CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2 Miami Linebackers arrested for sexual Battery on a minor (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207831)

Cockholio 07-08-2014 10:33 PM

2 Miami Linebackers arrested for sexual Battery on a minor

These thugs will be in jail for a long time.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ed-sex-charges

GoldenSpur7 07-08-2014 10:44 PM

Re: 2 Miami Linebackers arrested for sexual Battery on a minor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockholio (Post 4198255)
These thugs will be in jail for a long time.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ed-sex-charges

They're probably ringin' up Jameis Winston's lawyer as we speak.

MWard 07-08-2014 10:51 PM

So miami has 2 players arrested for raping a teenage girl, and then they get 2 national prospects commitments in the same day. wow.

usc1 07-08-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWard (Post 4198265)
So miami has 2 players arrested for raping a teenage girl, and then they get 2 national prospects commitments in the same day. wow.

Place is a talent wasteland nowadays. Enjoy playing in front of a half filled stadium at home against Wake Forest.

AtlGamecock3307 07-09-2014 12:21 AM

Stay classy

AtlGamecock3307 07-09-2014 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc1 (Post 4198271)
Place is a talent wasteland nowadays. Enjoy playing in front of a half filled stadium at home against Wake Forest.

I don't think I'd go as far as talent wasteland, they still send a lot of players to the league

Lalli25 07-09-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 (Post 4198264)
They're probably ringin' up Jameis Winston's lawyer as we speak.

I bet Auburn is already getting their recruitment pitch organized and counted ;)

uscGRAD04 07-09-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalli25 (Post 4198368)
I bet Auburn is already getting their recruitment pitch organized and counted ;)

lol

Auburn coaches are like "define minor"

MisterClowney 07-09-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc1 (Post 4198271)

Half filled is an overstatement. Thug U is a disgrace to college athletics.

usc1 07-09-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlGamecock3307 (Post 4198324)
I don't think I'd go as far as talent wasteland, they still send a lot of players to the league

For all the talent they get can you name 5 players from Miami over the past 8 or so years? I can't and I consider myself a pretty well informed college football fan.

ultimatetailgater 07-09-2014 11:30 AM

She certainly didn't deserve what happened to her, but it was pretty stupid to be falling down drunk at that age in that environment. Also how were either one of those guys able to "buy" her drinks? Neither of them is 21, they need to go after the bar/business where they were sold too.

Cockholio 07-09-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater (Post 4198500)
She certainly didn't deserve what happened to her, but it was pretty stupid to be falling down drunk at that age in that environment. Also how were either one of those guys able to "buy" her drinks? Neither of them is 21, they need to go after the bar/business where they were sold too.

She may have been drinking, but she was drugged as well, which is what most likely incapacitated her.

ktguen 07-09-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

We have our first victim blaming.

Regalcock 07-09-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterClowney (Post 4198472)
Half filled is an overstatement. Thug U is a disgrace to college athletics.

Quoted for truth!

Quote:

Reading is good...

Figueroa is additionally charged with possession of a stolen or forged driver's license.

tpep 07-09-2014 01:19 PM

I didn't take it as victim blame as much as the victim contributed to the situation. still, no excuse for the players actions

palmettosc 07-09-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpep (Post 4198560)
I didn't take it as victim blame as much as the victim contributed to the situation. still, no excuse for the players actions

How does one saying one contributed to whatever, not laying blame on them?

ultimatetailgater 07-09-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regalcock (Post 4198558)
Quoted for truth!

Reading is good...

Figueroa is additionally charged with possession of a stolen or forged driver's license.

That may be but selling to someone under those circumstances is still illegal if they are underage.

ultimatetailgater 07-09-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktguen (Post 4198552)
We have our first victim blaming.

If simply pointing out that she put herself in an unfavorable situation is blaming her then I don't know what to tell you, it wasn't as if she was walking down a well lit street and thrown into the back of a van. She was with some underage football players that were somehow able to buy her drinks as the article states and while being underage herself she choose to drink them, whether or not they were drugged is irrelevant she shouldn't have accepted them in the first place.

Did she deserve what happened? Absolutely not and no I'm not blaming her for what happened but she was partly responsible for being in that situation in the first place. Decisions have consequences, right, wrong or in this case really messed up they exist none the less. Any logical person has to asses whether the risks out weight the rewards of being in a certain place at a certain time under certain conditions. If that sounds cold then ya it probably is but this world we live in can be a cruel place sometimes and there are hard lessons to learn. Personally I hope they lock those bastards up and throw away the key but the takeaway here is she could have probably prevented this from happening by making smarter decisions.

Gaichon 07-09-2014 01:25 PM

The U..lol. They could become altar boys and based off their "style" in the 80s/90s I'd still hate 'em.

crowcutta 07-09-2014 01:31 PM

miami had another guy arrested for rape 3 years ago and got kicked off the team. the shocking thing is the da reduced the sexual battery of a helpless victim charge down to false imprisonment for which he plead no contest. no jail time.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ripti...brown_take.php

i doubt these guys get off as easy.