CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Messi vs Germany (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207882)

Kaka 07-11-2014 08:31 AM

Messi vs Germany
 
Let see if the most overrated soccer player of all times doesn't choke this time.

That's the least he can do, win this game.

Coulwoodwarlord 07-11-2014 09:07 AM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
I don't think he has the team around him to beat the Germans. Why would you say he is the most overrated ?

I Bleed Garnet 07-11-2014 09:16 AM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
If he's overrated then what is CR7?

cock13 07-11-2014 09:17 AM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet (Post 4199602)
If he's overrated then what is CR7?

on vacation.

Kaka 07-11-2014 09:20 AM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Even without DiMaria, Argentina is a very strong team, there's a reason why they are in the final.

uscjeremynca 07-11-2014 11:04 AM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Kaka showing his blatant Real Madrid bias again. He's calling out Messi when he has single handedly kept Argentina in this tournament and scored 4 goals. He has talent around him but the rest of his team has done nothing. A total of 8 goals in 6 matches - 3 of those against Nigeria. Yet Kaka claims that Di Maria and his teammates are why Argentina has succeeded. I repeat, 8 goals by Argentina - 4 scored by Messi, one assisted by Messi. 5 of the 8 goals are because of him.

Meanwhile his boy CR7, a selfish whiny douchebag who is now sitting at home, played a total of 270 minutes, scoring 1 goal with 1 assist. Despite his limited minutes, Ronaldo is still 3rd in the entire World Cup in number of shots taken. Guy tried to carry his team and failed miserably.

Yet Messi is overrated because his Real Madrid boy Di Maria is on the team. Argentina has had the easiest road to the Final and is one of the most boring teams to watch. However, they are still in this tournament because of Messi.

Back to your regularly scheduled Messi bashing from a biased Real Madrid fan who can't see reality.

markp_vip 07-11-2014 11:09 AM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Can't wait to see Messi, Suarez, and Neymar link up. Will be a while as Neymar has to heal up and Suarez is on time-out, but Barcelona will be a fun team to watch with the three of them up front.

uscjeremynca 07-11-2014 11:17 AM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Player A
CRISTIANO RONALDO
PortugalPORTUGAL
FORWARD
MATCHES PLAYED 3
MINUTES PLAYED 270
GOALS SCORED 1
SHOTS 23
PASSES COMPLETED 82
RECOVERED BALLS 6
TACKLES 1
SAVES 0
CASTROL INDEX 7.99
TOP SPEED 31.2 km/h
DISTANCE COVERED 28.2 km

Player B
LIONEL MESSI
MATCHES PLAYED 6
MINUTES PLAYED 573
GOALS SCORED 4
SHOTS 18
PASSES COMPLETED 214
RECOVERED BALLS 7
TACKLES 7
SAVES 0
CASTROL INDEX 9.39
TOP SPEED 29.6 km/h
DISTANCE COVERED 51.9 km

So Messi runs more, passes more, tackles more, scores more, and has single handedly gotten Argentina into the Final scoring or assisting on 5 of 8 goals.

So let's compare Messi to Di Maria.

Angel Di Maria
MATCHES PLAYED 5
MINUTES PLAYED 423
GOALS SCORED 1
SHOTS 25
PASSES COMPLETED 205
RECOVERED BALLS 9
TACKLES 5
SAVES 0
CASTROL INDEX 9.16
TOP SPEED 33 km/h
DISTANCE COVERED 45.8 km

So Di Maria has had the 2nd most shots in the tournament, scored only 1 goal, has less passes completed (as a midfielder), less tackles, and less distance covered. Yes, Di Maria has played 1 less match than Messi yet he plays midfield where Messi is a forward. Yet Messi has more passes completed, more tackles, and has taken less shots, and scored more goals - than a midfielder who is supposedly the reason why Argentina has made it as far as they have according to Kaka.

So Di Maria is a bit of a ball hog who doesn't score, doesn't play much defense or pass as well as Messi who is a forward.

Kaka 07-11-2014 11:43 AM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uscjeremynca (Post 4199679)
Player A
CRISTIANO RONALDO
PortugalPORTUGAL
FORWARD
MATCHES PLAYED 3
MINUTES PLAYED 270
GOALS SCORED 1
SHOTS 23
PASSES COMPLETED 82
RECOVERED BALLS 6
TACKLES 1
SAVES 0
CASTROL INDEX 7.99
TOP SPEED 31.2 km/h
DISTANCE COVERED 28.2 km

Player B
LIONEL MESSI
MATCHES PLAYED 6
MINUTES PLAYED 573
GOALS SCORED 4
SHOTS 18
PASSES COMPLETED 214
RECOVERED BALLS 7
TACKLES 7
SAVES 0
CASTROL INDEX 9.39
TOP SPEED 29.6 km/h
DISTANCE COVERED 51.9 km

So Messi runs more, passes more, tackles more, scores more, and has single handedly gotten Argentina into the Final scoring or assisting on 5 of 8 goals.

So let's compare Messi to Di Maria.

Angel Di Maria
MATCHES PLAYED 5
MINUTES PLAYED 423
GOALS SCORED 1
SHOTS 25
PASSES COMPLETED 205
RECOVERED BALLS 9
TACKLES 5
SAVES 0
CASTROL INDEX 9.16
TOP SPEED 33 km/h
DISTANCE COVERED 45.8 km

So Di Maria has had the 2nd most shots in the tournament, scored only 1 goal, has less passes completed (as a midfielder), less tackles, and less distance covered. Yes, Di Maria has played 1 less match than Messi yet he plays midfield where Messi is a forward. Yet Messi has more passes completed, more tackles, and has taken less shots, and scored more goals - than a midfielder who is supposedly the reason why Argentina has made it as far as they have according to Kaka.

So Di Maria is a bit of a ball hog who doesn't score, doesn't play much defense or pass as well as Messi who is a forward.

Maybe bc Messi gets the ball more? The coach ask the team to play for him tactically...

Ronaldo was injured, we all know what he can do when he is healthy.

The least Messi can do is to win this game, that if he wants to be a solid top 15 of all times.

I Bleed Garnet 07-11-2014 11:49 AM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Is CR7 top 15 of all "times"?

Nureye 07-11-2014 12:10 PM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka (Post 4199577)
Let see if the most overrated soccer player of all times doesn't choke this time...


100% wrong. Here are the stats to prove it. (From Nate Silver's website.)

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...is-impossible/

Messi is the best player in the world, and it's not even close.

B-G 07-11-2014 12:16 PM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nureye (Post 4199715)
100% wrong. Here are the stats to prove it. (From Nate Silver's website.)

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...is-impossible/

Messi is the best player in the world, and it's not even close.

Woah woah woah! Nate Silver!!!
Get out of here with all dem numberz and shit!!! You just confusing me!!! Nerd
(Spit)

uscjeremynca 07-11-2014 12:17 PM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka (Post 4199694)
Maybe bc Messi gets the ball more? The coach ask the team to play for him tactically...

Ronaldo was injured, we all know what he can do when he is healthy.

The least Messi can do is to win this game, that if he wants to be a solid top 15 of all times.

So Messi has the ball more - as a forward?! So the forward, Messi, has less shots than the midfielder, Di Maria. And the forward also has more passes completed than the midfielder. And the forward (I repeat FORWARD) has more tackles than the midfielder.

Yet Di Maria, with more shots, fewer goals, fewer passes, and less defense being played than the FORWARD/goal scorer on the team is why Argentina is succeeding?!?!

What an idiotic statement!

Yes, CR7 may be a little hurt but didn't stop him from attempting the 3rd most shots in the World Cup despite only playing 3 matches.

Biocockanics 07-11-2014 12:18 PM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka (Post 4199694)
Maybe bc Messi gets the ball more? The coach ask the team to play for him tactically...

Ronaldo was injured, we all know what he can do when he is healthy.

The least Messi can do is to win this game, that if he wants to be a solid top 15 of all times.

So...Ronaldo isn't a top 15 of all time? He'll never win a WC and will never be in the top 15...ever.

truth is spoken.

uscjeremynca 07-11-2014 12:21 PM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nureye (Post 4199715)
100% wrong. Here are the stats to prove it. (From Nate Silver's website.)

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...is-impossible/

Messi is the best player in the world, and it's not even close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4199723)
Woah woah woah! Nate Silver!!!
Get out of here with all dem numberz and shit!!! You just confusing me!!! Nerd
(Spit)

Everybody talks about Ronaldo and how he scores goals and how good he is. Here's the stat that jumps out to me - Shot attempts.

See my stats above - Ronaldo played 3 games in the World Cup and is 3rd in the entire World Cup is shot attempts.

In these stats, Ronaldo had 1018 shot attempts. Messi is 2nd with 735. Ibra is 3rd with 564. Just goes to prove that Ronaldo scores because he is the most selfish player on the planet.

Love this stat about shots outside the penalty area:

Ronaldo takes more than twice as many shots from this distance, but still has fewer goals overall (than Messi).

Kaka 07-11-2014 12:24 PM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uscjeremynca (Post 4199726)
So Messi has the ball more - as a forward?! So the forward, Messi, has less shots than the midfielder, Di Maria. And the forward also has more passes completed than the midfielder. And the forward (I repeat FORWARD) has more tackles than the midfielder.

Yet Di Maria, with more shots, fewer goals, fewer passes, and less defense being played than the FORWARD/goal scorer on the team is why Argentina is succeeding?!?!

What an idiotic statement!

Yes, CR7 may be a little hurt but didn't stop him from attempting the 3rd most shots in the World Cup despite only playing 3 matches.

Higuain, Aguero, Palacio are the forwards, you are trying to teach science to a scietist.

uscjeremynca 07-11-2014 12:29 PM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4199729)
So...Ronaldo isn't a top 15 of all time? He'll never win a WC and will never be in the top 15...ever.

truth is spoken.

Hell will freeze over before Ronaldo wins a World Cup. He is far too selfish and whiny of a player to ever lead a team. I'm shocked he was captain of a team. How often do you see a captain yelling at his team, throwing up his arms in frustration, and pouting when he isn't given the ball more, guys don't give him good enough passes, etc? This coming from a guy who is 3rd in the World Cup in shot attempts despite playing only 3 matches.

That number is quite shocking but when you see that it's Ronaldo it isn't. He doesn't play defense, only looks to score and glorify himself, and doesn't make his team better.

uscjeremynca 07-11-2014 12:40 PM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka (Post 4199735)
Higuain, Aguero, Palacio are the forwards, you are trying to teach science to a scietist.

Do you think I'm some dumb American who doesn't know the game? You think you are an expert on this board? I watch the sport all year round. I've seen most of the matches in the World Cup.

It's one thing to know the game. It's another to let your bias keep you from seeing reality. Everyone on the planet but you would agree that Messi has been the most important player for Argentina. They wouldn't be in this World Cup without him. Yes, Higuain had a crucial goal. Mascherano has been underrated and not gotten the attention for the little things he has done. Di Maria has played a vital role.

However, for you to say that Messi has been in overrated in this World Cup is ignorant. He has been the most important player for his team even when he wasn't scoring. All the time, he has 2 or 3 players on him when he has the ball. Yet he creates space, passes, scores, and doesn't always fall down when guys are physical with him (Ronaldo could learn something from this).

Your statement about Messi being overrated, especially in this World Cup, shows your bias.

Personally, I think Germany has played the best football in this tournament and definitely the most beautiful football. I like Argentina but think they are lucky to be here. They had an easy group, haven't played that great, and aren't that fun to watch. Germany should beat them. However, Messi deserves the credit for them getting here (not ignoring the contributions of other players noted above).

ccured 07-11-2014 12:44 PM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uscjeremynca (Post 4199679)
Player A
CRISTIANO RONALDO
PortugalPORTUGAL
FORWARD
MATCHES PLAYED 3
MINUTES PLAYED 270
GOALS SCORED 1
SHOTS 23
PASSES COMPLETED 82
RECOVERED BALLS 6
TACKLES 1
SAVES 0
CASTROL INDEX 7.99
TOP SPEED 31.2 km/h
DISTANCE COVERED 28.2 km

Player B
LIONEL MESSI
MATCHES PLAYED 6
MINUTES PLAYED 573
GOALS SCORED 4
SHOTS 18
PASSES COMPLETED 214
RECOVERED BALLS 7
TACKLES 7
SAVES 0
CASTROL INDEX 9.39
TOP SPEED 29.6 km/h
DISTANCE COVERED 51.9 km

So Messi runs more, passes more, tackles more, scores more, and has single handedly gotten Argentina into the Final scoring or assisting on 5 of 8 goals.

Are you really arguing that Portugal team is a small good as Argentina because that is how I take those stats. Messi averages less than 10 km a game while cr7 averages over 10 km a game. So no Messi doesn't run more. Cr7 was hurt so he had 1 tackle in 3 games while Messi averages 1.166 per game big whoop. Cr7 averages 2 balls recovered per game while Messi averages 1.166 a game. Cr7 had to throw up dumb shots because he team sacked while Messi gets to concentrate on quality shots not quantity lime cr7. I still think cr7 is a better total player but Messi is a better finisher. He makes people look silly and gets open shots he doesn't miss. I think they both are the clear number 1 and 1a. There is a reason that together they have won the the last 5 or 6 players of the year. The hate on both sides of the argument is over the top

So Di Maria is a bit of a ball hog who doesn't score, doesn't play much defense or pass as well as Messi who is a forward.[/quote]

uscjeremynca 07-11-2014 12:50 PM

Re: Messi vs Germany
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4199756)
Are you really arguing that Portugal team is a small good as Argentina because that is how I take those stats. Messi averages less than 10 km a game while cr7 averages over 10 km a game. So no Messi doesn't run more. Cr7 was hurt so he had 1 tackle in 3 games while Messi averages 1.166 per game big whoop. Cr7 averages 2 balls recovered per game while Messi averages 1.166 a game. Cr7 had to throw up dumb shots because he team sacked while Messi gets to concentrate on quality shots not quantity lime cr7. I still think cr7 is a better total player but Messi is a better finisher. He makes people look silly and gets open shots he doesn't miss. I think they both are the clear number 1 and 1a. There is a reason that together they have won the the last 5 or 6 players of the year. The hate on both sides of the argument is over the top

So Di Maria is a bit of a ball hog who doesn't score, doesn't play much defense or pass as well as Messi who is a forward.

[/quote]

see the link that nureye provided above. It's eye opening how much better Messi has been over Ronaldo in terms of total player.

I'm not arguing Ronaldo's talent but he doesn't make his team/players around him better. The stats I posted in the WC about shots taken aren't an anomaly. Ronaldo scores (for both Portugal and Real Madrid) because he takes more shots than anyone on the planet (and it isn't even close). Of course he scores but at what cost to the rest of his team? (Of course he whines, cries, and pouts that he doesn't get the chance to shoot more)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.