CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Byrd is ready to fly (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=208981)

CoverTwo 08-17-2014 07:25 PM

The Byrd is ready to fly
 


Get ready for a lot of this!

garnetmike 08-17-2014 07:31 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4228216)


Get ready for a lot of this!

Literally from your lips to God's ear.

eightohhthree 08-17-2014 07:41 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
I imagine he will be targeted on a go type deep route at least once a half. The kid has world class speed and I can see it being used frequently off play action after some MD28 touches.

uscsandstorm85 08-17-2014 07:54 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
I would like to see his speed combined with a jet sweep.

2000grad 08-17-2014 07:57 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Velocity student ministries...never heard of that.

HeadCockFan 08-17-2014 08:23 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 (Post 4228236)
I would like to see his speed combined with a jet sweep.

I like that. Pull Waldrop from his new RG spot and clear out the LB and let Pharoh seal his CB.

Acockolypse Now 08-17-2014 08:40 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Good use of the BRAHMMMMM sound


cocksmith1or11 08-17-2014 10:16 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 (Post 4228236)
I would like to see his speed combined with a jet sweep.


not knocking Damiere, but he has a hard time picking his way through blocks. Not the best field vision compared to a guy like Pharoah. We've tried the sweep with Byrd every year and he always runs straight into the first tackle. Keep him running routes, bubble screen... bubble screen.... bubble screen.... hitch and go BOMB!!!!!

two of my favorite Byrd plays:





This is his game, cant wait to see it again this season.

GregoryHouse 08-17-2014 11:16 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Contrary to popular belief, he is not just a track guy that plays football

Take-a-Knee 08-17-2014 11:19 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Byrd has improved much at receiver .. It seems to me that when he runs the end around he's running so fast that he can't get turned up field , he needs to "round the bases" a bit more ...

jellafever 08-17-2014 11:31 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Just watched the 1997 Sugar Bowl between UF and FSU. Byrd reminds me a lot of Jacquez Green.

GarnetBlack&Blue 08-17-2014 11:34 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cocksmith1or11 (Post 4228334)
not knocking Damiere, but he has a hard time picking his way through blocks. Not the best field vision compared to a guy like Pharoah. We've tried the sweep with Byrd every year and he always runs straight into the first tackle. Keep him running routes, bubble screen... bubble screen.... bubble screen.... hitch and go BOMB!!!!!

two of my favorite Byrd plays:





This is his game, cant wait to see it again this season.

Agreed, if a WR is going to be running it out of the backfield I think Cooper is our best option, get Byrd downfield, he needs space more than guys like Cooper or Ace Sanders did.


also wow I forgot how bad we wrecked Arky in that game!

cockybreeyan 08-17-2014 11:36 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
lol this video is so corny. Ready to see Byrd ball though

GregoryHouse 08-17-2014 11:38 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue (Post 4228396)
Agreed, if a WR is going to be running it out of the backfield I think Cooper is our best option, get Byrd downfield, he needs space more than guys like Cooper or Ace Sanders did.


also wow I forgot how bad we wrecked Arky in that game!


I think that was their homecoming game too

weatheredxtown 08-17-2014 11:41 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GH (Post 4228403)
I think that was their homecoming game too

It was, aaaaaand: Spurrier: "I do feel badly for Arkansas. Thatís no fun getting your butt beat at home, homecoming and all that."

BlakelyH19 08-18-2014 01:06 AM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by weatheredxtown (Post 4228406)
It was, aaaaaand: Spurrier: "I do feel badly for Arkansas. Thatís no fun getting your butt beat at home, homecoming and all that."

It's happened to us many a times. nice to be returning the favor some now

Rebel4ever 08-18-2014 10:56 AM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
We're going to see more deep post TD catches from DB this year.

CoverTwo 08-18-2014 11:31 AM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cockybreeyan (Post 4228398)
lol this video is so corny. Ready to see Byrd ball though

I would've used this video but the song, while funny, is annoying


cocky0 08-18-2014 12:07 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4228642)
I would've used this video but the song, while funny, is annoying


I was under the impression that everyone had heard.

Lonnie 08-18-2014 12:17 PM

Re: The Byrd is ready to fly
 
World. Class. Speed....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.