CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Athlon Sports - 5 FirstYear Starting QBs Who National Title (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207595)

eightohhthree 06-26-2014 04:27 PM

Athlon Sports - 5 FirstYear Starting QBs Who National Title

Quote:

4. South Carolina Ė Dylan Thompson
The gap between Georgia and South Carolina for the No. 1 spot in Athlonís projected East standings is very small. The Bulldogs have a slight edge over the Gamecocks, but South Carolina still ranks as a top-10 team for 2014. Connor Shaw capped a solid career in Columbia with 2,447 passing yards and 24 touchdowns last year. Thompson is no stranger to the starting lineup, as he made one start in relief of Shaw in 2013 and two in 2012. The South Carolina native is 3-0 as a starter and has tossed 14 touchdowns over the last two years. Although Thompson tossed nearly as many interceptions (three) as touchdowns (four) last year, his career average on completions is a healthy 15.3 yards. The Gamecocks have one of the SECís top offensive lines, along with an all-conference running back in Mike Davis. Thompson needs to be more efficient as a passer (55 career completion percentage), but all signs point to a big senior year under coach Steve Spurrier.
http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...nal-title-2014

CoverTwo 06-26-2014 04:34 PM

Re: Athlon Sports - 5 FirstYear Starting QBs Who National Title

Nice writeup .. Also cool to see Tanner McEvoy on there.

vthokies 06-26-2014 04:42 PM

Agreed with Dylan

Like he said they could be a surprise, Im not writing off Mizzou. Matty Mauk was great stepping in. Their defense will be good again. Inexperienced corners but a lot of teams have that this year. I think they could surprise some people

AtlGAMECOCK 06-26-2014 05:31 PM

I was reading an article where someone was projecting Bama's qb Coker as a heisman contender. I mean really.

garnet_black215 06-26-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK (Post 4191427)
I was reading an article where someone was projecting Bama's qb Coker as a heisman contender. I mean really.

Anyone who plays for Alabama is an automatic Heisman contender.

uscsandstorm85 06-27-2014 12:20 AM

I expect a different but still very effective style of QB play this season.

CockyLifer 06-27-2014 01:17 AM

We Ready!:woo:

TonyVercetti 06-27-2014 10:00 AM

Whats pretty cool is how many times USC has something connected to it in that article. What i mean is how many times it mentions us when talking about other teams. And also the times it doesnt.

Tanner, and the quarterback that hes going aganst. Said hes returning from a shoulder injury. Which victor hampton gave him.

Coondog 06-27-2014 10:06 AM

I think the Georgia game will define just how good our offense is and how good our defense will be at stopping the run. The Mizzou game will define the defense as a whole with an experienced QB and balanced offense.

cockfight21 06-27-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4191383)
Nice writeup .. Also cool to see Tanner McEvoy on there.

Yeah, he was actually a pretty decent safety last year too.

DT could have a huge year. He like to go long and he has a line and speedsters. Fun N Gun?

GregoryHouse 06-27-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockfight21 (Post 4191783)
Yeah, he was actually a pretty decent safety last year too.

DT could have a huge year. He like to go long and he has a line and speedsters. Fun N Gun?

Cocknfire