CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Wow! barely a comment! (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209184)

southerntramp 08-23-2014 12:30 PM

Wow! barely a comment!

Just having some coffee and I was just watching the preview on ESPN College Game day.....they go through the conference and Carolina is only mentioned in last statement...."the media picked USC to win the east but these guys think differently"

USC needs to print this stuff up and put it above the lockers and above the door

vthokies 08-23-2014 12:38 PM

Re: Wow! barely a comment!

Corso - "Florida wins the East"

Desmond , Kirk, and Chris chime in and all say Georgia.

Then follow with "sorry south carolina fans we know the media picked you guys"

TheUniversityofSC 08-23-2014 12:42 PM

That's fine.

cockybusiness2 08-23-2014 12:45 PM

Watch how many times these "talking heads" are WRONG

vthokies 08-23-2014 12:47 PM

Desmond chose UGA to win the SEC didn't say from west.

Corso Alabama vs Florida- Alabama

Kirk- Alabama vs UGA- Alabama

robgusc76 08-23-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vthokies (Post 4233581)
Desmond chose UGA to win the SEC didn't say from west.

Corso Alabama vs Florida- Alabama

Kirk- Alabama vs UGA- Alabama

Those guys go where the money is. If he could Herbie would pick Ohio State to win the SEC. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to x's and o's but those guys are far from biased when they pick teams.

vthokies 08-23-2014 12:51 PM

Yea these picks mean nothing,they like stirring up the pot. Who would've chosen Mizzou or Auburn last year...

AtlGAMECOCK 08-23-2014 12:53 PM

Let those teams get the pressure from the four letter which will get fan expectations extremely high.

Coondog 08-23-2014 01:05 PM

GREAT! They always get there preseason picks wrong. This is good carma imo.

TheUniversityofSC 08-23-2014 01:10 PM

I wouldn't even know who they picked if it wasn't for CockyTalk.

Gamecockswag 08-23-2014 01:16 PM

The SEC network is all about promoting underdogs and unpicked teams in the race. They talk about Vanderbilt all the time, and they all say Florida is going to give the entire SEC a run for their money. It's all talk to make the season sound more exciting. It'll all change once talking season ends.

Just don't pay attention to the SEC network, they won't promote us until we beat A&M and Georgia. Just wait till the 28th guys.... 5 days

sc455 08-23-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 (Post 4233579)
Watch how many times these "talking heads" are WRONG

they have it right alot..

TrueCock22 08-23-2014 01:36 PM

Were gonna have to earn our respect like we do every year. USC is never a "sexy" pick for the media.

vthokies 08-23-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecockswag (Post 4233614)
The SEC network is all about promoting underdogs and unpicked teams in the race. They talk about Vanderbilt all the time, and they all say Florida is going to give the entire SEC a run for their money. It's all talk to make the season sound more exciting. It'll all change once talking season ends.

Just don't pay attention to the SEC network, they won't promote us until we beat A&M and Georgia. Just wait till the 28th guys.... 5 days

This wasn't the SEC network it was ESPN college GameDay

cocknblue 08-23-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southerntramp (Post 4233562)
Just having some coffee and I was just watching the preview on ESPN College Game day.....they go through the conference and Carolina is only mentioned in last statement...."the media picked USC to win the east but these guys think differently"

Let me sum up my reaction in three words...

I
DON'T
CARE!

Spurrier_Superior_One 08-23-2014 01:51 PM

To quote Gamecock Great Todd Ellis: "WHO CARES, WHO CARES."

conwaycock2 08-23-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueCock22 (Post 4233625)
Were gonna have to earn our respect like we do every year. USC is never a "sexy" pick for the media.

The media picked USC to win the East. I've never understood why people get upset with anybody making a prediction. Just makes no sense, they'll either be right or wrong & it has absolutely no bearing on reality. It just sounds childlike. These guys aren't trying to stir anything, they're giving their honest opinion. Put yourself in that position, would you go on national TV & intentionally make a pick you didn't believe in? Because one of two things will happen. (1) they'll be wrong & the fans of the winning school will throw it in their face repeatedly or (2) They'll be right & the silence will be deafening.

The writers picking USC to win the East means not one iota, same as Herby picking UGA. Votes don't count, only the scoreboard.

18IsTheMan 08-23-2014 01:56 PM

No surprises here.

Those guys are going with the safe, historical picks. We've won the SEC East one time and then got blown out in the SECCG. They aren't going to look at us as legitimate until we're more competitive on that bigger stage.

jrussjr 08-23-2014 01:59 PM

First weekend in October, the theme song for the 4 letter will be Green Day's "When September Ends"....Gamecocks will be. 5-0, 4-0 SEC!!! Storyline swill be changed then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamecockswag 08-23-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vthokies (Post 4233628)
This wasn't the SEC network it was ESPN college GameDay

It's all the same. It's all promoting teams who have a small, small shot. Only a fool cares what ESPN and SEC "analysts" say.
You know I said analysts with quotes because they're told to do this. Heavily promote Clemson, Georgia, Vanderbilt. Dark, dark horses.