CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   SOS is pissed (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209510)

The Yancey 08-28-2014 11:21 PM

SOS is pissed

He isn't holding back about the defense.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sou...k-defensively/

uscgamecocks88 08-28-2014 11:22 PM

Re: SOS is pissed

He has every right to be

SwampFox 08-28-2014 11:23 PM

Well has has 2 extra days to put the defense through punishment workouts before our next game.

TheCockinDecatur 08-28-2014 11:23 PM

Yup, he does have every right to be.

We got whooped but the offense kept us as close to staying in that game as possible.

The defense is the worst I can remember ever seeing it and I've been watching Gamecock football for 3 decades.

I'm not blaming the players as much as I am the D coaching staff.

There's no way there would be that many missed arm tackles if those boys were coached correctly.

PageUSC 08-28-2014 11:23 PM

being pissed isn't going to solve anything. Just gotta get some better players here

CockyClint 08-28-2014 11:25 PM

"We've got some coaching decisions to make."

^^^^hmmmm.....should any of the defensive assistants be worried when they hear a statement like that?!

FeloniousCock 08-28-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyClint (Post 4241143)

^^^^hmmmm.....should any of the defensive assistants be worried when they hear a statement like that?!

Deke adams

Schark 08-28-2014 11:29 PM

680 yards put on us. I want to know how many of the yards were gained after contact. Our tackling fundamentals were terrible.

crowcutta 08-28-2014 11:29 PM

id scrap the 3-3-5 except as a 3rd and long package.

myrtsmom 08-28-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyClint (Post 4241143)

What do you mean defensive assistants? The freakin' Defensive Coordinator better be worried after that utter display of defensive shit that we saw tonight.

GoldenSpur7 08-28-2014 11:30 PM

We were soft on the little flare outs, but even worse covering over the middle. It got to the point where I was surprised/shocked when Hill threw one incomplete.

soccerguy79 08-28-2014 11:31 PM

I still want to know why Williams did not play at rb

kingoftheroost 08-28-2014 11:32 PM

As I said in another thread, Spurrier doesn't need to let the offensive guys off the hook. They left a lot to be desired, too. Yes, they were much better than the defense, but there were several things the offense mucked up.

It says a lot when you realize the total points the offense put on the board didn't even match what A&M put up in the first half.

Yeah, I know someone will say, "We got behind early and had to change the game plan." Ya know what? I don't care, because when it's all said and done, the offense has one job just like the defense. And while the offense did its job better than the defense, BOTH units failed. It is still a team sport, right?

ColaCock 08-28-2014 11:33 PM

Every question asked about the offense in the post-game presser...he started talking about how poor the defense was:

Reporter: "How did you feel about Nicky's performance?"

SOS: "Well, he made some good plays...but when their guys get so much space and we can't tackle and make plays..."

----

I will note, Spurrier is crazy if he thinks the offense played anything near "well". 28 points is *really* a mirage of what this offense did on the field. Thompson was very erratic, gameplan was erratic with no identity, many receptions were "how did he catch that" type of plays where it was threaded/lucked in, and Nicky (while he made 2 TDs) let up on that shoulda-been-TD before the 2nd half. OL also blocked like shit and couldn't pick up a block on a pull if it saved their lives.

Without busted coverage on 2 long TD passes and a couple "iffy" pass interference calls, 14 points is what we were worth tonight.

It's easy to lay off a shitty offense and direct the attention over to a defense that played 10x worse.

EDISTOCOCK 08-28-2014 11:34 PM

When you don't tackle and block in practice, what do you expect in a game?

kabercr2 08-28-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerguy79 (Post 4241172)
I still want to know why Williams did not play at rb

Seond This! There was no reason he shouldn't have at least got a touch.

92Pony 08-28-2014 11:36 PM

Do whatever it takes to get Lawing back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonnie 08-28-2014 11:36 PM

The defense has two stops all night. This ain't on the offense.

Evilchicken3 08-28-2014 11:38 PM

Blaming the defense is futile. The offense was terribly one-sided...no run game, and all long balls. Is Spurrier going to call himself out?

kabercr2 08-28-2014 11:39 PM

When your on the losing end all night its hard to constantly run the ball.