CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209227)

ds401 08-24-2014 12:43 PM

This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
1 Attachment(s)
Everyone

Please be consider of others when parking. I am handicapped and to block a sidewalk is rude and illegal. I told the parents that if their children respect others I expect the parents to. Actually it is rude to anyone who is walking down the sidewalk. Their is also a fire hydrate. The parent made the mistake of saying I didn't matter. This happened on Gibbes Court near Capstone.

I don't think drivers of parked cars would like it if I blocked the rear of their car 'for a minute' so they couldn't back out of the driveway.

catdaddy66 08-24-2014 01:09 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
He's handicapped. That is clear as day.

The Yancey 08-24-2014 01:10 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Take a pic showing their tag. Report them.

COCKYWOOD 08-24-2014 01:14 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Looks like he left enough room for everyone to be happy!

YouCanNeverTell 08-24-2014 01:30 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
I left plenty of room for you to go around behind my truck and get onto the other sidewalk without getting off the pavement.






J/k. Not really my truck.

ds401 08-24-2014 01:35 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by catdaddy66 (Post 4234393)
He's handicapped. That is clear as day.

:rotfl: cute. old joke.

JerseyBird 08-24-2014 01:48 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Agree 1000%. Not only for the handicapped aspect, but in our condo complex the sidewalks are right along the road so when I walk my 2 dogs we have to go into the street to get around the 4-5 yahoos who can't see fit to pull all the way into their driveways. Fortunately it's not a busy street but occasionally cars come around the corner quickly so the potential for danger is there :mad:


And yes I've e-mailed the condo association about it but apparently it's not an important issue.

rdwylie 08-24-2014 07:53 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyBird (Post 4234424)
Agree 1000%. Not only for the handicapped aspect, but in our condo complex the sidewalks are right along the road so when I walk my 2 dogs we have to go into the street to get around the 4-5 yahoos who can't see fit to pull all the way into their driveways. Fortunately it's not a busy street but occasionally cars come around the corner quickly so the potential for danger is there :mad:


And yes I've e-mailed the condo association about it but apparently it's not an important issue.



I know this is a serious issue and agree with you JB about the potential for danger but have you ever seen "Malibu's Most Wanted?" That is all I could think of after reading this:

B-Rad: But you heard them laughing. I ain't nothing but a busta.

Shondra: They just don't understand you. None of them know how hardcore it is up in Malibu.

B-Rad-Yeah?

Shondra-Yeah! With the traffic......and the sharks. Y'all got sharks!

B-Rad - And when the public be all up on your private beach?

Shondra - Right. Right.

Set a couple of those bad boys on fire and I bet it will jump to the top of the condo association's next agenda...... that's how I roll.


:angrycoc: + :shotgunc: = :cocky:


#whitepeopleproblems #thingsthatIsaynowthatwouldcausemyteenageselftojus tshakeitsheadandwalkaway

Tolley 08-24-2014 08:02 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Not really the same, but this asshole parked dead in the middle of two parking spots at the store tonight. So, I took as many shopping carts as I could find, and put them around his car.

RGHoskins 08-24-2014 08:42 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Why did they put a sidewalk in a community that doesn't have adequate parking?

CockyLifer 08-25-2014 06:59 AM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tolley (Post 4234712)
Not really the same, but this asshole parked dead in the middle of two parking spots at the store tonight. So, I took as many shopping carts as I could find, and put them around his car.

I park far out at the end but do sometimes take 2 spots because I respect the money I spent on my truck but others don't respect what's mine I have found out the hard way. I don't think surrounding the car with carts is a good idea if someone respects their ride enough to take 2 spots they will likely be pretty angry if they see you putting carts around it.

CockyLifer 08-25-2014 07:03 AM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
It's possible the owner of the red truck had no clue he was in the sidewalk looks to me he was just focused on not being to close to the car in front of him. Anyone who has ever parked a truck or car on a hill knows it jumps a little forward initially when you are about to reverse. On that hill much closer to the other car and he hits it on his way out.

ShutTheSuccop 08-25-2014 07:52 AM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4235084)
It's possible the owner of the red truck had no clue he was in the sidewalk looks to me he was just focused on not being to close to the car in front of him. Anyone who has ever parked a truck or car on a hill knows it jumps a little forward initially when you are about to reverse. On that hill much closer to the other car and he hits it on his way out.

Lol...so he gets a pass he did not realize he did not have enough room to park his truck? Maybe he should have parked somewhere else

The Yancey 08-25-2014 08:30 AM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4235082)
I park far out at the end but do sometimes take 2 spots because I respect the money I spent on my truck but others don't respect what's mine I have found out the hard way. I don't think surrounding the car with carts is a good idea if someone respects their ride enough to take 2 spots they will likely be pretty angry if they see you putting carts around it.

Down here I've seen people take out their keys and go all Garcia on vehicles that did that.

JerseyBird 08-25-2014 08:48 AM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rdwylie (Post 4234694)
I know this is a serious issue and agree with you JB about the potential for danger but have you ever seen "Malibu's Most Wanted?" That is all I could think of after reading this:

B-Rad: But you heard them laughing. I ain't nothing but a busta.

Shondra: They just don't understand you. None of them know how hardcore it is up in Malibu.

B-Rad-Yeah?

Shondra-Yeah! With the traffic......and the sharks. Y'all got sharks!

B-Rad - And when the public be all up on your private beach?

Shondra - Right. Right.

Set a couple of those bad boys on fire and I bet it will jump to the top of the condo association's next agenda...... that's how I roll.


:angrycoc: + :shotgunc: = :cocky:


#whitepeopleproblems #thingsthatIsaynowthatwouldcausemyteenageselftojus tshakeitsheadandwalkaway

May come to that :kill:

palmettosc 08-25-2014 10:00 AM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4235117)
Down here I've seen people take out their keys and go all Garcia on vehicles that did that.

Seen it happen up here too. If you're that worried about it, you need to either hug up on a curb on your passenger side to avoid door dings, drive another car, or get over yourself.

Sir Cuss 08-25-2014 10:27 AM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
So...respect your vehicle, and you get two parking places? Lol, right.

FlorenceCock 08-25-2014 12:03 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4235082)
I park far out at the end but do sometimes take 2 spots because I respect the money I spent on my truck but others don't respect what's mine I have found out the hard way. I don't think surrounding the car with carts is a good idea if someone respects their ride enough to take 2 spots they will likely be pretty angry if they see you putting carts around it.

Please tell me this post is a joke?

Lonnie 08-25-2014 12:19 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
My drive way is shorter than my truck. City Code here states the max setback from the inside edge of the sidewalk to the house must be '15 feet. My F-150 is 17.75' long. Not much I can do about that. IMHO, the setback needs to be longer, but as we all know the city caves to developers when writing the ordinances....

A. Pilgrim 08-25-2014 12:21 PM

Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk
 
maybe the driver of the truck is handicapped or pregnant...?

what then?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.