CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Realignment....winners and losers.... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207724)

superfly 07-03-2014 12:48 PM

Realignment....winners and losers....

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-foo...ignment-070114

How much money did it take for Maryland to turn its back on the ACC? If projections are correct about twenty million a year. We're headed for a new television world order where the SEC and the Big Ten dwarf every other conference in TV money. It's not going to be close. That's why I believe the ACC will eventually lose four more members to the Big Ten and the SEC. The SEC will take teams in Virginia and North Carolina

Honest question, if Syracuse doesn't leave for the ACC aren't they added to the Big Ten instead of Rutgers? The brand is much better, you still get New York state, and it's a better geographic fit for the Big Ten.
Wouldn't every Syracuse fan prefer to be in the Big Ten too?
Instead you jumped to the ACC from the Big East, from one unstable conference to another unstable conference.

The teams in the SEC, Big Ten, and Pac 12 can rest assured that whatever comes in the future, their conference is secure. The teams in the ACC and the Big 12? You're ground zero for the next conference realignment earthquakes.

kick_ball 07-03-2014 01:03 PM

Re: Realignment....winners and losers....

I don't see the acc being as fragile as he claims

B-G 07-03-2014 01:13 PM

The ACC isn't unstable.
It just sucks.

superfly 07-03-2014 01:56 PM

The guy is talking a decade from now....10 years....the grant of rights will be running out and the difference in money will make most schools think twice before signing on for any additional years. I think he is dead on if status quo is where we are headed. The acc and Big 12 money vs B1G and SEC money......huge difference and second thoughts by all.

trapper82 07-03-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfly (Post 4195845)
The guy is talking a decade from now....10 years....the grant of rights will be running out and the difference in money will make most schools think twice before signing on for any additional years. I think he is dead on if status quo is where we are headed. The acc and Big 12 money vs B1G and SEC money......huge difference and second thoughts by all.

Yep, its the end of these deals that will make the difference. No ACC network means someone will want to jump ship. The taters wish the SEC wanted them, but no thanks.

smoovecock 07-03-2014 02:28 PM

The acc made the right move for themselves....They knew they were way out of line on the football side of things but way up on the basketball side....They will own basketball TV money for a long time just like the SEC and The Big ???...does in football...

superfly 07-03-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoovecock (Post 4195873)
The acc made the right move for themselves....They knew they were way out of line on the football side of things but way up on the basketball side....They will own basketball TV money for a long time just like the SEC and The Big ???...does in football...

Basketball vs football = not close.....football pays the way in college athletics. The basketball TV money they may or may not own is mediocre at best....

CoverTwo 07-03-2014 02:32 PM

Petrino is going to build a powerhouse at Louisville.

smoovecock 07-03-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4195876)

..Ehhh he will win big in the acc....Im not sure about out of conference....With that said...If he stays in UL over 5 years it would surprise the hell out of me...

ReadR00ster 07-03-2014 02:44 PM

UNC will never be in the SEC.

MWard 07-03-2014 02:49 PM

Maryland going to the Big1G was the stupidest idea they've ever had. They went from being a mid tier football program in an awful conference to an awful program in a better conference. Do they think they'll be the best in the conference in Basketball? They'll still likely be 4-6th behind Mich, Mich St and OSU.

smoovecock 07-03-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4195891)
UNC will never be in the SEC.

...NC Stayut and Va Tech will....Bet on it....

CoverTwo 07-03-2014 02:57 PM

Well their recruiting grounds, at least in football, are primary Big 10 hubs. They weren't going to get those guys by staying in the ACC, IMO. Still probably won't get them but if they could start beating some of those other Big 10 schools they might be able to build up a pretty good team long term.

smoovecock 07-03-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4195904)
Well their recruiting grounds, at least in football, are primary Big 10 hubs. They weren't going to get those guys by staying in the ACC, IMO. Still probably won't get them but if they could start beating some of those other Big 10 schools they might be able to build up a pretty good team long term.

..To be honest....Big ???? = acc....I just don't respect the conference anymore....they have the history for sure but when they play out of conference they get their asses handed to them ...I really like Pertrino as a coach....as a matter of fact when The HBC leaves I hop we talk Petrino...

B-G 07-03-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoovecock (Post 4195903)
...NC Stayut and Va Tech will....Bet on it....

Why do you say state that way? I'm confused.

smoovecock 07-03-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4195907)

...The same reasons I say klempzun...nawth carolina...virginny...Jawja..AllBarn...Alerbama... Oinkiesaw.....ect ect....I am a Cocky Talk institution and ledgin at screwing around wiff the English language with a little bit of southern twang humor....:lol:

smoovecock 07-03-2014 03:06 PM

Check in on Hawgy and me when we are on the board....You will be enlighten beyond your years...:woo:

Hog 07-03-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4195907)

Why fo does yuz axe stuipy questionz? Youz been drinkie kobeerz?

smoovecock 07-03-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog (Post 4195924)
Why fo does yuz axe stuipy questionz? Youz been drinkie kobeerz?

...Tellem BBINDHWW...He not been round much...

GarnetInChicago 07-03-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4195876)

That could make them ripe for poaching by the Big 10 in the future if that happens.