CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2013 game vs TN is on SECN right now (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209058)

Cockypantherfan 08-20-2014 08:13 AM

2013 game vs TN is on SECN right now

It is in the fourth quarter and I had to turn it off. That game was such an abysmal performance from our team. Marquez North SMOKED us twice on long catches in the fourth. Yuck, I have a bad taste in my mouth now.

bryarx 08-20-2014 08:40 AM

Re: 2013 game vs TN is on SECN right now

I haven't seen one game SC was involved in that was a win. Espn/secn hate us.

Seriously, look at the games they are showing, 2010 SC vs Kentucky. We just came off upsetting #1 Alabama and drop one to the wildcats. It wasn't a particularly good game, why show it? 2013 SC vs TN, was a very boring game the majority of the time. Why show it? Just to show SC loses?

Maybe just featuring underdog games you say?

How about SC vs Bama in 2010?
SC vs over ranked Ole Miss?
SC vs UGA 2012? The shoot out with a DE fake punt TD?

They don't want to hurt SEC pride showing their darlings lose? They have, but ok:
96 carquest bowl comes down to wire.
2002 outback bowl, show OSU lose, was closer than 01 outback.
2012 outback (the hit, final seconds win)

I guess they did show 2013 SC Missouri, but even then, that's a bad entire game to watch, really just fourth quarter plus.

Thundercocks- Ho! 08-20-2014 08:54 AM

The only good parts were JD and MD. I was laughing my ass off watching them try to block JD straight up. He just straight up abused the LT. Watching MD juke that safety out of his shoes on the TD run was a thing of beauty. From there on it was butt ugly.

Yearofthegamecock 08-20-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4230656)
It is in the fourth quarter and I had to turn it off. That game was such an abysmal performance from our team. Marquez North SMOKED us twice on long catches in the fourth. Yuck, I have a bad taste in my mouth now.

No thanks!

palmettosc 08-20-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryarx (Post 4230666)

Seriously, look at the games they are showing, 2010 SC vs Kentucky. We just came off upsetting #1 Alabama and drop one to the wildcats. It wasn't a particularly good game, why show it? 2013 SC vs TN, was a very boring game the majority of the time. Why show it? Just to show SC loses?

They don't want to hurt SEC pride showing their darlings lose? They have, but ok:

I guess they did show 2013 SC Missouri, but even then, that's a bad entire game to watch, really just fourth quarter plus.

Because we're finally a good enough team that the losses they are showing are among the opposing team's best wins recently. Just be glad they're not going further into the past.

PageUSC 08-20-2014 10:11 AM

Our annual letdown game. Horrible offensive performance

Mr.101 08-20-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryarx (Post 4230666)

Sigh.

They will show our top games including 2010 Bama and 2012 UGA but the SEC network is for all SEC teams and beating us was a top game for UT and beating us was a top game for UK.

Gamecockman12 08-20-2014 10:37 AM

I was there for it... no need for me to see it again. Still can't believe that game.

garnet_black215 08-20-2014 10:45 AM

Turned on the TV this morning and it was on. Felt like vomiting.

SECgamecock453 08-20-2014 10:48 AM

The SEC Network isn't too great so far. Personally I'm not interested in watching any old games. If I do I just go to YouTube so I can watch the parts I want to see (such as Mizzou 2013). Also, they haven't allowed it to become available on any other medium but the computer or phone if you don't have access to a TV with cable (yes I know this is mainly my problem since I'm too cheap to buy cable - first it's overpriced and second why pay for it when I can use my parent's info to watch the 2-3 channels I actually care about). With that being said, it'll be nice when the games start, just not too interested in it otherwise.

crowcutta 08-20-2014 11:32 AM

the passes to north get all the attention and obviously they were the two plays that got them in scoring position, but it was 21-17 and they had a 3rd and 11 at their own 16, we somehow not only let justin worley run for the 1st down but then get a horse collar on top of it. we get the stop there, maybe things turn out differently. that and the offensive drive prior to that im still wondering if they would have been able to stop us if we hand the ball off to carson after mike takes a breather. you can say that about a lot of things in that game though.

ScottK 08-20-2014 11:35 AM

If we don't do anything big in the next couple of years then that might be the worst loss for the program

bigduff32 08-20-2014 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My only response to this thread...

Attachment 13509

ACPhilson 08-20-2014 12:08 PM

What a horrible ending for our squad in that game. And SOS should have gone for it on that 4th down, never let the home team have the ball last.

cockybreeyan 08-20-2014 12:37 PM

never again

Ericvol2096 08-20-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACPhilson (Post 4230815)
What a horrible ending for our squad in that game. And SOS should have gone for it on that 4th down, never let the home team have the ball last.

He was supposedly going to coming out of the 1st time out. But a true freshman LB for Tennessee (Jalen Reeves Maybin) was in the game at the time and recognized what Spurrier wanted to do. He then called a defensive audible and that caused Spurrier's second time out.

Little things like that go unnoticed but supposedly we had the perfect defense set up for whatever play Steve had dialed up.

The one thing about this game I don't get is how our DLine did so well all day at getting pressure.

We were last in the SEC in sacks last year with only 18 the entire season. I am pretty sure half of those came in this game and the UK games. What happened to your Oline that game? Did they just not try?

It is too bad Worley got hurt and we blew it against Vandy later in the year because if we had made a bowl last year this game would be looked at even more positively.

Harry Tuttle 08-20-2014 01:56 PM

Tennessee always plays us tough... I hate them for getting blown out by Oregon so bad. Ball control offense versus a no huddle, spread offense Butch. You had the size but you still played Oregon's game...

treys1986 08-20-2014 02:10 PM

I try not to think about that game.

At all.

uscsandstorm85 08-20-2014 03:00 PM

That is bad tv.

GamecockUltimate 08-20-2014 03:08 PM

The 1980 game was pretty cool, although they had George on there and he was being really complimentary, and then one guy goes, nobody remembers george or what he did, it was all about herschel and his one run, and really that was a bad play by our safety.