CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   and the #1 2014 acc must see game is... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209122)

drh2003 08-21-2014 04:08 PM

and the #1 2014 acc must see game is...

http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...see-games-2014

The ACC's Top 15 Must-See Games of 2014

"1. South Carolina at Clemson (Nov. 29)
As far as deeply entrenched rivalries and overall importance of the game to the national landscape go, it's hard to argue the Palmetto State season finale won't be one the biggest non-conference games of the year. Carolina and Steve Spurrier are eyeing an SEC East title and possible playoff berth, so a loss to the Tigers for the first time since 2008 would be crippling to those hopes."

So is athlon thinking that the best acc game will be that the Gamecocks live up to expectations so that klempsun has a chance to be the spoiler?

thekob 08-21-2014 04:20 PM

Re: and the #1 2014 acc must see game is...

Quote:

Originally Posted by drh2003 (Post 4232221)
http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...see-games-2014

The ACC's Top 15 Must-See Games of 2014

"1. South Carolina at Clemson (Nov. 29)
As far as deeply entrenched rivalries and overall importance of the game to the national landscape go, it's hard to argue the Palmetto State season finale won't be one the biggest non-conference games of the year. Carolina and Steve Spurrier are eyeing an SEC East title and possible playoff berth, so a loss to the Tigers for the first time since 2008 would be crippling to those hopes."

So is athlon thinking that the best acc game will be that the Gamecocks live up to expectations so that klempsun has a chance to be the spoiler?

I hope we don't lose to clem5on and cripple our SEC East hopes.

l^l^lBGCock 08-21-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekob (Post 4232239)
I hope we don't lose to clem5on and cripple our SEC East hopes.

I laughed then was like wtf.

Emery 08-21-2014 04:33 PM

I just like the fact that the top 3 ACC games all involve the SEC.

kingoftheroost 08-21-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emery (Post 4232273)
I just like the fact that the top 3 ACC games all involve the SEC.

What's really amusing is how only one of the top 7 is made up of ACC teams from last year or before. There seem to be a lot of "must-see" games that include Louisville and ND (which isn't even a member in football).

Spurrier 'Em 08-21-2014 06:55 PM

Come on, give the guy a break. He has to find 15 ACC games that are watchable...you go through the schedule and see if you can come up with double digits in that category.

WeStillOwnUSC 08-21-2014 07:48 PM

FSU vs. a team that went 4-8 last year with a loss to an FCS school the 3rd must see ACC game?

Lol, ok.

kingoftheroost 08-21-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeStillOwnUSC (Post 4232430)
FSU vs. a team that went 4-8 last year with a loss to an FCS school the 3rd must see ACC game?

Lol, ok.

Doesn't that tell you something?

WeStillOwnUSC 08-21-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4232452)
Doesn't that tell you something?

Yea it tells me the writer of this article is an idiot.

Rebel4ever 08-21-2014 10:37 PM

To be honest and bash me but if you want but if we go undefeated until the Clemson game and they beat us and we go to Atlanta and we beat Alabama, we will be in the national title playoff and would probably be the favorite since we would have beaten Alabama more than likely or whoever it is out of the SEC West and we would have a great shot at winning the first ever playoff national title and make history, I'd wouldn't care if Clemson did beat us. We would be playing for a national title and they would not. The only way they would is if they won the ACC and we met them in a rematch but even then we would get revenge. Spurrier would not lose to Dabo twice in one season. Ask FSU how that turned out for them in the Sugar Bowl when the HBC spanked them in the rematch. My point is the scenario I just laid out has us losing to Clemson in the regular season and winning the SEC and winning the national title either with Clemson staying at home with a win over us or them going home with a win over us and a loss to us and us winning the national title while beating them in the process. I think we could all accept that, right?

GarnetSwarm1990 08-21-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeStillOwnUSC (Post 4232455)

Then you need to open your mind some more. Your bias and hatred for an entire conference blinds you to reality.

bigoleCOCK3521 08-21-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel4ever (Post 4232568)
To be honest and bash me but if you want but if we go undefeated until the Clemson game and they beat us and we go to Atlanta and we beat Alabama, we will be in the national title playoff and would probably be the favorite since we would have beaten Alabama more than likely or whoever it is out of the SEC West and we would have a great shot at winning the first ever playoff national title and make history, I'd wouldn't care if Clemson did beat us. We would be playing for a national title and they would not. The only way they would is if they won the ACC and we met them in a rematch but even then we would get revenge. Spurrier would not lose to Dabo twice in one season. Ask FSU how that turned out for them in the Sugar Bowl when the HBC spanked them in the rematch. My point is the scenario I just laid out has us losing to Clemson in the regular season and winning the SEC and winning the national title either with Clemson staying at home with a win over us or them going home with a win over us and a loss to us and us winning the national title while beating them in the process. I think we could all accept that, right?

why are you even talking like Clemson will beat us..?

75CarolinaFan 08-21-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeStillOwnUSC (Post 4232455)

It tells me an ACC Network would be a complete disaster.

kingofnerf 08-21-2014 11:41 PM

I would have substituted Duke for Louisville in at least one of those games.

Duke's record with Cutcliffe is a reality. Louisville's with Petrino is just a guess.

LegalCock 08-22-2014 08:36 AM

Wow, that's sad...

rioninusc 08-22-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel4ever (Post 4232568)

I will bash you because if USC won every SEC game when they faced Clemson. Clemson has a fluke of an upset chance to beat USC. I think as long as USC goes into the Clemson game 9-2 I think the odds of USC winning is very high. Of course Clemson is righting it's self out some, so that might not be true in the near future.

WeStillOwnUSC 08-22-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 (Post 4232598)
Then you need to open your mind some more. Your bias and hatred for an entire conference blinds you to reality.

This has nothing to do with my hatred for the SEC.

In those 15 games just about all of them and probably more are better than a game that features the favorite to win the national title vs. a team that didn't even make a bowl game last year and isn't even ranked in the preseason.

Your bias blinds you from seeing these ridiculous proclamations made every day by these SEC homers.

WeStillOwnUSC 08-22-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan (Post 4232601)
It tells me an ACC Network would be a complete disaster.

Unless you want to watch an old bald headed dork talk about how great Alabama is all day the SEC network is a disaster as well.

jesse james 08-22-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurrier 'Em (Post 4232399)
Come on, give the guy a break. He has to find 15 ACC games that are watchable...you go through the schedule and see if you can come up with double digits in that category.

:rotfl:

RudeCock 08-22-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeStillOwnUSC (Post 4233043)
Unless you want to watch an old bald headed dork talk about how great Alabama is all day the SEC network is a disaster as well.

That's smart. You go and make a decision on a sports network before they even show their first sporting event. It will do well. If the Big 10 network does alright then the SEC network will do even better. Clemson will just have to learn how to compete with a rival school that just wants it more than they do, coaches better than they do, and has way more money than they will. Those little Clemson paws are getting smaller and smaller in our rearview mirrors.