CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   DJ Swearinger concusses Wes Welker (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209218)

SClawman 08-24-2014 01:53 AM

DJ Swearinger concusses Wes Welker

Peyton Manning was not happy about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...024959832.html

Welker concussed by DJ

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ing-hit-helmet

Storm Of Spurs 08-24-2014 01:58 AM

Re: Peyton Manning has words with DJ Swearinger after hit on Welker

BS flag. Welker ducked and contact was made with Jungle Boi's shoulder.

What exactly was D.J. supposed to do?

The NFL is beyond ridiculous with some of these calls.

SClawman 08-24-2014 02:00 AM

Re: Peyton Manning has words with DJ Swearinger after hit on Welker

Yeah, hit looked legal.

YouCanNeverTell 08-24-2014 02:17 AM

Re: DJ Swearinger concusses Wes Welker

First Dustin Keller. Now Wes Welker. DJ is a preseason killer. I don't think either hit was neccesarily "dirty".

Regalcock 08-24-2014 02:55 AM

I went to that link and read the comments and defended DJ. What a bunch of whiners.

Fact: DJ is a bad man. Defensive coaches love him I bet as long as he doesn't get too many flags. I thought he kept his cool with Manning was smart too and don't blame Peyton really. He is just being a leader for his team.

Take-a-Knee 08-24-2014 03:19 AM

I think he broke his fricken neck

crowcutta 08-24-2014 03:21 AM

hopefully they dont fine him but i wouldnt be surprised, ive seen some hits that with no helmet contact and the defensive player still gets fined. incidental helmet contact where its not the defender's fault more often than not still leads to a fine. thats todays nfl.

CockyInSeattle 08-24-2014 03:26 AM

Peyton beat Seattle in a preseason game this year, extending his 'wins when it doesn't matter.'

USCremedy 08-24-2014 03:30 AM

DJ is quickly becoming one of the NFLs biggest villains. Dude is the biggest trash talker in the game. Would be alright if his game catches up with his mouth. I love it though.

SuperCockMaster 08-24-2014 04:39 AM

That was 100% shoulder. BS call. The ref couldn't see because he was behind DJ. If the line judge on the other side was worth a damn he would've said something.

BlakelyH19 08-24-2014 05:13 AM

If dj tried to get low and tackle him it would have been head to head. DJ's job is to tackle him. He did it the best way he could cleanly. If Welker didn't duck he would have hit him straight in the chest. Welker made the situation worse by ducking and hurt himself. If he didn't duck it would have still been a huge hit but a lot less likely concussed. What are these db's gonna have to do to not get a penalty in situations like this? Sooner or later they're gonna have to increase the pay for defensive players across the league to pay for fines because it's unavoidable. This is why I love college so much more than the NFL.

bcolinc 08-24-2014 05:26 AM

Coach for the Broncos said the bit looked clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

behindenemylines 08-24-2014 05:54 AM

He should have just let him slide to the ground and touched him with 2 hands just like 2 hand tag rules dictate.

SuperCockMaster 08-24-2014 05:55 AM

It's funny Peyton got in his face. He's the dumbass who led Welker into the hit by throwing it there.

tsb44 08-24-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster (Post 4234229)
It's funny Peyton got in his face. He's the dumbass who led Welker into the hit by throwing it there.

That's like saying spoons make you fat

roosterdude21 08-24-2014 08:01 AM

A shot to the head is always going to get called, so there's that. But Its not really DJ's fault IMO. Welker and Manning both know that going up the middle against a safety like DJ Swearinger will lead to some punishment. Was it worth a gamble like that in a preseason game? Obviously not, so dumb move by Manning/Welker/OC.

Swearinger is a pitbull managing his territory, if you challenge him he is going to make you pay. If your job as receiver is to catch and sit in order to avoid the hit, don't get mad when you're out for the season bc your QB tried to thread-the-needle between three defenders and nearly gets your head taken off. Unfortunately for DJ he'll get tagged as "dirty" just bc offensive players don't want to be tackled/hit anymore and need time to slide or run out-of-bounds in order to avoid the collision.

AtlGAMECOCK 08-24-2014 08:10 AM

saw the hit and it was clean. Football is a game of inches , DJ was already in stun mode and couldn't pull out of it by the time welkers head dropped where DJ shoulder was.

henmania 08-24-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowcutta (Post 4234201)
hopefully they dont fine him but i wouldnt be surprised, ive seen some hits that with no helmet contact and the defensive player still gets fined. incidental helmet contact where its not the defender's fault more often than not still leads to a fine. thats todays nfl.

He will get fined. The Texans coaching staff have had issues with DJ's undisciplined play.

GregoryHouse 08-24-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henmania (Post 4234255)
He will get fined. The Texans coaching staff have had issues with DJ's undisciplined play.

Tell me more.

CockyCody 08-24-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henmania (Post 4234255)

The hit was clean, DJ is a heavy hitter and everyone knows it and plays with a lot of emotion. Coming across the middle to a receiver leaves him open to these types of hits. Welker is way too small to use in that situation. DJ was not head hunting on the play, just doing what he had to do to stop Welker. This is football, right? Hard hits happen!!

:kill::puke::wink: