CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Lattimore out more 6 weeks (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209306)

HeadCockFan 08-26-2014 08:06 AM

Lattimore out more 6 weeks

SIAP, he was placed on reserve list, meaning he has to sit first third of season. I know he wants to be out there, he will get his shot eventually.

Edit- title fail

roosterdude21 08-26-2014 02:12 PM

Re: Lattimore out more 6 weeks

Good. Glad to see they are still taking their time bc they want him for the long haul

Lonnie 08-26-2014 02:17 PM

At the same time, I'm starting to worry if he'll ever be healthy enough to play again.

Come on Marcus!!

JAYBEZ 08-26-2014 02:26 PM

It probably has zero to do with his recovery and more to do with roster count. All kinds of players mysteriously get ailments around cut time. It let's the team keep the player but keep them on a pup list instead of the starting roster.

Emery 08-26-2014 02:35 PM

How long is his contract, 3 years?

Todd803 08-26-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emery (Post 4236523)
How long is his contract, 3 years?

Actually read yesterday that because of the injury, last year did not count towards the contact, so he has 4 years left. See below:

"Lattimore spent all of his rookie season on NFI. The designation allowed him to practice with teammates during a three-week window, but he never was on the active roster. Because of that, his rookie contract tolled, meaning that four years remain on his original deal."

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/08/2...-to-begin.html#

Salary info - http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-franc...cus-lattimore/

garnetmike 08-26-2014 04:52 PM

I also think that the 49ers want to keep him on their staff but they are loaded right now at RB and with a guy coming off this surgery who has NOT been able to truly show what he's got...they can activate him when THEY are ready and not lose him to an opponent.

Based on Latti's reaction...he seems to think he's ready BUT RESERVED to not play these first six weeks. The first year was expected, but this second year seems to ME to be more roster related than injury related.

I'd love to hear from Marcus what he thinks about being ready. Seems strange and unrelated to physical. Is he being PAID under his current contract? Anyone know?

Garnet Gamecock 08-26-2014 05:00 PM

Something tells me Harbaugh wants to do right by Marcus and he isn't going to throw him out there when he has tons of talented running backs because he might hurt himself trying to prove something.

Better to heal up and get that confidence way up there.

Marcus needs to be patient, which is asking a lot of the young man.

I'd rather wait and have him ready to go at 100% than have him put out there and risk ending his career if it turns out he needs more time.

Flameout12 08-26-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock (Post 4236685)
Something tells me Harbaugh wants to do right by Marcus and he isn't going to throw him out there when he has tons of talented running backs because he might hurt himself trying to prove something.

Totally agree....I think Marcus has found favor with Jim Harbaugh, which is a good thing.

Storm Of Spurs 08-26-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetmike (Post 4236678)
...but they are loaded right now at RB...

Not really IMO.

CockyLifer 08-27-2014 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameout12 (Post 4236707)
Totally agree....I think Marcus has found favor with Jim Harbaugh, which is a good thing.

^same as you guys on this. Get well Marcus!

CockyLifer 08-27-2014 02:07 AM

I never cared for SF but they have earned a lot of respect from me in their treatment of our Lattimore.:thumbsup::clap:

Evilchicken2 08-27-2014 02:30 AM

Poor Lattimore. Having been away from contact for a couple of years is really going to rust his bolts. Cutting Marcus at this point is a bad PR move, but he'll never see significant playing time. The NFL is a meat grinder, where sentimentality is left at the door. Nobody deserves a shot more than Lattimore, but he's not a warm headline anymore.

CockyLifer 08-27-2014 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 (Post 4237203)
Poor Lattimore. Having been away from contact for a couple of years is really going to rust his bolts. Cutting Marcus at this point is a bad PR move, but he'll never see significant playing time. The NFL is a meat grinder, where sentimentality is left at the door. Nobody deserves a shot more than Lattimore, but he's not a warm headline anymore.

I think Marcus can do it if anyone can.

Regalcock 08-27-2014 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 (Post 4237203)

I think he makes it back and shows why he is so good. Not sure how long he will be in the nfl but I am guessing 7 years at least.

JDStud6 08-27-2014 09:51 AM

So he got $800,000+ to NOT play?

Where do I sign up?

JD

Emery 08-27-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regalcock (Post 4237226)
I think he makes it back and shows why he is so good. Not sure how long he will be in the nfl but I am guessing 7 years at least.

Why would an organization keep paying a player to rehab for the potential he might play? I think he may have found favor which is the only reason he's going to make it through this season but if he doesn't produce something soon or show progress then having a paid player for 3 years with minimal contact makes zero sense.

If he doesn't see the field during games this year, that's fine, but he needs to start balling out during practice.