CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Brandon Wilds will get some love on this listen by the end of the year (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207588)

Rooster'srule 06-26-2014 10:27 AM

Brandon Wilds will get some love on this listen by the end of the year

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sp..._sport_college football_module_related_16723717 :football:

"list"

bobbycock 06-26-2014 10:46 AM

Re: Brandon Wilds will get some love on this listen by the end of the year

If he can stay healthy he will be on this list...no doubt. The kid is a beast and is underrated. He has a lot to prove to doubters. I am believer after what I saw him do when Marcus went down the first time.

tgobbel 06-26-2014 11:07 AM

Wilds plays with great heart and runs well down hill! I can't wait to see him on the field.

92Pony 06-26-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbycock (Post 4191033)
If he can stay healthy he will be on this list...no doubt. The kid is a beast and is underrated. He has a lot to prove to doubters. I am believer after what I saw him do when Marcus went down the first time.

Agreed. I believe he's underrated and underutilized. Played in 7gms last season and had only 43 carries (~6/game). By the end of the year, MD was beat up pretty badly. Take some of the load off of him and feed Wilds the rock a little more.:football:

behindenemylines 06-26-2014 11:19 AM

Stay healthy and hold onto the football...that should be the goal of Wilds/Davis. If that happens new heights will be attained.

PageUSC 06-26-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92Pony (Post 4191061)
Agreed. I believe he's underrated and underutilized. Played in 7gms last season and had only 43 carries (~6/game). By the end of the year, MD was beat up pretty badly. Take some of the load off of him and feed Wilds the rock a little more.:football:

I agree I hope we see plenty of series with Wilds and D Will to keep Mike D fresh.

davisd9 06-26-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

He was hurt throughout the year and one game they thought he was coming back and he decided to sit it out. Wilds was not a factor last year because of health not because he was not given chances.

uscGRAD04 06-26-2014 11:38 AM

Alabama with three RB's in the Top 10.

I'm sure we'll be hearing about this at some point in the thread but Bama is on there three times before Auburn is even mentioned.

crowcutta 06-26-2014 11:44 AM

as much as we bring up keeping mike fresh, i dont think his load was ever that huge. the week prior to the florida game he had his fewest touches since the first week (17) and still ended up with 154 total yards. he got off to a good efficient start against florida the next week too with 8 carries 49 yards. but he got banged up on either his last carry of the first half or one of the early ones in the 2nd half and was never the same after that.

brandon had 12 carries vs unc and 15 touches vs vandy. if everyone stays healthy and he holds onto that backup job i can see him getting around double figure touches per game. of course that depends on how effective the running game is and how many leads we have.

Flameout12 06-26-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davisd9 (Post 4191080)
Wilds was not a factor last year because of health not because he was not given chances.

Hurt his arm in the UCF game. Missed a bunch of games.

FanofCarolina1 06-26-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

He was hurt throughout the year and one game they thought he was coming back and he decided to sit it out. Wilds was not a factor last year because of health not because he was not given chances.

exactly. dude dislocated his elbow.

Lonnie 06-26-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 (Post 4191089)
Alabama with three RB's in the Top 10.

I'm sure we'll be hearing about this at some point in the thread but Bama is on there three times before Auburn is even mentioned.

And that's going to be mathematically impossible to sustain. There is simply no way that THREE guys on one team will have enough carries or enough yards to warrant a top 10 rating...

donbgamecock 06-26-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Correct. I believe he dislocated/broke his elbow and it was an extensive recovery period.

I remember when we offered him out of Blythewood. There were a lot of unappreciative fans because he was a highly touted RB. He was used a lot as a FB in HS I believe.

CoverTwo 06-26-2014 12:24 PM

He should have a nice year catching the football too. I think that is where his real value is going to be. He will get his carries and yards, but the passing game is where he is going to have a big impact as a check down option, IMO.

BeatBamaTwice 06-26-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

By the end of the year, MD was beat up pretty badly. Take some of the load off of him and feed Wilds the rock a little more.:football:

Agree. I'm totally confident our coaches know infinitely more about what's best for our running backs than me, but from my recliner there's absolutely no justification for allowing Mike to get so beat up and tired that it compromises his ability to play, his injury avoidance reflects and ball security. There's simply too much talent in our backfield to sacrifice our best on the alter of invincibility.

CockyATO 06-26-2014 01:43 PM

How is MD28 doing with offseason conditioning? I saw a video earlier in the year of him working out with a private trainer. Since then I've only seen his social media posts. No doubt he's getting bigger, just hope he's not getting Alshon SI cover size.

cockfight21 06-26-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Wilds was always hurt and got pushed behind Carson. When healthy, he is a bad mo fo.

CockyLifer 06-26-2014 03:28 PM

Is it august yet?

crowcutta 06-26-2014 03:43 PM

on the theme of spreading the love in the backfield, the problem we had once brandon wilds went down is we didnt seem to trust our others backs which at that point was carson since they didnt seem to want to burn williams redshirt.
i think it bit us vs tennessee because mike was having a great 3rd quarter but needed a breather while we were at midfield. we dont hand the ball off for 3 straight plays and punt and then only one carry by davis the next 6 plays both 3 and outs.

that seemed to change the next week with carson getting 9 touches vs missouri and coming up with some crucial hard earned yards. that trust in our core of backs is one of the main reasons im confident going into this season that if someone needs a breather or if one guy gets nicked up we dont need to change our offense.

USCfootball 06-26-2014 05:17 PM

Williams has the potential to get in the mix a lot too. Great competition at RB this year, can't wait to see how it pans out.