CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Bama RB Kenyan Drake Arrested (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207797)

Travelin 07-08-2014 06:22 AM

Bama RB Kenyan Drake Arrested

Alabama rising junior running back Kenyan Drake was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with one misdemeanor count of obstructing governmental operations.

"While investigators were working on the crime scene Kenyan Adam Drake told officers his vehicle was parked inside the crime scene and he wanted to get his vehicle. Officers told him he would not be able to get his vehicle until the scene was released by Tuscaloosa County Homicide. Drake became upset and went through the crime scene tape and entered the crime scene after being told not to by officers. Officers immediately took the suspect into custody and charged him with Obstructing Governmental Operations."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...kenyan_dr.html

AikenRooster 07-08-2014 07:14 AM

Re: Bama RB Kenyan Drake Arrested

Yeah, I saw this. Bullshit charge. Unless he committed a crime or his car was involved in the crime, he should have been allowed to get his car. Just because the cops felt like taping off half of Tuscaloosa, this young man's life is ruined.

Travelin 07-08-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AikenRooster (Post 4197684)
Yeah, I saw this. Bullshit charge. Unless he committed a crime or his car was involved in the crime, he should have been allowed to get his car. Just because the cops felt like taping off half of Tuscaloosa, this young man's life is ruined.

Possibly. Sounds like he's been in Saban's doghouse before, too.

I agree about the charge, but he should have never defied their orders to begin with.

HeadCockFan 07-08-2014 08:30 AM

No way that charge sticks. He is well represented.

ShutTheSuccop 07-08-2014 09:07 AM

sounds like BS to me....not really sure why he would disobey the officer but to charge the man seems a little excessive to me

gamecock88 07-08-2014 09:21 AM

Not sure it's a BS charge. Looks like they taped off an area for investigation, told him his car wasn't released and he ignored all that and forced his way through. They were investigating a shooting, not a traffic stop. A little patience and he wouldn't have to deal with this now.

ReadR00ster 07-08-2014 10:07 AM

Nevermind, it happened at 12:50 am at a bar. Yeah, he was a dummy.

Cock Kool-Aid 07-08-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4197752)
Nevermind, it happened at 12:50 am at a bar. Yeah, he was a dummy.

So entering an active crime scene against direct police orders is perfectly acceptable when you're sober, but not if you've had some drinks... makes sense, bro.

Cock Kool-Aid 07-08-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AikenRooster (Post 4197684)

1. How do you know that the area that they taped off was excessive?

2. Ruined his life? That's hilarious.

ReadR00ster 07-08-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4197763)
So entering an active crime scene against direct police orders is perfectly acceptable when you're sober, but not if you've had some drinks... makes sense, bro.

What do you need to drive your car for if you are drunk?

If this happens in the middle of the day at restaurant you stopped for lunch, and you have to get back to work because you are expected to make a presentation and you need your car so you won't be late for your JOB than you have an argument. If you just want your car because you are tired and had a few too many drinks and want to drive home drunk so you can get some sleep that is entirely another story.

803scdantes 07-08-2014 10:34 AM

Sounds like guy wanted to get to his car, mouthed off to the cops, and the cops got pissed and trumped up a charge on him. This will probably be dismissed as cooler heads prevail.

donbgamecock 07-08-2014 11:08 AM

Sounds like impaired judgment or oversized ego.

If the POPO says this is a crime scene, you can't enter it until we're done processing, then that is what it is and you need to follow police orders. The police didn't just say "hey, theres that Kenyan Drake guy, lets give him a hard time."

It seems like he broke the law and will now have his time in court to defend himself.

This charge will have little or no impact on his life or even college football. Saban may question his judgment in the future though.

v/r

Don

MWard 07-08-2014 11:27 AM

bama is loaded at RB, he's just another Kamara to them, he'll be processed.

eightohhthree 07-08-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop (Post 4197714)
sounds like BS to me....not really sure why he would disobey the officer but to charge the man seems a little excessive to me

....not too long ago involving a football coach and a grocery store parking lot.

FanofCarolina1 07-09-2014 12:11 AM

Man them police should know better than to get between a man and his ride.

Taylorspur 07-09-2014 12:17 AM

If you ask me, it was pretty stupid to think he could get his car when there was a marked off crime scene and his car would be part of the evidence. The law is the law. If he had some kind of special place to go, he could have called a friend, cab or a coach and then explained why he was late.

ReadR00ster 07-09-2014 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylorspur (Post 4198319)
If you ask me, it was pretty stupid to think he could get his car when there was a marked off crime scene and his car would be part of the evidence. The law is the law. If he had some kind of special place to go, he could have called a friend, cab or a coach and then explained why he was late.

What's he going to be late for at 1 am Saturday morning?