CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   its not football season (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209512)

TonyVercetti 08-28-2014 11:45 PM

its not football season

Honest question.

Leading up to this season did it feel weird for anyoneelse? I didnt feel the excitement or "buzz". Dont get me wrong, i was excited but it just didnt feel like it was here. Idk how to explain it.

But anyone else fee like this? I talked to a few people... and well actually theybrought it up to me. And i was like yeah i been feeling the same way.

GamecockSuperFan 08-29-2014 12:44 AM

Re: its not football season

absolutely. Felt like it snuck up on me in the last 3 days leading up to the game. Seems like it should start a month from now.

TonyVercetti 08-29-2014 12:46 AM

I mean i been counting down the days like i always do. But still didnt feel right

spareparts 08-29-2014 12:46 AM

It was really hot and we lost

If it had been a crisp fall day and we won things would be different

TonyVercetti 08-29-2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4241347)
It was really hot and we lost

If it had been a crisp fall day and we won things would be different

Idk man maybe. I been feelin like this for days.

Maybe i just been so busy not really had time to take it all in. Now i dont even wanna take it

nicstockman 08-29-2014 01:41 AM

I get what you're talking about.

I really think we've been spoiled during the last few off-seasons with the video board and farmers market upgrades and also USC playing so well in baseball. And if you really think about it, the last couple of off-season's also seemed to be filled with more video's and PR type stuff (to me anyway) than this off-season. I think that has a lot to do with this current feeling. I mean, USC even put out those Top 10 moments of the Spurrier Era a couple weeks ago and it got almost zero attention. That in and of itself is odd - for one, because Spurrier is still coaching so his Top 10 moments may not be defined yet.

GamecockSuperFan 08-31-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyVercetti (Post 4241353)
Idk man maybe. I been feelin like this for days.

Maybe i just been so busy not really had time to take it all in. Now i dont even wanna take it

I think part of the reason too is I ditched cable in the house and just run everything off internet. I don't see all the media/ college football live/ espn stuff like I use to which got me amped up for the season. Still get all the games though.

ccured 08-31-2014 11:42 AM

I was happy to have football but I was way more anxious than excited.