CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   China to build canal in Nicaragua (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207867)

Kaka 07-10-2014 01:25 PM

China to build canal in Nicaragua

I saw the news in the business insider fb page...

Gamecocks1137 07-10-2014 08:23 PM

Re: China to build canal in Nicaragua

Just another way to ship all the goods they make.

GregoryHouse 07-10-2014 09:59 PM

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/989633/

robgusc76 07-10-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4199335)
Just another way to ship all the goods they make.

Na, thats strategy for possible future conflicts.

CockyLifer 07-10-2014 10:53 PM

Can they not use the one in Panama?

robgusc76 07-10-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4199399)

^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4199429)
Can they not use the one in Panama?

CockyLifer 07-10-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4199399)

I have to agree, I don't see any real reason for China to be allowed to do this. It is likely a ploy to take control of the land around the canal they will build as well as militarize it. It is further north than the Panama Canal and will reduce travel of goods though there which will benefit the Chinese. If you look at how long we controlled the Panama Canal this is cause for concern.

Gamecocks1137 07-10-2014 11:06 PM

I get it, China wants to stage a future conflict with the US. If that is the case, then they are dumber than I thought.

CockyLifer 07-10-2014 11:15 PM

Also allowing this route through the largest freshwater lake in Latin America should have ended this discussion.

robgusc76 07-10-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4199446)
I get it, China wants to stage a future conflict with the US. If that is the case, then they are dumber than I thought.

Didnt say that, but look at what is going on in the world today, a world war in the future isnt out of the realm of possibility. And if that were to happen, we arent about to give the Chinese access to the Panama Canal to gain access to the atlantic ocean. It makes sense.

CockyLifer 07-10-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4199446)

Well tbh they could likely own us in a war. Remember what made us such a strong military in the 1st place? Production. Which in America our industry is nowhere near what it once was. China could likely out produce us if there were to be a conflict between us and they have been taking our military vehicles and making their own versions for some time now. To be the best you have to beat the best. They want the respect and clout that the United States has all over the world. Not to mention how much do we owe them now that we can't payback? China owns the US.

I kept this out of political talk but we should all be aware that our military is not a priority anymore and a weakened military will lead to the fall of the American Empire.

2000grad 07-10-2014 11:32 PM

They are building infrastructure in places in order obtain rights for goods. Ask Chad

FlorenceCock 07-11-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4199466)
Well tbh they could likely own us in a war. Remember what made us such a strong military in the 1st place? Production. Which in America our industry is nowhere near what it once was. China could likely out produce us if there were to be a conflict between us and they have been taking our military vehicles and making their own versions for some time now. To be the best you have to beat the best. They want the respect and clout that the United States has all over the world. Not to mention how much do we owe them now that we can't payback? China owns the US.

I kept this out of political talk but we should all be aware that our military is not a priority anymore and a weakened military will lead to the fall of the American Empire.

This is a joke right? The US military would absolutely destroy China in a conventional conflict anywhere not on the Asian continent. Our nuclear submarine fleet alone would destroy the Chinese blue water Navy in the mater of a few days.

Gamecocks1137 07-11-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4199466)

Their man power is fierce, I will give them that. When it comes to technology though, we would own them in more ways than one. No one needs a million soldiers if you have a bomb capable of wiping out entire cities or regions. Of course the use of that kind of capability would require a world war, and I am sure no one wants a piece of that. Not even the Chinese. Remember as soon as Kim Jung Crazy started acting out, they were the first ones there to set him straight. They don't want a conflict with us, they want to be like us. Just commies. :lol:

Acockolypse Now 07-11-2014 12:33 AM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/7b/7b5cb...bc51cfb415.jpg

CockyLifer 07-11-2014 01:02 AM

You guys think we can still whoop ass in a conflict? Please expound.

FlorenceCock 07-11-2014 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4199530)
You guys think we can still whoop ass in a conflict? Please expound.

I think it would be better if you would explain why the US military wouldn't? Even with the cuts that have taken place in the past few years we are still overwhelmingly the most powerful military force ever fielded by man kind.

Cock Kool-Aid 07-11-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorenceCock (Post 4199533)
I think it would be better if you would explain why the US military wouldn't? Even with the cuts that have taken place in the past few years we are still overwhelmingly the most powerful military force ever fielded by man kind.

This. China has manpower, but their weapons/tech are shit compared to ours. Our military force is the best in the world, and it's not close. Even with cuts in spending, we spend what? 7x that of the next nation on military? I don't think China wants any piece of a war with us any time soon.

Cock Kool-Aid 07-11-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4199460)
Also allowing this route through the largest freshwater lake in Latin America should have ended this discussion.

It seems like China doesn't give a damn about preserving nature. Their cities are polluted as hell and they obliterate massive mountain ranges to expand development.

gocockswyn 07-11-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4199560)
It seems like China doesn't give a damn about preserving nature. Their cities are polluted as hell and they obliterate massive mountain ranges to expand development.

That is absolutely true and Nicaragua needs the money. They have been communist since we allowed the Sandinistas to take over their country.