CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Ward wants us to play fast (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209153)

The Yancey 08-22-2014 12:29 PM

Ward wants us to play fast

The Yancey 08-22-2014 12:44 PM

Re: Ward wants us to play fast

Holloman maybe a grad assistant soon as well.

TrueGarnet 08-22-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4232930)

Thats the best news I've heard in weeks. He could be a HUGE help back there with fresh NFL knowledge(Does Dallas run a 3-4?) and work ethic. Even better to know that we welcome him in so quickly as a GA.....Kudos to the staff

Does anyone know if Shaq is still on as a GA?

ConwayGamecock 08-22-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueGarnet (Post 4232945)
Thats the best news I've heard in weeks. He could be a HUGE help back there with fresh NFL knowledge(Does Dallas run a 3-4?) and work ethic. Even better to know that we welcome him in so quickly as a GA.....Kudos to the staff

Does anyone know if Shaq is still on as a GA?

He is no longer a GA - Shaq is now part of the official coaching staff, as a Quality Control Coordinator, along with Scott Spurrier.....

CoverTwo 08-22-2014 01:16 PM

I have no doubt the defense will play fast as we have a bunch of athletes on that side of the ball. It's the discipline part I'm worried about.

Garnet Gamecock 08-22-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock (Post 4232950)
He is no longer a GA - Shaq is now part of the official coaching staff, as a Quality Control Coordinator, along with Scott Spurrier.....

I still remember that Ellis Johnson said he had the best football smarts of any player he had ever coached.

That says a lot.

I think he will make a very strong contribution.

Devonte certainly played his position well, too and he was doing very well with the Cowboys. I feel so sorry for him but think he could be another strong addition to the coaching staff.

etowngangsta 08-22-2014 01:33 PM

If our d played as fast as coach Ward talks they would be unstoppable.

2000grad 08-22-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock (Post 4232958)
I still remember that Ellis Johnson said he had the best football smarts of any player he had ever coached.

That says a lot.

I think he will make a very strong contribution.

Devonte certainly played his position well, too and he was doing very well with the Cowboys. I feel so sorry for him but think he could be another strong addition to the coaching staff.

You've always been one of my favorite posters

HeadCockFan 08-22-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000grad (Post 4232978)
You've always been one of my favorite posters

Whoa, slow down there. At least buy him dinner first.

CockyATO 08-22-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etowngangsta (Post 4232960)
If our d played as fast as coach Ward talks they would be unstoppable.

Haha! Whammy takes one deep breath and then let's it all out.

Acockolypse Now 08-22-2014 02:47 PM

Devonte as GA?

Yes please!

bobbycock 08-22-2014 03:32 PM

it is bittersweet to be able to get holloman back. sad about his injury but glad coach ward thinks enough of him to ask him to join the staff. winners always land on their feet somehow. :)

SuperCockMaster 08-22-2014 04:17 PM

We are so classy it's awesome. I love how he's like, "We said the system, and we stay true to our word." Then on Holloman, "If he's released he will be out here next week." We take care of our own. Recruits will see that and want to play for us because of it.

Rebel4ever 08-22-2014 04:22 PM

I want us to be fast but the last I time I remember going full blast speed was against Auburn 2011 and they used it against us and basically picked us apart with screens and QB draws, we never could stop them when we needed to. Not saying this will happen, just saying we should be a little wary of going full, full speed.

JoeMorrisonLives 08-23-2014 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel4ever (Post 4233121)
I want us to be fast but the last I time I remember going full blast speed was against Auburn 2011 and they used it against us and basically picked us apart with screens and QB draws, we never could stop them when we needed to. Not saying this will happen, just saying we should be a little wary of going full, full speed.

They also went full full speed against Ole Miss in '09 though, still can't believe they didn't tire any that game. I'm only 22 but I've seen the highlights from 1980, '84 and '87 they were moving like the fire-ant and black death years.

yazoo 08-23-2014 08:36 AM

I think he is talking about lining up fast between plays to their changing formations, and making quick adjustments to the plays as they launch. The execution is still about playing your assignment.

gocockswyn 08-23-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4232930)

Really feel that Holloman is going to be a great assistance to the coaching staff. He is a real leader and will let these players know what it takes to get to the next level. :happycoc:

cockymac 08-23-2014 11:16 AM

I think he is referring to the fact that TAMU is running a very fast no huddle type of offense, and he wants our guys to be ready for it. It hasn't been talked about much, but they run one of those systems that can be crazy up tempo when they want to.

usc1 08-23-2014 11:41 AM

He's had good things to say about Taylor Stallworth all offseason. He's gonna be a big time player for us in the future.

jfbreb94 08-23-2014 11:42 AM

Would love to see Hollman on the side line