CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Would you rather: Beat Clemson or Win SEC (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209291)

Gamecockswag 08-25-2014 06:32 PM

Would you rather: Beat Clemson or Win SEC

Would you rather beat Clemson for big number 6 and lose the SEC East miserably, or win the SEC east and the SEC championship, but lose to Clemson horribly and give Clemsux bragging rights to be the only team to beat the SEC champions.

Some people used to not care what record we got as long as we beat Clemson. Let's see who hates Clemsux the most...

Almost 3 days now!
:football::wink:

bcolinc 08-25-2014 06:51 PM

Would you rather: Beat Clemson or Win SEC

I can say this much. I'd love to win the SEC, but beating Clempson has become so fun. We beat them, we have a great offseason. We win the SEC (but lose to Clemson) we have a huge recruiting class and offseason, but have to deal with the "Clemson is the SEC champion" BS talk. I think we will beat Clemmy and take the SEC title in the same year. That way we can all sleep good at night. Besides, we all know we have been flirting with this idea for the past 3 years. The time is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cock 08-25-2014 06:52 PM

Re: Would you rather: Beat Clemson or Win SEC

Win the SEC. National Championship > Clemson Win at this point.

Rex123 08-25-2014 06:54 PM

Superadiabatic 08-25-2014 07:03 PM

Please stop asking this question. We are good enough now to both beat Clemson and win the SEC.

lakemurraycock 08-25-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock (Post 4235834)
Win the SEC. National Championship > Clemson Win at this point.

Exactly. But I don't see any SEC champion losing to Clemson.

gsgp 08-25-2014 07:27 PM

Break another one off in their tater tots. No mercy bring Heintz or French's for dipping leftovers, beat um like a finely tuned drum ,slap um like a cymbol ,cruch um like Gallagher did melons. Least THEY ain't beat us. Why we got to lose the SEC ? Once we put the 6 iron on their tater tot lay waste to the infidels we'll be off to the ATL baby.

OscarTheGrouch 08-25-2014 07:33 PM

Beat em all, let the NCAA sort em out..

gocockswyn 08-25-2014 08:05 PM

Another trick question.....answer...yes.

kick_ball 08-25-2014 08:07 PM

how many times are we gonna have this thread?

yazoo 08-25-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecockswag (Post 4235813)
Would you rather beat Clemson for big number 6 and lose the SEC East miserably, or win the SEC east and the SEC championship, but lose to Clemson horribly and give Clemsux bragging rights to be the only team to beat the SEC champions.

Some people used to not care what record we got as long as we beat Clemson. Let's see who hates Clemsux the most...

Almost 3 days now!
:football::wink:

I pick win the SEC. This is because if we win the SEC, there is no chance clemp could beat us.

GamecockGuardsman 08-25-2014 08:40 PM

State championships are nice but I want to see conference championships and national championship contention.

scfanz 08-25-2014 09:27 PM

I'll take both.

Gamecocks1137 08-25-2014 09:32 PM

Whats with this or the other, hell I'll take both. No need to choose anymore, we are that good.

uscgamecocks88 08-25-2014 09:39 PM

Why not both?

ChickenButt 08-26-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kick_ball (Post 4235889)
how many times are we gonna have this thread?

^This. I may be new here, but this long-dead horse was beaten again just about every year on GoGamecocks.
:spurrier:

The obvious answer is change the "or" to an "and". That's what I'd rather. If it doesn't work out that way, I'll deal with it then.
:shotgunc:

Cockadoo 08-26-2014 11:41 AM

Beating Clemson has gotten to where it's not even fun anymore. I think we should at the least start rotating them out with some other team like SC State, Wofford or The Citadel to provide a little competition and a break in the monotony. So that being said, winning the SEC is by far more prestigious and rewarding.

PalmettoG27 08-26-2014 11:41 AM

I would rather beat Clemson... But it's like a 1 in a billion chance Clemson would beat whoever wins the SEC anyway!!!! I won't settle for one or the other!

Cockypantherfan 08-26-2014 11:44 AM

But what uniforms would we be wearing?

Legalman72 08-26-2014 11:55 AM

Yes.