CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Bring a bottle of water (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209303)

YouCanNeverTell 08-26-2014 02:55 AM

Bring a bottle of water

I mentioned this in another thread but wanted to make sure new folks and Aggies are made aware.

You are allowed to bring 1 unopened bottle of water into the stadium. I always freeze one to take in with me. It won't take it long to thaw Thursday.

Go Cocks!:woo:

Colorado Cocksman 08-26-2014 03:11 AM

Re: Bring a bottle of water

Size limit on the bottle? Liter okay?
Thanks

Texas_Aggies 08-26-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell (Post 4236132)
I mentioned this in another thread but wanted to make sure new folks and Aggies are made aware.

You are allowed to bring 1 unopened bottle of water into the stadium. I always freeze one to take in with me. It won't take it long to thaw Thursday.

Go Cocks!:woo:

Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.

Wkrice91 08-26-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Aggies (Post 4236158)
Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.

You probably do know about the heat....but you don't know the Brice.

jellafever 08-26-2014 07:54 AM

1 bottle per person, just to be clear. Also, I don't believe there is a size limit, but it may depend on the event worker at the gate you enter. I've seen one guy bring in a gallon jug before, and the event worker just shrugged her shoulders and let him thru.

FlorenceCock 08-26-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Texas heat and the heat inside Williams Brice are two totally different things. Fans from all across the conference will tell you that W-B is the hottest place on the planet on game day. Seriously freeze you a big ass bottle of water and take it in with you.

gamecocks24 08-26-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

What about humidity? Columbia isn't called the armpit of the south for nothing. Last year for the UNC game, their fans were shocked about how hot and humid it was.

Aggie96 08-26-2014 11:47 AM

Please can we be "better than Columbia at ANYTHING???

According to the Weather Channel

Quote:

Weather At-a-Glance:
On Average:
College Station, TX is warmer than Columbia, SC by 2F.

Columbia, SC is wetter than College Station, TX by 6.3 in.
We get that it is hot there, it is hot everywhere in the south. Two years ago we had 50+ days in a row over 100* oh and it's humid too.
I have been to a lot of places to watch games and I know the hottest I have ever been was Marching into Kyle field with shoes that shined like a black mirror and when I finished the march in it looked like they were shined with a Hershey bar, Polish melted clean off. The heat is not going to affect us anymore than it would at home.
Thanks for the water bottle tip though. That is good to know, I think all hot places should allow that. Hell at Darlington you can bring a 12 pack of beer into the race.

l^l^lBGCock 08-26-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Look at the arrogance.

Gamecockman12 08-26-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aggie96 (Post 4236328)
Please can we be "better than Columbia at ANYTHING???

According to the Weather Channel

We get that it is hot there, it is hot everywhere in the south. Two years ago we had 50+ days in a row over 100* oh and it's humid too.
I have been to a lot of places to watch games and I know the hottest I have ever been was Marching into Kyle field with shoes that shined like a black mirror and when I finished the march in it looked like they were shined with a Hershey bar, Polish melted clean off. The heat is not going to affect us anymore than it would at home.
Thanks for the water bottle tip though. That is good to know, I think all hot places should allow that. Hell at Darlington you can bring a 12 pack of beer into the race.

I've been to Texas, it's not that hot. You'll see on THursday it's different down here in SC.

ColaCock 08-26-2014 12:00 PM

Wait a minute: are we really arguing about which state is hotter? LOL

Aggie96 08-26-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecockman12 (Post 4236340)
I've been to Texas, it's not that hot. You'll see on THursday it's different down here in SC.

You realize it is a big state right... I lived in SC for a Year and NC for 6, it ain't that hot there.

jellafever 08-26-2014 12:17 PM

are you coming from malaysia?

Roosterboy 08-26-2014 12:18 PM

Yep.
Gonna be a scorcher...aka a typical day in Columbia.

WolfPack14 08-26-2014 12:19 PM

Does it have to be a bottle or can we bring the gallon jugs in? Thanks for the heads up!

dixiecock 08-26-2014 12:20 PM

low humidity this week, will actually be nice unlike last year with high temp and high humidity.

dixiecock 08-26-2014 12:22 PM

hence their rally on our state house steps. You can't even be nice to some of these guys without a smartass response. Arrogance is the word. Funny how they were not quite so arrogant when they were in the same conference with The University of Texas.

Jim Lahey 08-26-2014 12:23 PM

[quote=Aggie96;4236328]Please can we be "better than Columbia at ANYTHING???

You're on a South Carolina message board dude. What do you expect?

Lonnie 08-26-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColaCock (Post 4236342)
arguing about which state's women are hotter

Fixed it so it's acceptable...

cocky0 08-26-2014 12:25 PM

TBH I took the OP as a tip that the gate nazis will allow folks to bring in a bottle of water. How it got derailed into a pissing contest over weather seems a little puzzling.