nobody will do that because that will just put a target on the schools back for the NCAA. The biggest problem with the NCAA is not their bylaws but their lack of consistent enforcement.

brat 06-23-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalli25 (Post 4189315)
Nobody will do that because that will just put a target on the schools back for the NCAA. The biggest problem with the NCAA is not their bylaws but their lack of consistent enforcement.

When the NCAA tries that crap, tell them to pound sand and leave before you throw them off campus.

The NCAA member schools (and I am looking at the SEC) to stand up to the NCAA. When it is so crooked and so obvious, you no longer obey it, you decide what happens at that point.

When UNC is punished and treated like every other school, then we'll talk.

Best thing to do is dissolve the NCAA and start over...if...any honest people are out there to run it. How about Condi Rice? She loves sports.

Travelin 06-24-2014 05:33 AM

Quote:

any honest people are out there to run it. How about Condi Rice? She loves sports.
That's funny.

HelleraisingCock 06-24-2014 07:59 AM

"Tea Party takes over NCAA" what a great headline

HelleraisingCock 06-24-2014 08:00 AM

Or we can always stage an occupy rally on the front lawn of the main ncaa office. I'm sure Al Sharpton would get in on it.

trapper82 06-24-2014 09:08 AM

It would take a civil suit by another NCAA institution at this point.

trapper82 06-24-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelin (Post 4189430)
That's funny.

Rice would be a great pick to lead anything, from the country to an athletic department in my opinion. Just my opinion though.

HeadCockFan 06-24-2014 12:06 PM

There's nothing to cover up. Everyone knows that academic fraud is rampant in college sports. UNC was not great at concealing it obviously, but it happens to different degrees almost everywhere. Is anyone shocked to find this out?

No one is going to do anything about it. People are apathetic when it comes to sports and education.

USC has held Columbia, SC hostage for years as the big dog in town, and only source of revenue. Money controls it all folks. There is no conspiracy, it's right in front of us.

/end rant

qcgamecock 06-24-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadCockFan (Post 4189611)
There's nothing to cover up. Everyone knows that academic fraud is rampant in college sports. UNC was not great at concealing it obviously, but it happens to different degrees almost everywhere. Is anyone shocked to find this out?

No one is going to do anything about it. People are apathetic when it comes to sports and education.

USC has held Columbia, SC hostage for years as the big dog in town, and only source of revenue. Money controls it all folks. There is no conspiracy, it's right in front of us.

/end rant

Funny, people are trying to do something about it right now but it appears politics in NC is putting up obstacles along the way.

rioninusc 06-24-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4189466)
Rice would be a great pick to lead anything, from the country to an athletic department in my opinion. Just my opinion though.

I think they mean since she is in politics, or that she never played football. Everyone knows how truthful Politicians are.:lol:

Possible solution is to have every school get a vote in the process, and have unbiased detectives do a case. For instance if BAMA gets caught in a scandal, have investigators with no ties to the SEC conduct the investigation.

Then after the case is finished, bring the evidence to the voters, and state the case with the evidence, and their opinion of the matter if the school is guilty.

After that let the voting take place if they are guilty or not, all non SEC members vote. Each rule broken carries an even sentence, and yeah the death penalty would be a possibility.

Also another thing I would rather see is instead of the school getting punished is having the players/Coaches get punished as well. If the school was in on it like UNC then all parties get hit hard. For cases like Southern Cal, and Reggie Bush, have Pete Caroll, and Bush pay the crime instead of the school and program. Fine them, and ban them from College sports for an amount of time. Yeah everyone deserves a second chance, but the third time is when you're out forever.

St. Louis Gamecock 06-24-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4189466)

^^^ That's funny - part 2!

B-G 06-24-2014 01:56 PM

As a lifelong Dukie I hope they get the DP.
(Jk I'm not a Dukie)

B-G 06-24-2014 01:58 PM

Double post

markymark550 06-24-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rioninusc (Post 4189687)
I think they mean since she is in politics, or that she never played football. Everyone knows how truthful Politicians are.:lol:

Possible solution is to have every school get a vote in the process, and have unbiased detectives do a case. For instance if BAMA gets caught in a scandal, have investigators with no ties to the SEC conduct the investigation.

Then after the case is finished, bring the evidence to the voters, and state the case with the evidence, and their opinion of the matter if the school is guilty.

After that let the voting take place if they are guilty or not, all non SEC members vote. Each rule broken carries an even sentence, and yeah the death penalty would be a possibility.

Also another thing I would rather see is instead of the school getting punished is having the players/Coaches get punished as well. If the school was in on it like UNC then all parties get hit hard. For cases like Southern Cal, and Reggie Bush, have Pete Caroll, and Bush pay the crime instead of the school and program. Fine them, and ban them from College sports for an amount of time. Yeah everyone deserves a second chance, but the third time is when you're out forever.

Don't think that would work. Too much incentive for the other schools to always vote for the punishment, regardless of if punishment is warranted. For your Alabama example, say a possible punishment was not being eligible for postseason play. I bet there would be enough votes to ban them from the postseason just because it's Alabama and not give any merit to the case brought before them. The teams at the top of the polls especially have incentive to do this each and every time. I may be jaded, but I don't trust people to do the right thing in college athletics anymore.

rioninusc 06-24-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markymark550 (Post 4189792)
Don't think that would work. Too much incentive for the other schools to always vote for the punishment, regardless of if punishment is warranted. For your Alabama example, say a possible punishment was not being eligible for postseason play. I bet there would be enough votes to ban them from the postseason just because it's Alabama and not give any merit to the case brought before them. The teams at the top of the polls especially have incentive to do this each and every time. I may be jaded, but I don't trust people to do the right thing in college athletics anymore.

Yeah just an idea haha. You're not jaded it's how the world is. If you have money, and connections, you can do what you want, the rest of us has to keep our noses clean. Heck even the investigation crew could be bribed by the school in question.

St. Louis Gamecock 06-24-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4189748)
As a lifelong Dukie I hope they get the DP.
(Jk I'm not a Dukie)

Me, too - next to the Cocks, I love the Dukies!

cockinraleigh 06-24-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Louis Gamecock (Post 4189841)

LOL!

B-G 06-24-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Louis Gamecock (Post 4189841)

You got punk'd