CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Connor Shaw Browns (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=208994)

rolinb1 08-18-2014 10:41 AM

Connor Shaw Browns

Didn't see it if posted..
Unfortunately, Shaw never became a mid-round pick; in fact he went undrafted. Despite outperforming his now teammate in many of the drills at the NFL Scouting Combine, and putting up statistics similar to Manziel the past two years, NFL teams did not deem him to be worthy of a draft pick. With that said, the Cleveland Browns are certainly excited to have him on their roster. - See more at: http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-pla....1ypIOrdX.dpuf

http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-pla...k-connor-shaw/

Texas_Aggies 08-18-2014 10:44 AM

Re: Connor Shaw Browns

He'll get traded before he ever takes a snap for the Browns, IMO. Too much talent in Manziel ahead of him on the roster, and Hoyer probably has him beat as well.

ScottK 08-18-2014 10:47 AM

I don't think anyone proofreads anymore but still cool to see an article about Shaw.

rolinb1 08-18-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottK (Post 4228610)
I don't think anyone proofreads anymore but still cool to see an article about Shaw.

This is very true... I am guilty of that myself.
:thumbsup:

18IsTheMan 08-18-2014 11:15 AM

I don't think every single NFL scout and GM missed the boat on Shaw. Yes, we all love him for the great things he did here but the history of football is littered with outstanding college football QBs who weren't pro material. On the other hand, there are many good-to-average college QBs who did quite well in the pros.

Early results seem to show Connor is one of the very good college QBs whose skills don't translate great to the NFL game. There's no conspiracy against him. I think he was given every fair chance to showcase his skill set and for one reason or another it just didn't turn on the pro scouts.

Maybe things will eventually click for him the in the pros but if they don't it's not because he wasn't given a fair shake.

garnetmike 08-18-2014 11:57 AM

Have to agree with the last poster. Also heck I watched Tebow's Florida vs Alabama game his Sophomore year and Tebow was rifling passes into small windows and we all know his running abilities and heck HE didn't make it. Sure, part of it was teams not wanting the circus that accompanied Tebow...but there's been a circus with Manziel.

Shaw doesn't have the arm that Manziel has. It's GOOD to very good, but not great.

Shaw is a great guy and I am hopeful that he will get a CHANCE to prove himself somewhere. But remember that Kurt Warner was working in a grocery store when he got the call that a team needed his services and his arm and pocket awareness was hands down more than Shaw's.

It's crazy to think that there is THAT amount of talent out there, available to teams and for every Connor Shaw, there's a potential "Kurt Warner" who just has not had his opportunity.

Again - hopefully Shaw will get a chance. He WILL HAVE opportunities if he chooses to attempt them in Canada, arena football, etc. He MAY get on with another NFL team that is looking for someone of his skills. Heck Seattle may want a "similar clone" for their QB...but it will take a team that has that kind of need AND no decent journeyman backup for that call to come and the probabilities are very, very low at this point.

A lot of NFL teams only keep TWO QBs on their roster and Cleveland (as suck as they are as a team) probably won't keep Shaw around past tonight.

It would be AWESOME if Connor got into the game tonight - but I don't see it happening.

airborne09 08-18-2014 12:44 PM

Seattle picked up tyrrel prior.

fridayserv 08-18-2014 02:03 PM

Conner will be fine! He fit the mold of the new NFL QB. People said the same thing about him out of High School. He will make a roster. Conner is one of the best at understanding the game. Houston will pick him up.

FanofCarolina1 08-18-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Aggies (Post 4228607)
He'll get traded before he ever takes a snap for the Browns, IMO. Too much talent in Manziel ahead of him on the roster, and Hoyer probably has him beat as well.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on your post. Either everyone has you on their ignore list or they agree.
I for one would like to but I am a Shaw fan and after seeing JM scramble. It's just a matter of time before a defender blows him up. He's no Michael Vick.

nin_usc_freak92 08-18-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 (Post 4228796)
I'm surprised nobody has commented on your post. Either everyone has you on their ignore list or they agree.
I for one would like to but I am a Shaw fan and after seeing JM scramble. It's just a matter of time before a defender blows him up. He's no Michael Vick.

He's the skinny white boy version of RGIII or Cam Newton.

AtlGAMECOCK 08-18-2014 02:31 PM

I wouldn't bet against Connor , he is a competitor. He didn't first succeeded at Carolina but left the most winning qb .

behindenemylines 08-18-2014 04:33 PM

Just needs a chance...Remember Tom Brady was a 7th round pick. I am sure at the time the "experts" would have scoffed a Brady being in a GOAT discussion. You never know once you sieze the moment what might happen.

Gamecocks1137 08-18-2014 04:43 PM

Did they record the audio of this under water?

Biocockanics 08-18-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4228931)
Did they record the audio of this under water?

It's Cleveland...the Mistake by the Lake.

so yes.

CockyLifer 08-18-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK (Post 4228831)
I wouldn't bet against Connor , he is a competitor. He didn't first succeeded at Carolina but left the most winning qb .

^this

Coondog 08-18-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Aggies (Post 4228607)

Cleveland Browns list of QB's from the past 10 years. The way they go through QB's don't be surprised.

Quarterback(s)

2013 Jason Campbell (8) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
2012 Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
2011 Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2010 Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2009 Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2008 Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2007 Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2006 Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2005 Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2004 Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown

Taylorspur 08-18-2014 06:00 PM

I for one don't see that super talent Manziel has. He has quick legs and he makes rescue throws on the run. Most of his throws in college went to Evans who is not there. One LB lays a move on him when he goes scrambling and it could be bad news. Kinda to hard to get playing time when you are getting minimal time with the 3rd string. I think it would be better for him to move to another team to see if he can run a 1st string offense.

1801Green 08-18-2014 06:55 PM

Now that the Browns have signed Rex Grossman, Connor is out in Cleveland. They won't keep four QB's. We can only hope that Manziel self destructs before August 30, which is the final cut. Don't get your hopes up.

burr 08-18-2014 07:04 PM

As stated above, JohnnyCocktail will take a hit if he continues to run. Maybe DJ will get a shot. Its hard to hit small & quick real solid but sometime, somebody gonna pound him.

It seems the only real difference in these two athletes during pro day type comparisons was hand size - JohnnyCocktail has a huge hand and ConnerShaw a more normal sized or maybe small hand - and of course, this is a huge deal with a QB.

hellraiser24 08-18-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coondog (Post 4228993)
Cleveland Browns list of QB's from the past 10 years. The way they go through QB's don't be surprised.

Quarterback(s)

2013 Jason Campbell (8) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
2012 Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
2011 Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2010 Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2009 Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2008 Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2007 Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2006 Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2005 Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2004 Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown

http://02804cf22a6e7b7042d7-acae2c26...ck-jersey.jpeg