CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Devonte Returning (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209321)

CockyATO 08-26-2014 12:19 PM

Devonte Returning
 
SIAP It's official: Holloman's joining staff. Wish it was on better terms, but welcome!


GoGamecocks
OFFICIAL: DeVonte Holloman is joining Gamecocks' staff.

Lonnie 08-26-2014 12:25 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Welcome Home Big Guy.

Emery 08-26-2014 12:29 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
It's refreshing to see the change of culture here where we are starting to take care of our own a little more.

Sgt Vegas 08-26-2014 12:33 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emery (Post 4236379)
It's refreshing to see the change of culture here where we are starting to take care of our own a little more.

100% agreed

airborne09 08-26-2014 12:38 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
That's outstanding. Still gets till be around the game.

Garnet Gamecock 08-26-2014 12:43 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
This isn't a charity case. Devonte knows what he's doing and should be a strong addition to the staff.

Very pleased for him and hope he enjoys the hell out of helping young men grow as players and as human beings.

sc455 08-26-2014 12:58 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock (Post 4236393)
This isn't a charity case. Devonte knows what he's doing and should be a strong addition to the staff.

Very pleased for him and hope he enjoys the hell out of helping young men grow as players and as human beings.

who said it was?

Mike Wise 08-26-2014 01:14 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Glad he is back!

Jethro Beaver 08-26-2014 01:40 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
:wink::clap:

Goofyboy 08-26-2014 01:54 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Yay!
DeVonte now has played saftey (and fill-in corner, I think), spur, OLB, and MLB. He's a quiet guy who learns and performs. We'll see if he can teach also. I'm excited about Shaq Wilson feeding info and analysis to the coaches and assistants like DeVonte making it happen with players. Nothing improves players (or anybody else) like solid feedback and help using it to get better.

sandstorm2001 08-26-2014 01:58 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sc455 (Post 4236412)
who said it was?

I think that he was just concerned about the potential to interpret "taking care of our own" to mean that we brought him on just because he had to retire and needed saving.

Emery 08-26-2014 02:34 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 (Post 4236479)
I think that he was just concerned about the potential to interpret "taking care of our own" to mean that we brought him on just because he had to retire and needed saving.

I'm sure he's deserving, but 10+ years ago even if he was deserving I'm not sure this would have happened so quickly.

b381l 08-26-2014 05:16 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
A number of people have brought up would he be entitled to continue to be paid.
Unfortunately, like most NFL players, he would only get his guarantee.
His contract value is about 2.2 million over 4 years with only slightly more than
100k guaranteed. His salary last year was 405,000.......so the total he got paid
last year was around 510,000.

http://overthecap.com/player/devonte-holloman/2304

Garnet Gamecock 08-26-2014 05:35 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 (Post 4236479)
I think that he was just concerned about the potential to interpret "taking care of our own" to mean that we brought him on just because he had to retire and needed saving.

Precisely.

Kickerspl80 08-26-2014 05:51 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
He knows all about winning. Kelp the winners around as much as possible IMO

Lonnie 08-26-2014 06:33 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4236706)
A number of people have brought up would he be entitled to continue to be paid.
Unfortunately, like most NFL players, he would only get his guarantee.
His contract value is about 2.2 million over 4 years with only slightly more than
100k guaranteed. His salary last year was 405,000.......so the total he got paid
last year was around 510,000.

http://overthecap.com/player/devonte-holloman/2304

On the flip side, many players carry insurance policy's that pay out on career ending injuries.

jfbreb94 08-26-2014 09:14 PM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Bravo. So glad to read this. Hate he's done playing though

CockyLifer 08-27-2014 02:11 AM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Welcome Home DH! (hate it was under these terms but always liked him)

CockyLifer 08-27-2014 02:12 AM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfbreb94 (Post 4236887)
Bravo. So glad to read this. Hate he's done playing though

Indeed VERY bittersweet.

boowilliam4 08-27-2014 03:15 AM

Re: Devonte Returning
 
I would think him being on the staff could only help our recruiting.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.