CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I'm not buying the hype, sorry! (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209175)

Evilchicken2 08-23-2014 12:43 AM

I'm not buying the hype, sorry!

This team will be good...I'm thinking 10-win season after bowl win, but I don't see why people are saying this is the team to get us an SEC title. DT is a major drop off after Shaw, no Clowney to take the pressure off the D line, no Bruce for the clutch 3rd or 4th down catch, an injury prone RB, and developing secondary. We do have a manageable schedule, but the East looks very competitive this year. Just a few close losses and the title game is toast. The best real chance we had for a title was last season. Don't get all madbro, just educate me on what you super fans are giddy about, cuz I'm not sure I see a juggernaut here.

Order 66 08-23-2014 12:48 AM

Re: I'm not buying the hype, sorry!

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...Killington.jpg

Storm Of Spurs 08-23-2014 12:53 AM

Cool story, bro.

Latt4Gov 08-23-2014 12:59 AM

Jesus step back from the ledge.

We won without Lattimore.
We won with Clowney at maybe 50% (NFL and Foot Issue)
We won with Shaw Hurt.
We won without Alshon.
We won without Kenny and Sidney.
We won without Melvin Ingram.
We won without Eric Norwood.

See the trend?

If no one ever stepped up, no team will ever win.

We will be fine.

b381l 08-23-2014 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 (Post 4233410)
This team will be good...I'm thinking 10-win season after bowl win, but I don't see why people are saying this is the team to get us an SEC title. DT is a major drop off after Shaw, no Clowney to take the pressure off the D line, no Bruce for the clutch 3rd or 4th down catch, an injury prone RB, and developing secondary. We do have a manageable schedule, but the East looks very competitive this year. Just a few close losses and the title game is toast. The best real chance we had for a title was last season. Don't get all madbro, just educate me on what you super fans are giddy about, cuz I'm not sure I see a juggernaut here.

be happy you'll be wrong.......one of Carolina's best offenses ever.....defense will get better weekly......3-4 is going to be big for us.

BlueHerons 08-23-2014 01:05 AM

Quote:

And ALL the teams we are playing have also had losses.

We aren't the only team to lose key players, however the difference of late is that the Gamecocks now reload instead of rebuild.

We lost Stephon Gilmore and Melvin Ingram stepped up.

We lost Melvin Ingram and Devon Taylor stepped up.

We lost Devon Taylor and JD Clowney stepped up.

See the pattern here?

NotKyle 08-23-2014 01:25 AM

The season hasn't started, we're all undefeated, the best any team can do right now is a national championship and the worst is to not win a game. Right now, we have an opportunity to talk best case. It's still in reach.

Let's just enjoy the positivity while we have the chance. We can lament about a dropoff and a disappointment when and if it happens. For the first time in a long time as a Gamecock fan, I can, again, look at the guys we've got and say "You know what? They're going to be pretty good." 0-11 really wasn't so long ago. I remember what that was like. We've come a long way and right now, it would do us all a lot of good to just take a deep breath and be thankful for how far we've come. Because a national title or a no-win season may lie in wait later. But right now, and always,it's great to be a Gamecock.

PageUSC 08-23-2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

You have valid points when you look at this team objectively. Question marks at Corner and basically zero experience there and question marks in finding a pass rush.

This Offense however has a chance to take some of the pressure off of the Defense for a change if DT and MD and other key players stay healthy.

If we have some guys step up on D at DE and CB this could be a special year.

Get to Atl and we'll have a puncher's chance.

TonyVercetti 08-23-2014 01:57 AM

Idk if DT will be a dropoff from connor production wise. As long as DT plays like hes always played he shpuld throw more yards and TDs then Shaw did in a season.

But will he throw more interceptions? Almost certainly. And he probably wont be able to convert those tough 3rd downs like Shaw always somehow did.

Me and my girl used to always joke. Wed be like Shaw sucked the whole game but somehow still played good enough to do somethin crazy and end up winning. Lol

STACT 08-23-2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latt4Gov (Post 4233417)
Jesus step back from the ledge.

We won without Lattimore.
We won with Clowney at maybe 50% (NFL and Foot Issue)
We won with Shaw Hurt.
We won without Alshon.
We won without Kenny and Sidney.
We won without Melvin Ingram.
We won without Eric Norwood.

See the trend?

If no one ever stepped up, no team will ever win.

We will be fine.

True story!

uscandy 08-23-2014 02:55 AM

Old Carolina strikes again. Always expecting the worst. Most every team has issues, there isn't a perfect team out there. I swear it seems like some of you are just waiting for us to fall flat on our face, and then say I told you so. Guess what, those days are gone!

donbgamecock 08-23-2014 03:21 AM

I'm not buying the negative bullshit attitude a week before the season starts. There is only one rational reason to post such junk. Its because a fan can go back and say "I predicted it". I find that self centered at the least. But, I am also one that doesn't play the season prediction threads because my prediction is always "undefeated" and it'll stay that way until some other team proves me wrong. Its cool though bro, I'm predicting you're wrong.

CockyInTexas 08-23-2014 03:37 AM

We win the natty this year. Just so if it happens I can say I predicted it.

rrsandersjr 08-23-2014 03:59 AM

Spurrier said that we needed to change the culture...fortunately, he has been successful with his players and unfortunately, there are still fans living in the Brad Scott days, this not your fathers' gamecocks evil chicken, enjoy the new Carolina!

SuperCockMaster 08-23-2014 04:23 AM

I've taken better poops than OP's post.

Regalcock 08-23-2014 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyVercetti (Post 4233434)
Idk if DT will be a dropoff from connor production wise. As long as DT plays like hes always played he shpuld throw more yards and TDs then Shaw did in a season.

But will he throw more interceptions? Almost certainly. And he probably wont be able to convert those tough 3rd downs like Shaw always somehow did.

Me and my girl used to always joke. Wed be like Shaw sucked the whole game but somehow still played good enough to do somethin crazy and end up winning. Lol

I think we need the offense to control the games more this year. Those tough third downs that Connor would convert is the key for Dylan. He needs to able to snap off accurate passes under pressure on third down. That's why I have harped on his completion percentage being around mid 60's for our offense to be elite.

garnet&black1998rn 08-23-2014 06:50 AM

Well it is football time for sure , E chicken with the annual doom and gloom state of the program football outlook for the COCKS. Love the smell of pigskin , green grass , women in black dresses and boots and the sound of GAME COCKS and sandstorm . Ladies and Gents Football has arrived .

yazoo 08-23-2014 08:22 AM

Does Evilchicken do this every year? Post a underwhelming prediction.

I suspect he does it so he can come back later on and call people sunshine pumpers and say, "I told you so. See how smart I am."

ccured 08-23-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regalcock (Post 4233455)
I think we need the offense to control the games more this year. Those tough third downs that Connor would convert is the key for Dylan. He needs to able to snap off accurate passes under pressure on third down. That's why I have harped on his completion percentage being around mid 60's for our offense to be elite.

Yep 2nd down is going to be huge this year. We need 3rd and 4s not 3rd and 7s consitently.

12+4=6 08-23-2014 09:14 AM

This is what Clemson, Georgia, etc. have been saying about us the past three offseasons.