CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I Question The State's Agenda... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=208961)

GregoryHouse 08-16-2014 10:11 PM

I Question The State's Agenda...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...ps3688d3fd.png

I think the state wants to ensure you know that a former Gamecock did something negative.

Pictured is walk-on fullback James Hutton.

His crime is punching another dude in the face.

Quote:

ASSAULT AND BATTERY – 2nd DEGREE
Class A Misdemeanor
Code §16-3-600(D)(1)
CDR Code 3413

Elements Of The Offense:
That the accused unlawfully injured another person, or offers or attempts to injure another person with the present ability to do so, and:
(a) moderate bodily injury to another person results or moderate bodily injury to another person could have resulted; or
(b) the act involves the nonconsensual touching of the private parts of a person, either under or above clothing.
Note:
‘Moderate bodily injury’ means physical injury requiring treatment to an organ system of the body other than the skin, muscles, and connective tissues of the body, except when there is penetration of the skin, muscles, and connective tissues that require surgical repair of a complex nature or when treatment of the injuries requires the use of regional or general anesthesia.
‘Private parts’ means the genital area or buttocks of a male or female or the breasts of a female.
Penalty:
Fine of not more than $2,500, or imprisonment for not more than 3 years, or both.

TheUniversityofSC 08-16-2014 10:18 PM

Re: I Question The State's Agenda...

You still read the state? Lol. I thought CockyTalk had a ban on that website? Oh and a former tater is still smoking pot.

Gamecocks1137 08-16-2014 10:22 PM

Who pays the state's salaries? Better yet who owns that damn Paper. Someone with a grudge against us apparently.

Ole Gregg 08-16-2014 10:30 PM

I don't think it is an agenda, more of a vendetta really.

SwampFox 08-16-2014 10:34 PM

The State Puppy Trainer and Fish Cleaning Surface Cover has had it in for the university for years. Remember a now deceased writer named Herman Helms?

The Yancey 08-16-2014 10:45 PM

Did he use a towel rod?

GregoryHouse 08-16-2014 10:58 PM

the comments on facebook are pretty interesting...

"From a Clemson fan-
This is why your newspaper is a joke. What he did was wrong, but plastering this on the news especially like you are doing is ridiculous."

"Die Hard Tiger Fan and quite frankly his football affiliation has absolutely nothing to do with his actions so why would you even mention that? What REALLY matters here is violence is never the answer to anything."

"And do you think a 'no name, nobody remembers' Gamecock was the best way to reference the accused? And was there a reason listed for the fight? No, just tried to make a mockery of it being a former Gamecock...boo, hiss on you!"

"Seriously. This publication is pathetic. One more reason I don't subscribe in print/online. Did y'all happen to go around the state and dig up any other college's "formers" who may have broken the law today? Or yesterday? Or last week? He'll get a slap on the wrist....but not because he's a "former" anything.....because that's how we roll here in the SC. Why don't you do a piece on the injustice suffered by the victims of 2nd degree assault and battery in SC? How the term "victim's rights" and "victim's advocacy" mean absolutely less than nothing? How about that????"

"Totally don't remember this guy. And that matters because it speaks to the State paper's sensationalism. They created headlines out of a non newsworthy event. Quite a stretch by our local rag!"

""A walk on fullback?? Really? Please let us know if the 2nd string water boy ever gets in trouble as well. That way we will have 2 no names to think about"

MisterClowney 08-16-2014 11:02 PM

That dude is a piece of shit. Regardless of whether he was a walk-on at USC or an Aerospace Engineer from MIT. The State is a joke.

Spurrier_Superior_One 08-16-2014 11:03 PM

Did moRon Morris write it?

Gamecocks1137 08-16-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One (Post 4227749)
Did moRon Morris write it?

Reads like his work, but not entirely sure.

etowngangsta 08-16-2014 11:10 PM

Sounds like he won the fight. Sooo, he's got that going for him...

GregoryHouse 08-16-2014 11:15 PM

I heard from a former east Carolina student that the former gamecock player said something disparaging about the victim's wife (a keenan h.s. graduate). The victim, a graduate of the university of south Carolina, told the puncher that he did not appreciate the remarks. The former south Carolina walk-on fullback then sucker punched the engineering major. The guy who spent his freshman year in snowden received the punch, fell and hit his head on the sidewalk.

The officer on the scene once ate a two piece combo from the bojangles near Williams-Brice Stadium and he also owns a Charlotte hornets hat

Ole Gregg 08-16-2014 11:24 PM

who did he punch? Ronald Morris Jr.?

Sir Cuss 08-16-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4227692)
Who pays the state's salaries? Better yet who owns that damn Paper. Someone with a grudge against us apparently.

Probably Nimrata Haley.

Flameout12 08-17-2014 07:51 AM

Former USC football player arrested for alleged sucker punch on King Street

If you can read this.....so this guy was a walk-on FB for two years, gets arrested and Gamecock football gets associated with this. What does being some walk-on from 7 years ago have to do with this crime?
Local TV shows the same thing.....why do they do this?

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...esidents-skull

Gamecocks1137 08-17-2014 08:10 AM

Re: Former USC football player arrested for alleged sucker punch on King Street

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameout12 (Post 4227879)
If you can read this.....so this guy was a walk-on FB for two years, gets arrested and Gamecock football gets associated with this. What does being some walk-on from 7 years ago have to do with this crime?
Local TV shows the same thing.....why do they do this?

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...esidents-skull

The state is just trying to be relevant.

sandstorm2001 08-17-2014 09:34 AM

Man what a dick. I hope they don't let him plead down for probation or something. Guy deserves at least a couple years in jail.

GregoryHouse 08-17-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 (Post 4227902)
Man what a dick. I hope they don't let him plead down for probation or something. Guy deserves at least a couple years in jail.

couple of years?

BeerandBacon 08-17-2014 03:50 PM

The only thing that surprises me about this is the fact there are still gamecock fans around who would be shocked by this sort of tactic. I wrote off the state long ago because of their unnecessary negativety toward our program. I was a charter member of gogamecocks but bailed after Morris's articles got out of hand. That slap on the wrist they gave Morris later did nothing to change my mind.

JaxcockFL 08-17-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerandBacon (Post 4228080)
The only thing that surprises me about this is the fact there are still gamecock fans around who would be shocked by this sort of tactic. I wrote off the state long ago because of their unnecessary negativety toward our program. I was a charter member of gogamecocks but bailed after Morris's articles got out of hand. That slap on the wrist they gave Morris later did nothing to change my mind.

True, but the time frame of the agenda / Vendetta has been decades. Herman Helms is a name older Gamecocks could educate about. Not sure why anyone would think that an agenda that spans multiple decades would change.