CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   First "Carolina Calls" Steve Spurrier Call-In Show Thursday Aug 21 (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209091)

wildwes 08-21-2014 12:29 AM

First "Carolina Calls" Steve Spurrier Call-In Show Thursday Aug 21

If anyone gets on Spurrier's radio call-in show, please ask him about the Clash of the Crescent idea. I would love to hear Spurrier's comments about this. If Spurrier supports this, I believe this idea will become a reality.

One way to tell that kickoff for football season is near?

"Carolina Calls" with Steve Spurrier returns with its first edition this Thursday, August 18th, from 7:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at Wild Wing Cafe in the Vista.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/blog/...-thursday.html

Gamecocks1137 08-21-2014 02:19 AM

Re: First "Carolina Calls" Steve Spurrier Call-In Show Thursday Aug 21

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwes (Post 4231580)
If anyone gets on Spurrier's radio call-in show, please ask him about the Clash of the Crescent idea. I would love to hear Spurrier's comments about this. If Spurrier supports this, I believe this idea will become a reality.

"Carolina Calls" with Steve Spurrier returns with its first edition this Thursday, August 18th, from 7:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at Wild Wing Cafe in the Vista.

Wonder why he stopped going to the other WWC's in the Sandhills etc.

StretfordEnd 08-21-2014 08:14 AM

I cannot WAIT to hear how Coach Spurrier is doing!

kabercr2 08-21-2014 09:30 AM

Im positive he and todd are doing well.

usc1 08-21-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwes (Post 4231580)

And I guarantee he will say something along the lines of "I'll let the fans and media come up with a fancy name, we're getting ready for A&M"

gamecock88 08-21-2014 09:54 AM

We should use the tight ends more

uscsandstorm85 08-21-2014 01:32 PM

I want to know what happened with Mike Davis.

05USCGrad 08-21-2014 02:00 PM

I can't stand to listen to it. can someone take notes on the 30-60 seconds of actual football related content?

jrussjr 08-21-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05USCGrad (Post 4232001)
I can't stand to listen to it. can someone take notes on the 30-60 seconds of actual football related content?

I say let the cast from 107.5's "Early Game" morning show host "Carolina Calls", as long as you tell them they get "advertising $" for every plug of "actual football related content", that would be a great show!! :rotfl:

Biocockanics 08-21-2014 02:07 PM

do they ever autograph things or no?

kick_ball 08-21-2014 02:08 PM

HEY TODD, HOW ARE YOU DOING COACH? LISTEN I THINK WE SHOULD RUN A TRIPLE HALF-BACK FAKE REVERSE WITH STATUE OF LIBERTY PASS TO CLOWNEY! WHATCHA THINK? IMMA HANG UP AND LISTEN!

garnetmike 08-21-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 (Post 4231963)
I want to know what happened with Mike Davis.

ditto this. Something seems to be disingenuous about a slight injury if you read Mike's tweets and others. Maybe it's NOTHING; maybe it's that he missed a class or team meeting or something. Hopefully nothing to worry about.

It COULD simply be that Mike was being a little bit "Clowney" in terms of taking a few practices easy (yellow shirt) and Spurrier was just trying to light a fire under him.

Assistant coaches said "nothing to worry about". Spurrier seemed to indicate he may not be ready to play. Love to know what's up.

garnetmike 08-21-2014 02:19 PM

Of course if Coach is asked, he'll just say, "Well, Mike's just not been able to take a lot of reps but we've got Wilds, Shon Carson and Williams. They're capable. They've made some good runs in practices. They'll be ready if Mike can't go."

palmettosc 08-21-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetmike (Post 4232033)
Of course if Coach is asked, he'll just say, "Well, Mike's just not been able to take a lot of reps but we've got Wilds, Shon Carson and Williams so on and so forth. They're capable. They've made some good runs in practices, this that and the other. They'll be ready if Mike can't go."

FTFY

Master Bedroom 08-21-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4231655)
Wonder why he stopped going to the other WWC's in the Sandhills etc.

I thought they did that one for away games...seems I heard that somewhere

Gamecocks1137 08-21-2014 03:26 PM

I'll make sure to ask how Coach and Todd is doing.

wildwes 08-21-2014 06:35 PM

Here is the number to call in to Carolina calls:877-477-7201.

If you are lucky enough to get on the show, please ask him about the Clash of the Crescent idea. I would love to hear Spurrier's comments about this. If Spurrier supports this, I believe this idea will become a reality.

SuperCockMaster 08-21-2014 06:49 PM

I want to ask him two questions.

One, when we think of coaches and coaching in general it's this abstract idea of what a coach does. What do you actually do that you think separates you from others and helps you achieve more success? Is it x's and o's or just an attitude and leadership you impose on your players?

Two, when you are looking at a recruit, you usually know how good he is from stats and game tape. What else do you look for during the visits and interactions that make you realize they can become a good football player on your team?

GamecockUltimate 08-21-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwes (Post 4232395)

If you are lucky enough to get on the show, please ask him about the Clash of the Crescent idea. I would love to hear Spurrier's comments about this. If Spurrier supports this, I believe this idea will become a reality.

Why dont you call bud.

Latti2001 08-21-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwes (Post 4232395)

What is the clash of the Crescant, and why do you like it so much????