CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Is JD the most popular DE ever?????? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=208976)

BiscoCocky 08-17-2014 03:56 PM

Is JD the most popular DE ever??????

Decided to watch some clips/read blurbs about Clowney's play last night, I found out something interesting. Seems like anytime clowney makes a big play the o lineman forgot to block/ he left him unblocked by design, which makes me wonder how awesome of a guy JD must be if olineman and offensive coordinators are calling plays to just to give him sacks and tfls. I honestly can't think of a guy who has been gifted more sacks in his life, I always knew/thought JD was a likable dude, but this is some next level stuff.

Good article about his skills-http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/08-17-14-jadeveon-clowney-crushes-the-johnny-manziel-overhype-steals-hard-knocks-stage-no-doubt-who-real-top-rookie-is/, great quote by dj, sounds like both guys are winning over the locals.

Carolina4Life 08-17-2014 04:14 PM

Re: Is JD the most popular DE ever??????

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiscoCocky (Post 4228083)
Seems like anytime clowney makes a big play the o lineman forgot to block/ he left him unblocked by design, which makes me wonder how awesome of a guy JD must be if olineman and offensive coordinators are calling plays to just to give him sacks and tfls.

Are you being sarcastic or are you serious?

BiscoCocky 08-17-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4228092)
Are you being sarcastic or are you serious?

I'm being sarcastic, clowney has literally been dominate outside of pass coverage. But for some reason he might be the most hated on Rookie in recent memory.

GarnetBlack&Blue 08-17-2014 04:19 PM

pretty sure he's being sarcastic... interesting article, but I had to copy/paste the link

Carolina4Life 08-17-2014 04:19 PM

Oh, you had me scratching my head for a minute there but I totally agree with you.

catdaddy66 08-17-2014 04:25 PM

I love seeing the hardcore haters eat their pablum! It happened wih Alshon ("he's fat and slow") as it happened wih Clowney ("he's lazy and doesn't care").

Ignorance from the ignorant.

robgusc76 08-17-2014 04:28 PM

I just watched the sack and the big hit:

First, I'm not sure I understand the logic in trying to block him with a pulling guard without trying to chip him with a tightend or at least using the tackle to slow him up. He's to fast off of the ball for that, the guard didnt stand a chance.

Second, on that sack, he just made that veteran starter look terrible.

COCKYWOOD 08-17-2014 04:30 PM

:woo::woo::woo: JD did what he did without JJ playing. They will cost defensive coaches many hours of restless sleep and headaches. :wink::wink::wink:

BiscoCocky 08-17-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4228108)
I just watched the sack and the big hit:

First, I'm not sure I understand the logic in trying to block him with a pulling guard without trying to chip him with a tightend or at least using the tackle to slow him up. He's to fast off of the ball for that, the guard didnt stand a chance.

The guard has a deer in the headlights look as Clowney flies past him, I feel bad him bc that could've been ugly for the rb and he knew it.

Flameout12 08-17-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4228108)

Yes he did...

Carolina4Life 08-17-2014 05:03 PM

Last nights game made me buy a Texans hat.

GarnetSwarm1990 08-17-2014 05:12 PM

People say that because they just see him run right by O-linemen. They don't see that the guard was slow to pull and missed him on the TFL or that he just shot of the ball and ran around the tackle using leverage on the sack.

roosterdude21 08-17-2014 06:09 PM

Good article. Thought this was funny

D.J. Swearinger notes, "The last time I won was in Madden."

Goofyboy 08-17-2014 06:31 PM

Not yet.

USCremedy 08-17-2014 07:28 PM

I laugh when people say he wasn't blocked. There's a reason most of his big plays come from when he is untouched. Hes too frigging fast off the ball for the olineman to react.

bcolinc 08-17-2014 08:46 PM

He's not as popular as I was in middle school, but he sure is getting close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregoryHouse 08-17-2014 09:12 PM

Houston's opponents may not want to attempt draws against this line

El Cid Ranger 08-17-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiscoCocky (Post 4228083)
Decided to watch some clips/read blurbs about Clowney's play last night, I found out something interesting. Seems like anytime clowney makes a big play the o lineman forgot to block/ he left him unblocked by design, which makes me wonder how awesome of a guy JD must be if olineman and offensive coordinators are calling plays to just to give him sacks and tfls. I honestly can't think of a guy who has been gifted more sacks in his life, I always knew/thought JD was a likable dude, but this is some next level stuff.

Good article about his skills-http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/08-17-14-jadeveon-clowney-crushes-the-johnny-manziel-overhype-steals-hard-knocks-stage-no-doubt-who-real-top-rookie-is/, great quote by dj, sounds like both guys are winning over the locals.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/s...top-rookie-is/

Pretty good read actually!