CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   For the military conspircy folks.... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=208952)

uscgmck 08-16-2014 04:33 PM

For the military conspircy folks....

....thoughts?

2000grad 08-16-2014 04:40 PM

Re: For the military conspircy folks....

UFOs aren't necessarily an alien spacecraft...their just something not identified by your average person

FlorenceCock 08-16-2014 05:49 PM

I think that the DOD more than likely has all sorts of secret tech that is probably 30 to 40 years more advanced than what we have now. Just think they were flying the F-117 for a decade before the public knew about it.

cocky0 08-16-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorenceCock (Post 4227517)
I think that the DOD more than likely has all sorts of secret tech that is probably 30 to 40 years more advanced than what we have now. Just think they were flying the F-117 for a decade before the public knew about it.

It's true. When I joined in the late 90s, we had a predecessor to the iPad called the GI-Pad.

Gamecocks1137 08-16-2014 06:28 PM

I still don't understand how the sub orbital space planes work. There is no air resistance in space, so how do the wings function?

FlorenceCock 08-16-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4227529)
I still don't understand how the sub orbital space planes work. There is no air resistance in space, so how do the wings function?

It is suborbital so it does not make an entire revolution around the planet. It needs the wings in order to exit and reenter the atmosphere.

robgusc76 08-16-2014 10:39 PM

Had this conversation with someone the other day. We can't even imagine the technology we have that we don't even know about.

Carolina4Life 08-17-2014 12:47 PM

The Media/Gov is only going to tell you so much. Of course there is technology that is out there that we don't know about.

rioninusc 08-17-2014 01:13 PM

When you have a military budget like this, we better have stuff like this. :lol:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...tart=0&ndsp=41http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...08379137409349http://armscontrolcenter.org/images/USvsNext152012.jpg

The war is in the budget as well though.

ColaCock 08-17-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4227715)
Had this conversation with someone the other day. We can't even imagine the technology we have that we don't even know about.

Wut?

Carolina4Life 08-17-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColaCock (Post 4228046)
Wut?

I thought it was dabo myself.

The Yancey 08-18-2014 12:09 AM

Gallery: The Twentieth Century's Best-Kept Military Secrets

http://www.popsci.com/technology/gal...src=SOC&dom=fb

Gamecocks1137 08-18-2014 04:46 AM

Groom lake is one I still wish I knew the answer to. Out of all of those, Groom Lake, Area 51 peaks my interest the most.

El Cid Ranger 08-18-2014 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Black Knight Satellite
Attachment 13486

Black Knight also known as the Black Knight satellite is an alleged object orbiting Earth in near-polar orbit that ufologists and fringe authors believe is approximately 13,000 years old and of extraterrestrial origin. It’s claimed that Nikola Tesla picked up a repeating radio signal as early as 1899 which he believed was coming from space. The satellite explanation originated in 1954 when newspapers including the St. Louis Post Dispatch and the San Francisco Examiner ran stories attributed to UFO researcher Donald Keyhoe saying that the US Air Force had reported that two satellites orbiting the Earth had been detected. At this time no man-made satellites had been launched. In February 1960 there was a further report that the US Navy had detected a dark, tumbling object in an orbit inclined at 79° from the equator with an orbital period of 104.5 minutes. Its orbit was also highly eccentric with an apogee of 1,728 km (1,074 mi) and a perigee of only 216 km (134 mi) At the time the Navy was tracking a fragment of casing from the Discoverer VIII satellite launch which had a very similar orbit. It was later claimed that the dark object was simply another part of the casing that was assumed lost. In 1973 the Scottish writer Duncan Lunan analyzed the data from the Norwegian radio researchers, coming to the conclusion that they produced a star chart pointing the way to Epsilon Boötis, a double star in the constellation of Boötes. Lunan's hypothesis was that these signals were being transmitted from a 12,600 year old object located at one of Earth's Lagrangian points. An object photographed in 1998 during the STS-88 mission has been widely claimed to be this "alien artefact". People analyzing these pictures have claimed that it could be the Pakal Spacecraft, a supposed Mayan spacecraft written about by Erich von Daniken.

CockyLifer 08-20-2014 02:37 AM

I wish we would be allowed to know the truth but the problem is the masses won't be able to handle it so we might not ever know in our lifetimes.

Gamecocks1137 08-20-2014 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4230601)
I wish we would be allowed to know the truth but the problem is the masses won't be able to handle it so we might not ever know in our lifetimes.

By Masses, do we mean all people or just the ones who care? Because if the Government came out today and said Aliens are real, I think more than half the population wouldn't give a shit and go about their daily lives in less than a week. It is us, or the ones who care, that would be a bit different.

CockyLifer 08-20-2014 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4230603)
By Masses, do we mean all people or just the ones who care? Because if the Government came out today and said Aliens are real, I think more than half the population wouldn't give a shit and go about their daily lives in less than a week. It is us, or the ones who care, that would be a bit different.

Knowing for sure and if we could talk to them I think would clear things up for us all but who's to say there hasn't already been contact?

Gamecocks1137 08-20-2014 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4230606)
Knowing for sure and if we could talk to them I think would clear things up for us all but who's to say there hasn't already been contact?

Sure would be awesome, probably won't happen in our lifetimes like you said, but one can dream.

CockyLifer 08-20-2014 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4230607)
Sure would be awesome, probably won't happen in our lifetimes like you said, but one can dream.

Did you see that special on the structures on the dark side of the moon?

CockyLifer 08-20-2014 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4227715)

Wish they would quit holding back I like to dream and knowing what's coming after I'm dead would help.