CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   A fans guide. 5 steps to recovery (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209513)

garnetheart32 08-28-2014 11:49 PM

A fans guide. 5 steps to recovery

1.Don't always trust the hype machine.
For the first time since...well ever, South Carolina Football was the subject of preseason hype and predictions unheard of. What do we do with that hype? Down the drain in the first game it goes. It proves that you can't trust the media heads when they praise you. We all need to now display our hatred of espn for running the hype machine these last few weeks, for it's surely their fault we lost.

2.Find an aggie and congratulate them.
Ok guys, I know this one may really hurt, but it will help the grieving process. Go to your favorite forum or to an aggie you know, and give them props, they deserve it. Doing so in a calm and respectful manner will really get you ready for the rest of the season. Speaking of which...

3.The season is young. Daydream about being in Atlanta at the end of it.
I get it, we all think the season is lost right now, but anything can happen. If we look far enough ahead this first game will seem like the distant past. Lets regroup ourselves and get that champions mindset back.

4.The season is young. Daydream about A&M being in Atlanta with us.
If we make a miraculous turnaround and our backfield figures out how to cover, there may just be a chance we find ourselves in a rematch with those texags. In which case we won't be snuck up on and our young guys will have experience.

5.Breath
Inhale....Exhale....Inhale....Exhale, That's it, Now that your calm, think about the positives...We showed real heart in trying to fight back. We're the (formerly)fighting gamecocks, we won't go down without a fight.

Chucktown Vol 08-28-2014 11:51 PM

Re: A fans guide. 5 steps to recovery

Take it from a vol fan...

Stock your liquor cabinet.

Cockypantherfan 08-29-2014 12:01 AM

Lol

AtlGAMECOCK 08-29-2014 12:07 AM

It is.going to be a long season

ColaCock 08-29-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucktown Vol (Post 4241236)

I like this guy's idea.

Lose a few 08-29-2014 12:13 AM

Agree with no. 1. That hype machine said Aggies will not be good post Manziel. Texas A&M said not so fast my friend and hung half a hundred on gamecocks. That's why you play the games and don't just talk football.

ACPhilson 08-29-2014 12:20 AM

Liqueur cabinet.

HUGEGARNETCOCK 08-29-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetheart32 (Post 4241229)
1.Don't always trust the hype machine.
For the first time since...well ever, South Carolina Football was the subject of preseason hype and predictions unheard of. What do we do with that hype? Down the drain in the first game it goes. It proves that you can't trust the media heads when they praise you. We all need to now display our hatred of espn for running the hype machine these last few weeks, for it's surely their fault we lost.

2.Find an aggie and congratulate them.
Ok guys, I know this one may really hurt, but it will help the grieving process. Go to your favorite forum or to an aggie you know, and give them props, they deserve it. Doing so in a calm and respectful manner will really get you ready for the rest of the season. Speaking of which...

3.The season is young. Daydream about being in Atlanta at the end of it.
I get it, we all think the season is lost right now, but anything can happen. If we look far enough ahead this first game will seem like the distant past. Lets regroup ourselves and get that champions mindset back.

If we make a miraculous turnaround and our backfield figures out how to cover, there may just be a chance we find ourselves in a rematch with those texags. In which case we won't be snuck up on and our young guys will have experience.

5.Breath
Inhale....Exhale....Inhale....Exhale, That's it, Now that your calm, think about the positives...We showed real heart in trying to fight back. We're the (formerly)fighting gamecocks, we won't go down without a fight.

You my friend shallfind a hot a place and burn in it! You are not a real fan one day maybe today nott so much! To the Vol under his post lol I will be at the liquor store early as hell in the morning!

garnetheart32 08-29-2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK (Post 4241340)
You my friend shallfind a hot a place and burn in it! You are not a real fan one day maybe today nott so much! To the Vol under his post lol I will be at the liquor store early as hell in the morning!

Explain?

HUGEGARNETCOCK 08-29-2014 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetheart32 (Post 4241349)
Explain?

Read it again then

garnetheart32 08-29-2014 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK (Post 4241368)
Read it again then

Explain why you think I'm not a real fan and why I should go to hell?

b381l 08-29-2014 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lose a few (Post 4241280)
Agree with no. 1. That hype machine said Aggies will not be good post Manziel. Texas A&M said not so fast my friend and hung half a hundred on gamecocks. That's why you play the games and don't just talk football.

we had no film on that offense with those players......that's what makes things twice as hard playing a good team early.

b381l 08-29-2014 01:38 AM

On another topic, Temple is kicking Vandy's ass at halftime 21-7....for all those that are disappointed, things could be worse.

garnetheart32 08-29-2014 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4241453)
On another topic, Temple is kicking Vandy's ass at halftime 21-7....for all those that are disappointed, things could be worse.

I kinda feel bad for them.

Cocks N Stuff 08-29-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetheart32 (Post 4241229)

That's not a dream... that's a ****ing nightmare.

garnetheart32 08-29-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocks N Stuff (Post 4242105)
That's not a dream... that's a ****ing nightmare.

Payback is a bitch. Look at it this way. If we are good enough to get to Atlanta (BTW I seriously doubt we are) we should be good enough to play with them the second time around.

bmwparts 08-29-2014 11:44 AM

7-5 OR 6-6 this year, so just have fun with friends & family at the games, it is what it is

HeadCockFan 08-29-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetheart32 (Post 4242111)
Payback is a bitch. Look at it this way. If we are good enough to get to Atlanta (BTW I seriously doubt we are) we should be good enough to play with them the second time around.

me too, our D-lines deficiency cannot not be overcome this season. We'll have to scheme things differently which will help, but we will have a hard time forcing punts against any team on our schedule.

HeadCockFan 08-29-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwparts (Post 4242129)
7-5 OR 6-6 this year, so just have fun with friends & family at the games, it is what it is

This should be the goal every day of your life. Smile Carolina.

markp_vip 08-29-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucktown Vol (Post 4241236)

:wink:After last night it's more like re-stock your liquor cabinet.