CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Are we screwed at CB? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207887)

FearThethumbandDJ 07-11-2014 12:22 PM

Are we screwed at CB?

It came out a few days ago that darin smalls, green, and lammons are one of the 8 players that might not qualify from our 2014 class, so even if they do qualify they wont get the practice that the others are getting.

How is our CB situation looking as of right now with who has qualified and who we already had? Also why are we recruiting all these kids who cant even meet very low academic standards? Theyre going to need a lot of help in college.

Nureye 07-11-2014 12:22 PM

Re: Are we screwed at CB?

Not screwed. More like...DOOMED.

ConwayGamecock 07-11-2014 12:31 PM

Heard reports that Smalls, Lammons, and Green will be required to retake their standardized (ACT) test over again...possibly today at the latest. Apparently their previous test scores looked too high for the NCAA clearinghouse's comfort, so they will retake it today under supervision. The results of the retakes should be known in 2 weeks time. Stay tuned I guess.....

nodnahs 07-11-2014 12:34 PM

Very scary to think about if these db 's don't qualify, i trust the coaching staff to make & get the most out of our current roster, but would be difficult to field what we have in the back end w/out these guys qualifying. Fingers crossed they can put their grades/scores in order & get on campus. Just not looking good.

FearThethumbandDJ 07-11-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock (Post 4199739)
Heard reports that Smalls, Lammons, and Green will be required to retake their standardized (ACT) test over again...possibly today at the latest. Apparently their previous test scores looked too high for the NCAA clearinghouse's comfort, so they will retake it today under supervision. The results of the retakes should be known in 2 weeks time. Stay tuned I guess.....

How bad would you feel if you worked really hard and did great on the ACT only to have the NCAA say you are too stupid to get that high of a score, haha. I guess well find out if they actually did well or did indeed cheat.

TheUniversityofSC 07-11-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

What?

CoverTwo 07-11-2014 12:45 PM

CB - Williams, McWilliams, Groves, J. Smith, D. Smith, Harris

Gurley and Elder have both also spent time at Corner at some point in their careers.

S - Williams, Gurley, Elder, Marcus, Moody, Sasser

Not ideal depth, but not terrible either.

CoverTwo 07-11-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUniversityofSC (Post 4199754)
What?

Depending on how many times they took it, if there is a big score increase from the 1st to 2nd time then it'll get flagged.

Rooster'srule 07-11-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

How can you cheat on a standardized test? :rotfl:

ColaCock 07-11-2014 12:52 PM

Ahmad screwed us over with his "I wanna go home" to Florida and then he signs with Utah. WTF was the kid thinking?

Goofyboy 07-11-2014 12:54 PM

I hope the retake story is just a rumor. If I or my kid were forced to retake a test like that, delayed entry and did about as well on a retake, I would finally see a good reason for finding a good lawyer. Sometime an organization like the NCAA might need an accountability moment.

uscGRAD04 07-11-2014 01:15 PM

As if taking the ACT wasn't stressful enough for these guys...imagine taking it under these conditions.

usc1 07-11-2014 01:17 PM

They watch you like a hawk when you take the ACT anyway, I'm not sure how they could beef up security anymore aside from literally standing over your desk while you take it.

evilpoptart 07-11-2014 01:38 PM

There was an update on GCC about Green, Lammons, and Wideman. I dont sub so I dont know whats goin on.

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/sho...d=1017&style=2

CockyLifer 07-11-2014 01:43 PM

Well this certainly gives us something to ponder. Did anyone ever get a reason why Ronnie Martin transferred? I could care less about Ahmad leaving remember Ute game? I still think we will be fine.:wink:

Legalman72 07-11-2014 01:56 PM

Was it Derek Watson who got special permission to take the SAT verbally? Dyslexia? I remember a wealthy UGA booster (great guy, BTW) bellyaching about it to me.

He said, "I'm sure the proctor will say, 'Okay, Derek, is it A, B, C...or D?'"

Gamecockfanatic4 07-11-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4199852)
Well this certainly gives us something to ponder. Did anyone ever get a reason why Ronnie Martin transferred? I could care less about Ahmad leaving remember Ute game? I still think we will be fine.:wink:

Martin wasnt going to play I believe

Biocockanics 07-11-2014 02:02 PM

Yep, we're screwed at CB. It's 1997 all over again. Our winning ways are behind us. It's back to chuck and pray, this is the last year we'll have any talent. Spurrier will retire, Ray Tanner will quit and the SEC will repo our new facilities under the Imminent domain clause.

It was fun while it lasted.

If you dont understand sarcasm, I can't help you.

CockyLifer 07-11-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 (Post 4199880)
Martin wasnt going to play I believe

He didn't see potential playing time?

CockyLifer 07-11-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4199885)
Yep, we're screwed at CB. It's 1997 all over again. Our winning ways are behind us. It's back to chuck and pray, this is the last year we'll have any talent. Spurrier will retire, Ray Tanner will quit and the SEC will repo our new facilities under the Imminent domain clause.

It was fun while it lasted.

If you dont understand sarcasm, I can't help you.

Now das funny!:bow: