CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   How are we feeling about Mizzou this year? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209052)

topcock77 08-19-2014 11:19 PM

How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Found this article, 5 reasons Mizzou will win the east. http://greatamericansportsnetwork.co...u-will-repeat/. I know we have beaten them the last two years (were insanely lucky to do so last year) but I do like their QB Mauk and think they have a shot to say with us and probably UGA in the division race. They likely won't beat us at home which should give us the edge fortunately.

Gamecock in TX 08-19-2014 11:24 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by topcock77 (Post 4230444)
Found this article, 5 reasons Mizzou will win the east. http://greatamericansportsnetwork.co...u-will-repeat/. I know we have beaten them the last two years (were insanely lucky to do so last year) but I do like their QB Mauk and think they have a shot to say with us and probably UGA in the division race. They likely won't beat us at home which should give us the edge fortunately.

I think they will be competitive, but there is just too much to replace. They lose their QB (but do have Mauk who got some xperince last year), best RB, 3 best WRs, 2 OL, both DEs, 2 LBs and 3 from the secondary. They will have quite a bit less experience on the field than most others, I think they only return 8 total starters.

They also play at USC, FL, Tenn and aTm, so the schedule works in our favor.

Florida really seems to concern me more than Mizzou.

cockycrazy2001 08-19-2014 11:30 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
I'm honestly not too worried about mizzou this year, Maty Mauk is good but he loses to many of his prime time players. Of course they lost their starting qb in James Franklin to the NFL, lost their starting and leading rusher with Henry Josey, lost big time receivers in DGB and La'Damian Washington but don't forget about their D line losing Michael Sam. I see them going to win like 7-8 games this year but not an SEC title. They are also going to have a very rough year to play...they have to go to USC, to FLA to ATM and to Tenn.

cockycrazy2001 08-19-2014 11:31 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock in TX (Post 4230447)
I think they will be competitive, but there is just too much to replace. They lose their QB (but do have Mauk who got some xperince last year), best RB, 3 best WRs, 2 OL, both DEs, 2 LBs and 3 from the secondary. They will have quite a bit less experience on the field than most others, I think they only return 8 total starters.

They also play at USC, FL, Tenn and aTm, so the schedule works in our favor.

Florida really seems to concern me more than Mizzou.

Geez you beat me to all of this, I'm sorry that I basically posted the same message you did. Lol

Goofyboy 08-19-2014 11:38 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Not feeling a thing about them yet. I'll start feeling after our first few games.

usc1 08-19-2014 11:41 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Really not that worried about them this year. More worried about A&M, UGA, FLA, AU, CU, and maybe even UT.

Gamecock in TX 08-19-2014 11:52 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cockycrazy2001 (Post 4230455)
Geez you beat me to all of this, I'm sorry that I basically posted the same message you did. Lol

Glad we're on the same page.

I do think Mizzou can help us this year. If they could knock off UGA in MO that would be a big victory for Mizzou and a huge help for us in the East race.

One thing that Mizzou does is play all their non-cons prior to SEC league play. They then start SEC play @ USC, vs. UGA, and @ FL. They also have aTm and Tenn late in the season. With the young talent both of those teams have, I would rather play them early before the young guys get experience.

We'll know quite a bit about the East race and where we stand early on.

cockycrazy2001 08-19-2014 11:57 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock in TX (Post 4230478)
Glad we're on the same page.

I do think Mizzou can help us this year. If they could knock off UGA in MO that would be a big victory for Mizzou and a huge help for us in the East race.

One thing that Mizzou does is play all their non-cons prior to SEC league play. They then start SEC play @ USC, vs. UGA, and @ FL. We'll know quite a bit about the East race and where we all stand pretty early on.

That is true, mizzou could help us but as was said earlier the one I am worried about the most is fla, the only tough road game they have is at bama and you could say at tenn as well, as long as they have some sort of hiccup to one of them I feel good about us. Of course we don't have an easy road to atl either having to go to the swamp again and then to Jordan hare.

Gamecock in TX 08-20-2014 12:02 AM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cockycrazy2001 (Post 4230486)
That is true, mizzou could help us but as was said earlier the one I am worried about the most is fla, the only tough road game they have is at bama and you could say at tenn as well, as long as they have some sort of hiccup to one of them I feel good about us. Of course we don't have an easy road to atl either having to go to the swamp again and then to Jordan hare.

FL does also draw LSU too although it is at home. Maybe all of this will set the stage for a season-ending game at the swamp for the East. I have nightmares of that 2012 game still and am sure SOS would love another shot there with everything on the line.

cockycrazy2001 08-20-2014 12:04 AM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock in TX (Post 4230491)
FL does also draw LSU too although it is at home. Maybe all of this will set the stage for a season-ending game at the swamp for the East. I have nightmares of that 2012 game still and am sure SOS would love another shot there with everything on the line.

I do too, that is what worries me about the swamp but I also think that spurrier is fired up to get some revenge on him, it also worries me that they have a banged up team last year and kept it a close game in willy b with us. I guess only time will tell but they do scare me the most is the east race this year.

BlakelyH19 08-20-2014 12:36 AM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
I see us, uga, uf, and ut being improved this season. I don't see mizzou being able to win the east this year after who all they lost. They will be a dangerous team no doubt.

Rooster2007 08-20-2014 12:59 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 (Post 4230507)
I see us, uga, uf, and ut being improved this season. I don't see mizzou being able to win the east this year after who all they lost. They will be a dangerous team no doubt.

Off topic a little, but why is everyone so high on UGA this year? Am I missing something? New QB, decimated defense by injuries and dismissals. I just don't see it. Then again, they're picked to win the east every year..

usc1 08-20-2014 01:13 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster2007 (Post 4230871)
Off topic a little, but why is everyone so high on UGA this year? Am I missing something? New QB, decimated defense by injuries and dismissals. I just don't see it. Then again, they're picked to win the east every year..


They still have plenty of talent and experience on D and will be better without Grantham.

Coondog 08-20-2014 01:18 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Ask me the week we are playing them. Right now my focus is on aTm.

Ericvol2096 08-20-2014 01:26 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
5th in the East, IMO

MU Mike 08-20-2014 01:45 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
I think you guys are in the cat bird's seat in the East this year. We are going to experience some transition this year. Our last three quarterbacks who began their junior years as first time starters all went 8-5, and I think that's about where we'll be this year (although 9-4 isn't that unrealistic either). We lost quite a bit of talent, and we're not a team that can just reload. I think next year sets up better for us.

I think Georgia finishes second in the East, but I'm not sold on Florida yet. Loads of talent, but I have been completely unimpressed with their gameday prep and execution. Tennessee keeps getting banner recruiting classes, is this the year they take the leap? I don't know, not sure I see it yet with the losses on their line. I do like the direction they're heading though, which is going to make it really hard on a team like ours trying to find our place in the East.

Anyway, I look forward to another great football season. Good luck to you guys and since it probably won't be us, I hope you represent the East in the SEC championship.

Gamecockman12 08-20-2014 05:43 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
Based on our past history I'm worried about every SEC team on our schedule. GOtta take it game by game quite honestly.

cockybusiness2 08-20-2014 06:03 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
I am more worried about not losing a game that we should win. That is what seems to kill us every year

CockyCody 08-20-2014 07:17 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
I believe Tenn has no O-line or D-line to speak of so fear them not. Fla will be good defensively but their offense has not shown much of a pulse the past couple of years. Georgia will be pretty good and once again will be the team we need to beat. I really don't think we will have another melt down like we did against Tenn last year. If we play as we should, Aubie should be our stiffest competition.. Beat them and we will have a very special year!!

:kill::puke::wink:

Acockolypse Now 08-20-2014 07:43 PM

Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?
 
I expect Mizzou to fall back a bit this year, but only due to depth. They're hard to figure though, as I think Pinkel's the most underrated coach in the SEC. He develops talent well and gets a lot out of the 3 stars he recruits.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.