CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Your SEC Standings Predictions (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209080)

BiggerLSUfan 08-20-2014 05:53 PM

Your SEC Standings Predictions

Sec West:
1. Bama
2. LSU
3. Auburn
4. Ole Miss
5. Miss St.
6. Texas A&M
7. Arkansas

Sec East:
1. South Carolina
2. UGA
3. Florida
4. Mizzou
5. Vandy
6. Tennessee
7. Kentucky

USC over Bama in the SEC Championship

MizzouTrav 08-20-2014 05:57 PM

Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

West

1. Auburn
2. Bama
3. Ole Miss
4. LSU
5. Tex A&M
6. Miss St
7. Ark

East

1. Georgia
2. Mizzou
3. SC
4. Tenn
5. Florida
6. Vandy
7. UK

Take-a-Knee 08-20-2014 06:07 PM

LSU
Alabama
Ole Miss
Auburn
Miss St
A&M
Arkansas

USC
Florida
Tenn
Mizzou
UGA
Vandy
UK

M.C. 08-20-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouTrav (Post 4231171)
West

1. Auburn
2. Bama
3. Ole Miss
4. LSU
5. Tex A&M
6. Miss St
7. Ark

East

1. Georgia
2. Mizzou
3. SC
4. Tenn
5. Florida
6. Vandy
7. UK

really mizzou second come on

12+4=6 08-20-2014 06:24 PM

West:
1. Bama
2. LSU
3. Auburn (tough schedule, more prep against their offense, no miracles)
4. A&M
5. Ole Miss
6. Miss St (not buying the hype)
7. Arkansas

East:
1. Carolina
2. UGA
3. Florida (Could be very good if any offense at all)
4. Mizzou
5. Tennessee
6. Vandy
7. Kentucky

USC over Bama

SuperCockMaster 08-20-2014 06:30 PM

West:
1. Bama
2. Ole Miss
3. LSU
4. Auburn
5. A&M
6. Miss St
7. Arkansas

East:
1. Carolina
2. Mizzou
3. Tennessee
4. UGA
5. Florida
6. Kentucky
7. Vandy

12+4=6 08-20-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee (Post 4231174)
LSU
Alabama
Ole Miss
Auburn
Miss St
A&M
Arkansas

USC
Florida
Tenn
Mizzou
UGA
Vandy
UK

What's your reasoning for UGA being so low? Edit: And how about you, SCM?

SuperCockMaster 08-20-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12+4=6 (Post 4231206)
What's your reasoning for UGA being so low? Edit: And how about you, SCM?

New QB with very little experience throwing to a weak WR core. Sure Gurley is nice, but you can't rely on him for everything. They are now a 3-4, but their d-line is undersized plus they have a relatively green secondary. This means the LBs will have their hands overly full making it hard for them to stop the run effectively. This will prove problematic given their schedule. They play us at home and Mizzou at home. I don't see them winning either and definitely not both. Then they have Auburn who will run all day on them. I also wouldn't be shocked if Tennessee gives them issues.

12+4=6 08-20-2014 07:04 PM

But doesn't the first half of this sound exactly like what other teams would say about us, minus the fact that Dylan is more of a proven passer with experience in the clutch?

I'd agree that if Mason flops then it'll be a long year because people will be able to key on Gurley.

I think Mizzou takes a big step back this year but I guess they will give UGA a tough game at home. Hopefully UGA loses two out of that one, UF, and Auburn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PageUSC 08-20-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster (Post 4231213)
New QB with very little experience throwing to a weak WR core. Sure Gurley is nice, but you can't rely on him for everything. They are now a 3-4, but their d-line is undersized plus they have a relatively green secondary. This means the LBs will have their hands overly full making it hard for them to stop the run effectively. This will prove problematic given their schedule. They play us at home and Mizzou at home. I don't see them winning either and definitely not both. Then they have Auburn who will run all day on them. I also wouldn't be shocked if Tennessee gives them issues.

They have 2 NFL WR's right now. Conley is as good as anyone in the SEC. If Mitchell comes back and he probably will soon, they have 3 NFL WRs.

And they don't have to rely on just Gurley. They are 5 deep at RB, all very good backs.

Take-a-Knee 08-20-2014 07:45 PM

I just think that dawg bark will worse than their bite this year ..

rosstheboss 08-20-2014 08:00 PM

East:
USC(6-2) lose to auburn, florida
Florida(5-3) lose to bama, ut, lsu
UGA(5-3) lose to usc, florida, auburn
Tenn(4-4) lose to uga, ole miss, bama, usc,
Mizzou(3-5) lose to usc, uga, florida, a&m, ut
UK(1-7) lose to florida, usc, lsu, msu, mizzou, uga, ut
Vandy(0-8) lose to everyone

West:
Bama(8-0) what a schedule...
Auburn(7-1) lose to bama
A&M(5-3) lose to usc, bama, auburn
LSU(5-3) lose to bama, auburn, a&m
Miss St(4-4) lose to bama, auburn, lsu, a&m
Ole Miss(4-4) lose to bama, auburn, a&m, msu
Arkansas(0-8)lose to everyone
*i'm sure i screwed up somewhere in there

MizzouTrav 08-20-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.C. (Post 4231193)
really mizzou second come on

You had us first in East last year or no? Ok then lol ;-)

SuperCockMaster 08-20-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PageUSC (Post 4231231)
They have 2 NFL WR's right now. Conley is as good as anyone in the SEC. If Mitchell comes back and he probably will soon, they have 3 NFL WRs.

And they don't have to rely on just Gurley. They are 5 deep at RB, all very good backs.

LOL, UGA always says they have NFL WRs and people always say they do too without any real justification. First off, let's look at their current receiving core.

Malcolm Mitchell: Tore his ACL in the first game last season. He's trying to come back from one of the most debilitating injuries for a WR. It literally hampers everything, your explosion off the line to get a good release, your ability to cut for good routes, as well as your ability to jump to catch passes. He's also likely tried to come back too soon as evidenced by the fact he hurt the SAME KNEE in no contact drills while running routes. Even if he manages to stay healthy, it's very unlikely he's the same guy this early in the recovery process. His stats are decent for his first two years, but hardly anything incredible when you consider who was throwing to him.

Chris Conley: He looks good on paper, but he lacks explosiveness. He's a big target and that's about it. He put up good stats last year, but who else were they going to throw to?

Now let's look at their draft history as far as outgoing talent. We all know AJ Green is the shit. He also went a much deserved 4 overall however, after we look past him, they put out dud after dud after dud yet people say they put out good WRs. We have put out far more WR talent than UGA as of late.

5 161 Tavarres King WR Denver Broncos

0 stats, cut by Broncos

4 107 Kris Durham WR Seattle Seahawks

Cut by Seahawks, claimed by Lions. Only caught 38 passes on 86 targets in a throw first offense.

2 50 Mohamed Massaquoi WR Cleveland Browns

Supposed to be a steal. Hasn't done squat despite all the draft love etc. 34 catches on 94 targets last year. Cut and now a free agent.

2 35 Reggie Brown WR Philadelphia Eagles

Had one good season with 800 yards and 8 TDs. Didn't do much else. Out of the NFL before 30. Again, people said this was a huge steal.

4 131 Fred Gibson WR Pittsburgh Steelers

Cut by the Steelers and never caught a regular season pass. Everyone thought he was a steal with great upside.

3 92 Hines Ward WR Pittsburgh Steelers

Was a QB coming out, so he wasn't even a WR. He definitely earns my respect.

As you can see, UGA puts out shite for WRs despite people thinking they will be something. Hence my skeptical attitude and doubt for their core. Plus the QB elevates the WR. I don't see Mason elevating that group.

Their backs are good, but can the back block for himself and throw passes to make sure the defense can't cheat up and hone in on them without paying? No.

black_magic85 08-20-2014 09:56 PM

East:
1-USC
2-Jawja
3-Florida
4-Mizzou
5-Tenn
6-Vandy
7-Kentucky

West:
1-Bama
2-Auburn
3-LSU
4-Ole Miss
5-Texas A&M
6-Miss St.
7-Arky

JulesWinnfield90 08-20-2014 09:59 PM

EAST

Georgia
USC
Florida
Missouri
Tenn
Vandy
UK

WEST

Auburn
Bama
LSU
A&M
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Miss St

sanford 08-20-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster (Post 4231213)

pure gold.

JulesWinnfield90 08-20-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanford (Post 4231388)
pure gold.

where do you think your team is going with no Erin Murray? Although I agree that guy that said Tenn would give you issues was out of his tree

U-Dub Gamecock 08-20-2014 10:25 PM

East:
South Carolina
Florida
Georgia
Missouri
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Kentucky

West:
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Ole Miss
Miss State
Texas A&M
Arkansas

sanford 08-20-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield90 (Post 4231398)
where do you think your team is going with no Erin Murray? Although I agree that guy that said Tenn would give you issues was out of his tree

I think unless we have another year where the entire offense gets hurt that we are going to contend for the east and maybe the conference. I don't think that's being out of line being that most all the talking heads are mixed on the predictions for the east between SC and UGA.

I don't think Mason is going to be the dud that opposing fan bases are saying(hoping) he will be. the kid has talent, as indicated by crushing every high school passing record in the state of GA. he had 2 starts last year at seasons end and threw for 300 yards or better in both despite not having his best receivers and playing in the rain vs Nebraska.

I think he will be just fine. he has a very nice supporting cast around him.