CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Other Gamecock Sports (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Where does the hockey team play in Irmo? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207691)

TerryP 07-01-2014 08:13 PM

Where does the hockey team play in Irmo?
 
There's a game in November I'd like to see (assuming the football schedule cooperates.)

Gamecock1983 07-01-2014 11:00 PM

Re: Where does the hockey team play in Irmo?
 
The Plex - Irmo
1019 State Road S-40-2805

(803) 732-1900

rdwylie 07-02-2014 12:19 AM

Re: Where does the hockey team play in Irmo?
 
I have emailed the team several times to get a replica or actual team jersey. I love to have one. Hockey in SC!

TerryP 07-02-2014 02:50 AM

Re: Where does the hockey team play in Irmo?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 (Post 4194735)
The Plex - Irmo
1019 State Road S-40-2805

(803) 732-1900

Thank you!

Gamecock1983 07-02-2014 10:08 AM

Re: Where does the hockey team play in Irmo?
 
No problem.

Gamecock1983 07-02-2014 10:16 AM

Re: Where does the hockey team play in Irmo?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rdwylie (Post 4194766)
I have emailed the team several times to get a replica or actual team jersey. I love to have one. Hockey in SC!

I have a couple of buddies that used to play. If I understood them correctly, they get very little money from the school. So, they get most of their uniforms and equipment from either fundraising or out of pocket payment. If that's the case, those guys are likely keeping them as mementos.

You may have to find a former player and talk them into selling.

rdwylie 07-02-2014 10:29 AM

Re: Where does the hockey team play in Irmo?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 (Post 4194883)
I have a couple of buddies that used to play. If I understood them correctly, they get very little money from the school. So, they get most of their uniforms and equipment from either fundraising or out of pocket payment. If that's the case, those guys are likely keeping them as mementos.

You may have to find a former player and talk them into selling.

Thanks for the info.

thekob 07-07-2014 09:55 AM

Re: Where does the hockey team play in Irmo?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rdwylie (Post 4194766)
I have emailed the team several times to get a replica or actual team jersey. I love to have one. Hockey in SC!

If they're anything like the lacrosse club, they probably put in a jersey order yearly, so you might be able to try to get in touch with them as soon as school gets back in (via facebook might be the best way actually, if they're on there). You could suggest to add some $ to the cost of the jersey for a donation or something.

Based on my experience, depending on who makes 'em it might take awhile to get them, just fyi.

RoyalAir 07-08-2014 05:10 PM

Re: Where does the hockey team play in Irmo?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thekob (Post 4197208)
If they're anything like the lacrosse club, they probably put in a jersey order yearly, so you might be able to try to get in touch with them as soon as school gets back in (via facebook might be the best way actually, if they're on there). You could suggest to add some $ to the cost of the jersey for a donation or something.

Based on my experience, depending on who makes 'em it might take awhile to get them, just fyi.

This is probably your best bet, and also important to keep in mind. Hockey jerseys are usually pretty complex in terms of construction/sewing, so they're notoriously slow (and expensive) in terms of turnaround. It took my beer-league team nearly a year once to get jerseys from a supplier, and even then they were over $125 a head.

Something to consider.

rdwylie 07-08-2014 07:08 PM

Re: Where does the hockey team play in Irmo?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thekob (Post 4197208)
If they're anything like the lacrosse club, they probably put in a jersey order yearly, so you might be able to try to get in touch with them as soon as school gets back in (via facebook might be the best way actually, if they're on there). You could suggest to add some $ to the cost of the jersey for a donation or something.

Based on my experience, depending on who makes 'em it might take awhile to get them, just fyi.

That is a fantastic idea that had never crossed my mind. I would love it bc, really, how many guys do you know that have one of those, right?

GamecockUltimate 07-10-2014 12:57 AM

Re: Where does the hockey team play in Irmo?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thekob (Post 4197208)
If they're anything like the lacrosse club, they probably put in a jersey order yearly, so you might be able to try to get in touch with them as soon as school gets back in (via facebook might be the best way actually, if they're on there). You could suggest to add some $ to the cost of the jersey for a donation or something.

Based on my experience, depending on who makes 'em it might take awhile to get them, just fyi.

Yep, this

The school gives out not much more than $1200 if that, and it could be less depending on how your club grades out (based off getting in waivers, roster etc to the school). I once heard our school is only ahead of UK in club funding in the SEC. It really sucks, but still our club teams seem to compete well



Huge rabbit trail there, anyways contacting the teams your best bet for a uniform


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.