CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Potkins Hurt - Slightly (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=208962)

b381l 08-16-2014 10:12 PM

Potkins Hurt - Slightly

Barely touched......he was holding his side like he got hit as he walked off the field. I still ain't seen him catch anything yet. Hey fool, this ain't that flag football you be used to.

robgusc76 08-16-2014 10:18 PM

Re: Potkins Hurt - Slightly

Not gonna lie, it doesn't take much to catch a hip pointer or something, and those hurt like crazy.

Braveguy06 08-17-2014 07:58 PM

His days in orange are done. I like the guy. He is a great athlete.

Coulwoodwarlord 08-17-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braveguy06 (Post 4228239)
His days in orange are done. I like the guy. He is a great athlete.

Phttt...........................

gadeneer1986 08-17-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4227680)
Barely touched......he was holding his side like he got hit as he walked off the field. I still ain't seen him catch anything yet. Hey fool, this ain't that flag football you be used to.

Dude is legit. Stop being a hater

Regalcock 08-17-2014 08:13 PM

I am not going to give him a hard time about the injury as it looked weird (catching a knee from leaping defender whom was trying not to collide with his own man).

But i do think the legend of Sammy has been overblown and he has a long ways to go to be the player every tagger thinks he already is, however, he does appear to have the skill set to get their eventually. Time will tell.

Storm Of Spurs 08-17-2014 08:26 PM

Once a tater always a tater. Don't wish injury on anyone but eff him.

spareparts 08-17-2014 08:35 PM

HATERS!!!!

scfanz 08-17-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadeneer1986 (Post 4228246)
Dude is legit. Stop being a hater

The dude is soft and always has been.

scfanz 08-17-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4228257)
HATERS!!!!

Hey Spare, how was Korea?

gadeneer1986 08-18-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scfanz (Post 4228297)
The dude is soft and always has been.

Pretty sure Lattimore may be the softest CFB player to come out of the state of South Carolina.

uscGRAD04 08-18-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadeneer1986 (Post 4228739)
Pretty sure Lattimore may be the softest CFB player to come out of the state of South Carolina.

Lol. This is gonna be good.

A. Pilgrim 08-18-2014 01:27 PM

I hate Clemson as much as the next Gamecock, but this inability by many in our fanbase to be objective when it comes to football is pathetic, and only makes the fanbase as a whole look bad.

Yes, yes- every fanbase has their bad apples, but I don't care about Clemson's bad apples- I care about OURS. I hold Gamecock Nation to a higher standard. Whether that's a fool's errand or not, I don't care. I do so because I love my alma mater.

That all being said- Sammy Watkins is an extremely talented football player. I think he will do well in the NFL. Calling him 'Potkins' is kind of dumb, given the number of players who smoke pot (even...*gasp*...Gamecocks!) and the fact that drug testing for drugs that are NOT performance enhancing is a pretty stupid policy that does nothing but exert control over individuals (pretty sure there's already laws on the books against MJ, why do schools need an additional policy?).

Is Watkins 'soft?' I haven't seen anything to indicate he is. But, then again- I've got a problem with any arm-chair quarterback who throws around terms like "injury prone" as if they are some sort of medical professional who has had access to the players' medical records which might, if at all, indicate if the player is TRULY 'injury prone' or if the armchair QB is simply pulling stuff out of their ass based on anecdotal evidence.

What's really funny is that- those people who use terms like "injury prone" or "soft" have never played competitive contact-sports like players do in CFB or the NFL. Having these middle-aged men who would have a tough time bench-pressing their own body weight (I know, I know...the bench is NOT the end-all, be-all for strength testing) and couldn't run a 40 in under 7 seconds, talk about professional athletes as 'soft' is absolutely ludicrous.

In summation; take the garnet glasses off, and stop making the rest of Gamecock Nation look bad.

uscjeremynca 08-18-2014 02:15 PM

I will rip Clemson players in the NFL worse than anyone. I am brutally honest about my opinions. I think Spiller is the biggest joke and one of the most overrated players to ever come out of Clemson. I've stated that for years and received death threats for my comments.

With that said, Watkins is a talented WR. He will do well in the NFL.

wjmfour1 08-18-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4227680)

Thought the same thing when I saw it. He's not used to being hit. Not playing BC & Wake anymore Sammy... He struggled for catches with us every year. That bubble screen crap wont work in the NFL

gamecock88 08-18-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim (Post 4228759)
I hate Clemson as much as the next Gamecock, but this inability by many in our fanbase to be objective when it comes to football is pathetic, and only makes the fanbase as a whole look bad.

Yes, yes- every fanbase has their bad apples, but I don't care about Clemson's bad apples- I care about OURS. I hold Gamecock Nation to a higher standard. Whether that's a fool's errand or not, I don't care. I do so because I love my alma mater.

That all being said- Sammy Watkins is an extremely talented football player. I think he will do well in the NFL. Calling him 'Potkins' is kind of dumb, given the number of players who smoke pot (even...*gasp*...Gamecocks!) and the fact that drug testing for drugs that are NOT performance enhancing is a pretty stupid policy that does nothing but exert control over individuals (pretty sure there's already laws on the books against MJ, why do schools need an additional policy?).

Is Watkins 'soft?' I haven't seen anything to indicate he is. But, then again- I've got a problem with any arm-chair quarterback who throws around terms like "injury prone" as if they are some sort of medical professional who has had access to the players' medical records which might, if at all, indicate if the player is TRULY 'injury prone' or if the armchair QB is simply pulling stuff out of their ass based on anecdotal evidence.

What's really funny is that- those people who use terms like "injury prone" or "soft" have never played competitive contact-sports like players do in CFB or the NFL. Having these middle-aged men who would have a tough time bench-pressing their own body weight (I know, I know...the bench is NOT the end-all, be-all for strength testing) and couldn't run a 40 in under 7 seconds, talk about professional athletes as 'soft' is absolutely ludicrous.

In summation; take the garnet glasses off, and stop making the rest of Gamecock Nation look bad.

:clap:
Excellent post. Great points.

wjmfour1 08-18-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadeneer1986 (Post 4228739)
Pretty sure Lattimore ma
y be the softest CFB player to come out of the state of South Carolina.

Lattimores injuries were plainly visible.. Sammys "injury" appeared to be consistent with PMS... Trainers gave him a couple Midol & told him see you in a week

l^l^lBGCock 08-18-2014 03:22 PM

Like i said while he was playing at clemson he's soft. Great Ath. but soft. It will take him a while to adjust from ACC play to NFL, like spiller, but right now he is soft.

uscjeremynca 08-18-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l^l^lBGCock (Post 4228860)
Like i said while he was playing at clemson he's soft. Great Ath. but soft. It will take him a while to adjust from ACC play to NFL, like spiller, but right now he is soft.

The difference is that Spiller was NEVER a great RB. Explosive yes, but never a good every down RB. In his senior season 1 out of every 3 carries for Spiller was for 1 yard, 0 yards, or negative yards. And this was against ACC defenses.

Watkins is different. He is talented and good against great teams. He may be soft but he can play against anyone.

gadeneer1986 08-19-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscjeremynca (Post 4228947)
The difference is that Spiller was NEVER a great RB. Explosive yes, but never a good every down RB. In his senior season 1 out of every 3 carries for Spiller was for 1 yard, 0 yards, or negative yards. And this was against ACC defenses.

Watkins is different. He is talented and good against great teams. He may be soft but he can play against anyone.

How many GOOD every-down RB's are there in the NFL anymore? like 3? Maybe 4? It's becoming an extinct subdivision of a position. The dude has a career average of 5.1 ypc and could very well end up with the most career rushing yards in the NFL by any RB from either South Carolina or Clemson