CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   SEC Nation broadcast team (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207704)

SC Sandlapper 07-02-2014 02:33 PM

SEC Nation broadcast team

http://espnmediazone.espn.netdna-cdn...d2-498x426.jpg

Tim Tebow, Paul Finebaum, Joe Tessitore and Marcus Spears will host this show on SEC Network.

Personally I cannot stand 50% of this lineup, the two on the left.

markymark550 07-02-2014 02:53 PM

Re: SEC Nation broadcast team

Looks like I won't be watching much of that show.

catdaddy66 07-02-2014 03:19 PM

Paul Finebaum, or drink some lye... hmmmmmmmm, let me think.

CarolinaBand 07-02-2014 04:21 PM

PAAAWWWWWLLLLL

IF THE TIDE WAS PLAYIN IN THE WORLD CUP WOULD THEY STILL BE THE FAVORITES AND HOW WOULD THAT EFFECT THE BCS RANKINGS.

I'll hang up and listen.

Gamecockman12 07-02-2014 05:03 PM

I like Tessitore. Can't stand Finebaum. Tebow is ok. Don't know enough about Marcus Spears as a broadcaster to make any judgement on him yet.

Gyle41386 07-02-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecockman12 (Post 4195219)
I like Tessitore. Can't stand Finebaum. Tebow is ok. Don't know enough about Marcus Spears as a broadcaster to make any judgement on him yet.

Yeah, I think Tessitore is great. I can't imagine Tebow being any good as a broadcaster because, well, I've heard him speak. Some people have it, some don't. I don't have a clue about Spears. Finebaum is a sideshow clown. Teaming him with a true professional like Tessitore could either work really well or absolutely bomb.

boowilliam4 07-03-2014 12:44 AM

that guy paul, not a fan at all.

B-G 07-03-2014 07:15 AM

This is going to get great ratings.

Whoever chose this group did a great job.

Cockypantherfan 07-03-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4195555)

To be fair whoever made the decision to put that team together probably did so after a one night bender.

COCKDIESEL 07-03-2014 07:55 AM

Should have gotten Garcia instead of Tebow.

B-G 07-03-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4195563)
To be fair whoever made the decision to put that team together probably did so after a one night bender.

2 of the largest names in SEC football and one of ESPNs best Voices.

Agreed why the hell is Marcus Spears on this.

Gamecockman12 07-03-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gyle41386 (Post 4195296)
Yeah, I think Tessitore is great. I can't imagine Tebow being any good as a broadcaster because, well, I've heard him speak. Some people have it, some don't. I don't have a clue about Spears. Finebaum is a sideshow clown. Teaming him with a true professional like Tessitore could either work really well or absolutely bomb.

Yep I agree on Tebow, he doesn't seem comfortable in the booth at all. Should be interesting that's for sure.

TheUniversityofSC 07-03-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4195555)

Dripping with sarcasm.

Helicopter Cock 07-03-2014 10:13 AM

You guys need to listen to Tebow's coverage during the National Title game last year. I think they had it on ESPNU or ESPN2, it was 3-4 guys sitting around a table, watching the game and making commentary on it. He was good, broke things down very well. Nothing to complain about here.

But yeah Finebaum is a joke.

B-G 07-03-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUniversityofSC (Post 4195619)
Dripping with sarcasm.

I'm not being sarcastic at all.

Tebow and Paul are two of the most polarizing personalities in SEC football.

People may hate them, but they will still tune in.

TheUniversityofSC 07-03-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4195622)
I'm not being sarcastic at all.

Tebow and Paul are two of the most polarizing personalities in SEC football.

People may hate them, but they will still tune in.

I don't mind tim. Paul can suck it. not to familiar with the others. Unless they are broadcasting a game I probably wont tune in. Paul is that annoying. worse than Vern.

usc1 07-03-2014 10:27 AM

They did what any network would do. Draw viewers. People will tune in to see Tebow and Finebaum. Spears is a former SEC player. Is it a coincidence they picked people from 3 of the largest SEC fanbases (Bama, Fla, LSU)? Probably not, but pretty smart on their part.

Agree with Gyle^, Tessitore is the only one of that group that I know I like...which is disappointing.

usc1 07-03-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUniversityofSC (Post 4195629)
I don't mind tim. Paul can suck it. not to familiar with the others. Unless they are broadcasting a game I probably wont tune in. Paul is that annoying. worse than Vern.

Can you imagine if Verne and Tebow were on the same broadcast team? Verne wouldn't be able to keep his eyes on the camera.

B-G 07-03-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc1 (Post 4195630)
They did what any network would do. Draw viewers. People will tune in to see Tebow and Finebaum. Spears is a former SEC player. Is it a coincidence they picked people from 3 of the largest SEC fanbases (Bama, Fla, LSU)? Probably not, but pretty smart on their part.

Agree with Gyle^, Tessitore is the only one of that group that I know I like...which is disappointing.

This.

Espn isn't stupid. This isn't for "hard hitting analysis" this is to get people to watch and get them more views.