CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Jamari Smith (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209010)

JaxcockFL 08-18-2014 07:48 PM

Jamari Smith
 
Out for the year with a broken left foot per Cloninger twitter.

ConwayGamecock 08-18-2014 07:49 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Crap another hit to our CB depth. The youngsters really need to step it up....

BiscoCocky 08-18-2014 08:00 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Was wondering if they'll switch him back to rb, the fact he could not move up the depth chart-which was the whole reason for the switch, makes me think he's better suited for rb. I know we signed 2 for this class, but considering we didn't take a back last class I feel like he has a better chance seeing the field as a rb.

cockybreeyan 08-18-2014 08:02 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
welp. that's terrible news. we are gonna be hurting sorely at DB

PageUSC 08-18-2014 08:03 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Just saw this. Horrible news for our depth at CB.

Wow 2 devastating injuries already and we haven't even played a game

Carolina4Life 08-18-2014 08:16 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Yea, this is horrible news and the new d scheme also to deal with? Football Gods help us.

catdaddy66 08-18-2014 08:19 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxcockFL (Post 4229123)
Out for the year with a broken left foot per Cloninger twitter.

Breaking news (literally) of the most depressing kind... :confused: :thumbs:

uscandy 08-18-2014 08:50 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Yep, bad news, but there's no whining in football. You gotta go with who you've got! You don't see Bama, LSU, or Florida fans whine about injuries. They persevere regardless. You won't see me or I hope any of you using that as an excuse. It's football people.

garnet_black215 08-18-2014 09:06 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Up until last weekend we had been fortunate on the injury front, now we've had two in three days.

garnetmike 08-18-2014 09:50 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Not sure how this affects us other than depth because isn't smith the sophomore who had not played well enough to earn starter status through the start of fall practice? Not sure since then...but...

Obviously no injury is without consequence, but in the big picture it isn't a loss equal to say losing mike Davis or Cooper, etc.

He may reach that status later in his career...but isn't that fair to say?

Regalcock 08-18-2014 09:55 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uscandy (Post 4229173)
Yep, bad news, but there's no whining in football. You gotta go with who you've got! You don't see Bama, LSU, or Florida fans whine about injuries. They persevere regardless. You won't see me or I hope any of you using that as an excuse. It's football people.

There was plenty of whining from gator and Uga fans last year due to injuries.

So I really hope Green and Lammons come along quickly.

Gamecocks1137 08-18-2014 10:14 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
We don't rebuild we reload. I have full confidence in the young corners. I have confidence in the coaching staff, we will be ok. Hope Smith has a speedy recovery and comes back better than ever.

Carolina4Life 08-18-2014 10:18 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4229239)
We don't rebuild we reload. I have full confidence in the young corners. I have confidence in the coaching staff, we will be ok. Hope Smith has a speedy recovery and comes back better than ever.


We are really young back there, we have reasons to be concerned.

Gamecocks1137 08-18-2014 10:27 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4229248)
We are really young back there, we have reasons to be concerned.

From what I have read of Harris Jr. and Green, they are playmakers, and have some swag. Also, Harris Jr. has had nothing but praise from the coaches.

YouCanNeverTell 08-18-2014 10:32 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
I hate it happened but I don't think it is going to effect what we do on defense much.

Cockypantherfan 08-18-2014 10:49 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PageUSC (Post 4229133)
Just saw this. Horrible news for our depth at CB.

Wow 2 devastating injuries already and we haven't even played a game

Who else aside from Jamari?

NM, it is Mike Matulis you are talking about.

garnet_black215 08-18-2014 11:07 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell (Post 4229260)
I hate it happened but I don't think it is going to effect what we do on defense much.

It effects depth. He was running with the second team.

cockybreeyan 08-18-2014 11:07 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uscandy (Post 4229173)
Yep, bad news, but there's no whining in football. You gotta go with who you've got! You don't see Bama, LSU, or Florida fans whine about injuries. They persevere regardless. You won't see me or I hope any of you using that as an excuse. It's football people.

lol okay

b381l 08-18-2014 11:11 PM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BiscoCocky (Post 4229131)
Was wondering if they'll switch him back to rb, the fact he could not move up the depth chart-which was the whole reason for the switch, makes me think he's better suited for rb. I know we signed 2 for this class, but considering we didn't take a back last class I feel like he has a better chance seeing the field as a rb.

he was running with the 2's a bunch the last couple of weeks....he's got talent, just lacked experience and reps at CB....

CockyLifer 08-19-2014 06:05 AM

Re: Jamari Smith
 
I think that this will hurt depth but we have the talent back there that can make this injury not so bad for us.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.