CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Carolina Tailgating (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=208987)

Agcentric 08-17-2014 11:49 PM

Carolina Tailgating

Good evening!

I hope all is well with you fine people.

Id like some recommendations for tailgating. Our group plans on getting to your public parking bright and early on Thursday and would like some direction as to the best lots. I've heard Carolina Riggings from a LSU coworker but if you guys have better advice I'm all ears.

Also, where are the best spots to buy tailgating equipment and booze/food? Since we are flying, I'll most likely leave our equipment with a USC fan that wants it.

Looking forward to seeing all of USC soon!

AB

YouCanNeverTell 08-18-2014 12:03 AM

Re: Carolina Tailgating

You can park beside me if you're planning on leave me some goodies lol.

I park at Shuman-Owens Supply Company. They have a big wood shed that you can tailgate under. It beats having to fool with a canopy. It's not too far from the stadium.

boowilliam4 08-18-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agcentric (Post 4228411)
Good evening!

I hope all is well with you fine people.

Id like some recommendations for tailgating. Our group plans on getting to your public parking bright and early on Thursday and would like some direction as to the best lots. I've heard Carolina Riggings from a LSU coworker but if you guys have better advice I'm all ears.

Also, where are the best spots to buy tailgating equipment and booze/food? Since we are flying, I'll most likely leave our equipment with a USC fan that wants it.

Looking forward to seeing all of USC soon!

AB

I believe you can buy a parking pass for one game at the fairgrounds, If not i'd go pay about $25 and park right around the stadium near bluff road (jacos is close and a good spot). Tailgating equipment-walmart in west columbia is about 10-15 minutes away. Hope ya'll have a good time and a safe trip, Columbia during football season is so much fun and you can meet alot of nice people who will party and tailgate all day with you. I live about 5 minutes from the stadium so feel free to drop any unwanted supplies off at the house:thumbsup:

eightohhthree 08-18-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell (Post 4228417)
You can park beside me if you're planning on leave me some goodies lol.

I park at Shuman-Owens Supply Company. They have a big wood shed that you can tailgate under. It beats having to fool with a canopy. It's not too far from the stadium.

Lots of Aggies will back there.

Agcentric 08-18-2014 01:09 AM

Thanks a bunch. We are getting in on Tuesday to get a couple days of Vista/Five Points before the game.

See you soon.

USC62 08-18-2014 01:16 AM

Sounds like nice people. Not short of change either.

dixiecock 08-18-2014 01:41 AM

I'll have 4 Aggies at my tailgate in the fairgrounds across from the Stadium. Bring your food and drinks and you are welcome to join us, we will be setup at 1, green section row 1. We have chairs, sofa, tents, fan, music, grill etc. Look for the Moultrie flag that says LIBERTY.

donbgamecock 08-18-2014 07:22 AM

The fairgrounds used to always open 4 hours before any game. If you are going to stay there and want to tailgate longer, you may want alternate solutions.

bryarx 08-18-2014 08:22 AM

They are typically open 6 hours before a game now.

HUGEGARNETCOCK 08-18-2014 08:57 AM

Fairgrounds open 5 hours prior to kickoff but not before 8 a.m. and the Farmers Market opens 6 hours prior to kickoff.

garnetmike 08-18-2014 09:12 AM

I'll be in the University House parking area (about 100 yards or so from the stadium). I have an extra parking space and wristbands to get up to 12 people in. However I will be coming in from out of town and won't be there myself until around 5pm (an hour before the game).

However you're welcome to use the extra parking space we have...unless you want to get in early - which is understandable. Wish I could but I'm getting my 14 year old out of school early and leaving work early as well to make the trip from the mountains to the game.

(Priorities you know...)

BlueHerons 08-18-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixiecock (Post 4228473)
I'll have 4 Aggies at my tailgate in the fairgrounds across from the Stadium. Bring your food and drinks and you are welcome to join us, we will be setup at 1, green section row 1. We have chairs, sofa, tents, fan, music, grill etc. Look for the Moultrie flag that says LIBERTY.

Sofa? How do you tailgate with a sofa? That's some serious tailgating.

Agcentric 08-18-2014 12:36 PM

Thanks for all the heads up and offers. I will look through and see what fits us best. There will be 30-40 of us (and a rowdy crowd at that) so I need to weigh the areas and opening times to see what makes the most sense from a logistics standpoint.

You guys have been great.

garnetmike 08-18-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agcentric (Post 4228693)
Thanks for all the heads up and offers. I will look through and see what fits us best. There will be 30-40 of us (and a rowdy crowd at that) so I need to weigh the areas and opening times to see what makes the most sense from a logistics standpoint.

You guys have been great.

Gotta LOVE college football. That SOUNDS like a fun trip. Safe travels and wishes for good times during your stay in Columbia. I DO hope that the trip back to College Station or Texas in general is also a safe (ALBEIT VERY LONG ONE) trip after the loss to our beloved Gamecocks.

splinters 08-18-2014 03:18 PM

I am coming in from Houston ( class of '96 ) with 2 Aggies. We are staying at marriott downtown.

Should we take a shuttle to Williams Brice or drive? IF shuttle where do we get on? Probably headed to stadium right after lunch...If we drive where can we park?

Should we go to Farmers market or Fairgrounds for tailgaiting ?

thanks, Matt

tsb44 08-18-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boowilliam4 (Post 4228420)
I believe you can buy a parking pass for one game at the fairgrounds, If not i'd go pay about $25 and park right around the stadium near bluff road (jacos is close and a good spot). Tailgating equipment-walmart in west columbia is about 10-15 minutes away. Hope ya'll have a good time and a safe trip, Columbia during football season is so much fun and you can meet alot of nice people who will party and tailgate all day with you. I live about 5 minutes from the stadium so feel free to drop any unwanted supplies off at the house:thumbsup:

You're too young

TakeEM 08-18-2014 03:42 PM

Get your booz from Greens. They have the best selection and prices for beer and liquor.

Lunch: Grouchos, Andy's Deli, CocknBull, Publik House, Rock a ways
Bars: Flying Saucer, World of Beer
Dinner: Liberty Tap Room, Hunter Gather

dixiecock 08-18-2014 08:44 PM

get there early and you can buy a parking pass for the fairgrounds parking

dixiecock 08-18-2014 08:45 PM

hook it up to my honda generator, 3 minutes later fully inflated cup holders and all. Put the fan on under the shade of the tent and who cares if it's August!