CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sam Bradford out for the year (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209242)

JaxcockFL 08-24-2014 04:56 PM

Sam Bradford out for the year

Torn ACL.

Rams had the number 2 pick and went with a OT. Now they is in trouble.

AtlGAMECOCK 08-24-2014 05:00 PM

Re: Sam Bradford out for the year

Poor Bradford , he can't seem to make it a whole season.

myrtsmom 08-24-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxcockFL (Post 4234572)
Torn ACL.

Rams had the number 2 pick and went with a OT. Now they is in trouble.

Feel sorry for the guy.

What's their back-up QB situation? I'm not too familiar with their team, but was wondering if it might offer a place for Shaw as I thought that the Rams were one of the teams that looked at him before the draft.

WayzUp 08-24-2014 05:01 PM

Sucks for Bradford, he just doesn't have the luck.

I don't think there was a QB worth taking with the #2 anyway...a journeyman vet like Shaun Hill can manage a playbook & they have SEC vets Zac Stacy & Tre Mason to lean on in the running game. They'll likely try to pick a franchise QB again next year & the OT they took will be there to protect whoever it is.

ccured 08-24-2014 05:01 PM

damn that is a shame. they said last night no ACL damage and now they were wrong after the mri

Ahmad 08-24-2014 05:04 PM

Poor Sam. He's just seemed brittle after his Heisman trophy season.

BlakelyH19 08-24-2014 05:07 PM

Maybe Shaw can get traded to the Rams

JaxcockFL 08-24-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrtsmom (Post 4234577)
Feel sorry for the guy.

What's their back-up QB situation? I'm not too familiar with their team, but was wondering if it might offer a place for Shaw as I thought that the Rams were one of the teams that looked at him before the draft.

They got Sean Hill from the Lions for this reason. Hill is capable, but this is a team that is rebuilding. Hill is one of the better backups, so I doubt they try to make a big splash, but they might need a backup to back up the starting backup.

spareparts 08-24-2014 05:14 PM

The Heisman Curse

b381l 08-24-2014 05:18 PM

With Bradford out, there's some discussion with them going after Ryan Mallett or Kirk Cousins.

ColaCock 08-24-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4234590)
With Bradford out, there's some discussion with them going after Ryan Mallett or Kirk Cousins.

Don't understand how this guy isn't starting on some NFL roster with all of the terrible teams paired with terrible QBs.

Biocockanics 08-24-2014 05:58 PM

Shaw's agent should be making some calls...PLUS this means I'm going after St Louis RB in my fantasy league, lol

myrtsmom 08-24-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4234614)
Shaw's agent should be making some calls...PLUS this means I'm going after St Louis RB in my fantasy league, lol

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith in his agent - he shoulders the responsibility for Shaw ending-up in that nut circus that is the Cleveland Browns. I was really concerned when Shaw signed with him, but would welcome the opportunity to change my opinion of him by seeing him get Connor in a better situation than he is in right now.

I'm watching the San Francisco/San Diego game and they're talking right now about needing a back-up for Kaepernick. If I remember correctly, I think that the 49ers were one of the teams interested in Shaw leading up to the draft.

Cockypantherfan 08-24-2014 06:36 PM

Too bad for Bradford. He just can't catch a break.

b381l 08-24-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrtsmom (Post 4234617)
Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith in his agent - he shoulders the responsibility for Shaw ending-up in that nut circus that is the Cleveland Browns. I was really concerned when Shaw signed with him, but would welcome the opportunity to change my opinion of him by seeing him get Connor in a better situation than he is in right now.

I'm watching the San Francisco/San Diego game and they're talking right now about needing a back-up for Kaepernick. If I remember correctly, I think that the 49ers were one of the teams interested in Shaw leading up to the draft.

good point.....their other 3 QB are Gabbert (terrible), a guy from Sacramento State, and San Diego....not exactly household names......and SF is turning into Gamecocks west.

Carolina4Life 08-25-2014 12:48 AM

Could be done for good from what some are saying.

Mark Sanchez is what ESPN is reporting.

gamecock88 08-25-2014 09:34 AM

Sucks for him but I don't ever see them getting Cousins. Washington would be fools for letting him get away unless they get a ton in return.

Emery 08-25-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4234991)
Could be done for good from what some are saying.

Mark Sanchez is what ESPN is reporting.

Good lord...commitment to being mediocre.

trapper82 08-25-2014 11:38 AM

Same knee he just had a surgery on. If it keeps doing that, I can't imagine that he can continue. That also said, he is due 16 million next year, so there is no way the Rams keep him.

Hate it for the guy.