CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Question about renewing (not renewing) (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=208982)

jtm12180 08-17-2014 07:48 PM

Question about renewing (not renewing)

Hey guys, question for the GC veterans. I may not be able to renew this year. I thought this year we may be able to get season tickets, so I upped to the century level, and looking at my account, I am now obligated to donate atleast to that level, as the Roost level is blacked out.

I don't think I'm going to be able to afford the Century level this coming year, as we are trying to start a family and not likely to be able to do season tickets in 2015. My question is will I lose all of the points I've accumulated, or can I continue building on what I have in later years?

Thank you!

Acockolypse Now 08-17-2014 08:41 PM

Re: Question about renewing (not renewing)

You will lose them and start over.

It's not fair but that's how it works.

GarnetBlack&Blue 08-17-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now (Post 4228262)
You will lose them and start over.

It's not fair but that's how it works.

Man... I'm slow to criticize the program/ath. dept., but thats pretty sheisty...

highstick 08-17-2014 09:47 PM

You're not accumulating many points at the Century level anyway...

rrsandersjr 08-17-2014 10:00 PM

I've got friends that moved or had other conflicts and would get the tickets and sell them each year until their circumstances changed. If you can't afford a century club donation, please don't try starting a family.

donbgamecock 08-17-2014 10:02 PM

Make it a business. Find some friends that want to buy some tickets. Theres a few tickets in the pack that you can make money. Georgia for sure. Two tickets for UGA can net you almost half your season ticket cost.

YouCanNeverTell 08-18-2014 01:11 AM

If you do the 10 month payment plan on your tickets they toss your next years dues into the total. That would keep you from having to pay it all at once. It would also give a another monthly bill which may not be the best thing if you're trying to start a family. Maybe try selling all your unused condoms. You won't be needing them for a while.

LegalCock 08-18-2014 07:47 AM

You can drop back down to roost, just call the GCC. I liked the GCC old website we had with hyman better.

bryarx 08-18-2014 08:20 AM

I'm on the 10 month payment plan, but I think it's too late to do that for this year. If you're just roost/century level and haven't bought season tickets before, I wouldn't be worried about losing points.

As someone mentioned, the 10 month plan includes your next year GCC membership. Being century level plus a pair of season tickets is like $120/month (for me).

Emery 08-18-2014 10:00 AM

My understanding is that the points are not that important anymore. If you can afford it, go up donation levels later and it won't matter.

eggroll 08-18-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emery (Post 4228574)
My understanding is that the points are not that important anymore. If you can afford it, go up donation levels later and it won't matter.

Points determine when you pick and the resulting quality of seats right? Also, points do determine when you get championship, playoff, and/or tournament tickets.

LegalCock 08-18-2014 10:42 AM

points determine priority within giving level, nothing has changed in that respect as far as I know.

Carolina Pride 08-18-2014 02:29 PM

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you won't lose any points just by dropping down a giving level, as long as you are still paying dues of some kind

jesse james 08-18-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegalCock (Post 4228604)
points determine priority within giving level, nothing has changed in that respect as far as I know.

Yes, under the current process, points determine priority within giving level for buying season tickets - so, to clarify, nothing has changed in that respect this year. But the current process is the result of a change implemented by Hyman a few years back that still causes a good bit of confusion. Prior to that, it was strictly a points-based system without regard to your giving level that rewarded years of continous giving and accumulated contributions over the long haul.

Hyman reduced the number of points awarded for years of consecutive giving and redefined the points system to apply priority only within giving levels . . . so under the new/current system a first time Silver Spur donor who gives $3300 this year and has 33 points (1 point per $100 contribution) can jump to the front of the priority line when selecting foootball seats - ahead of all of the Full Scholarship donors who have been giving $1500 a year for 25+ years with 500+ points (ok, yes, I'm still pretty ill about that :-| ).

In fairness, the "new" system does still allow those of us who have been buying tickets for all those years to retain our seats, so it only becomes an issue if you're wanting to move/improve your seats. However, priority for post-season tickets and parking is still (supposedly) done on a strict total points basis without regard to giving level . . .

YouCanNeverTell 08-18-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesse james (Post 4229044)
Yes, under the current process, points determine priority within giving level for buying season tickets - so, to clarify, nothing has changed in that respect this year. But the current process is the result of a change implemented by Hyman a few years back that still causes a good bit of confusion. Prior to that, it was strictly a points-based system without regard to your giving level that rewarded years of continous giving and accumulated contributions over the long haul.

Hyman reduced the number of points awarded for years of consecutive giving and redefined the points system to apply priority only within giving levels . . . so under the new/current system a first time Silver Spur donor who gives $3300 this year and has 33 points (1 point per $100 contribution) can jump to the front of the priority line when selecting foootball seats - ahead of all of the Full Scholarship donors who have been giving $1500 a year for 25+ years with 500+ points (ok, yes, I'm still pretty ill about that :-| ).

In fairness, the "new" system does still allow those of us who have been buying tickets for all those years to retain our seats, so it only becomes an issue if you're wanting to move/improve your seats. However, priority for post-season tickets and parking is still (supposedly) done on a strict total points basis without regard to giving level . . .

Correct. The re structure, along with the seat fee, was designed to allow people who were new gamecock club members to have a chance to get in on season tickets (and to make more money).
While it seems unfair that grandpa has to give up some of the 8 seats he's had for twenty years, it would suck more for new member to have to pay years of dues before they would even have a chance to talk about getting tickets.

LegalCock 08-18-2014 07:01 PM

Yeah, the current system was approved in 2006.

jesse james 08-18-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell (Post 4229067)
Correct. The re structure, along with the seat fee, was designed to allow people who were new gamecock club members to have a chance to get in on season tickets (and to make more money).
While it seems unfair that grandpa has to give up some of the 8 seats he's had for twenty years, it would suck more for new member to have to pay years of dues before they would even have a chance to talk about getting tickets.

Haha, not a grandpa yet - and not picking an argument here either, but just to clarify - it's never really been about not being able to get tickets. In fact, my son joined at the "Roost" level ($55) last year and was able to get two season tickets in the lower south end zone (GC has riasd the minium contribution to have access tyo football tickets to $100). It's really just about giving the high-dollar donor access to the "better" seats - and I get that, but I think Hyman's seating license fee would have taken care of that without compromising the points system.

Anyway, water under the bridge now, I just gave the history to try to explain why there is still so much confusion about whether, how and when the points matter.

jesse james 08-18-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegalCock (Post 4229080)
Yeah, the current system was approved in 2006.

LOL . . . I guess I am getting old. I had no idea it had been that long.

ColaCock 08-18-2014 07:44 PM

Points don't really matter as much as they used to.

Now, it is all about giving level.

I could give at Century for 20 years under our current plan...and someone come in at Half Scholly as a first year would get priority over me in every way.

However...someone correct me...but I don't think you lose points by moving up/down levels. Those are just based on consecutive giving years, points per $ given, and ticket purchases.

My plan (since I live further away) has always been to give every year and buy the single game tickets that I can so I rack up points and consecutive giving. One day when life allows it, I will jump up to Full Scholly and get season tickets and use my points to boost me up within that level...then fly to Columbia from Tampa each Friday.

LegalCock 08-18-2014 07:45 PM

Yeah, well seasons go bye a whole lot faster than they used. Thankfully!