CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   This says it all. (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209522)

Carolina4Life 08-29-2014 05:41 AM

This says it all.

Kenny Hill broke Johnny Manziel's single-game passing record w/ 511 yards, went 44-of-60,

GamecockGirl23 08-29-2014 06:04 AM

Re: This says it all.

hate to say it but with the way our defense played, any number of high school qbs could've put up some staggering numbers too..that was the worst defensive showing ive seen in a loooong time

CockyLifer 08-29-2014 06:54 AM

Well good for that guy but it was the fact we never fielded a defense when he was out there if this isn't clear to others they are blind.

CockyLifer 08-29-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockGirl23 (Post 4241594)
hate to say it but with the way our defense played, any number of high school qbs could've put up some staggering numbers too..that was the worst defensive showing ive seen in a loooong time

I think the worst I have ever witnessed there was some bad ones but this is vying for the worst imho.

ThisMr X 08-29-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4241588)
Kenny Hill broke Johnny Manziel's single-game passing record w/ 511 yards, went 44-of-60,

Give my receivers a 5 yard cushion and no slime penetration and I think smelly could have picked us apart, a&m' so line was great but our dline was just horrible. Offense was good IMO, just seems kind of frustrating to have to score knowing that they will score right back again with no resistance at all.

GamecockGirl23 08-29-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4241617)
I think the worst I have ever witnessed there was some bad ones but this is vying for the worst imho.

i definitely agree..the good news is we can only get better because it can't get much worse lol

i29gman 08-29-2014 07:48 AM

A loss to E. Carolina or Georgia will make us A LOT worse! Better right this ship in a hurry.

gsgp 08-29-2014 10:05 AM

ECU has to be drooling looking at our lost boys.sitting in WB 3rd row sec 4 you see the confusion on the players. They were NOT prepared for the game. Ward and the dbacks coach had zero plan. No rush no cover the flats no tackling hell no leader on d.Offense sucks Dylan was never a threat to run so they rushed 3 or 4 dropped in coverage. 1st 2 td's were off their errors . Hell Thompson missed open receivers all over. Shoot he overthrew several badly. Davis hurt again. We could be 0-4 easily. I've lowered my expectations to 500 only cause I have to believe they're going to improve .

NinjaSven 08-30-2014 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsgp (Post 4241817)
ECU has to be drooling looking at our lost boys.sitting in WB 3rd row sec 4 you see the confusion on the players. They were NOT prepared for the game. Ward and the dbacks coach had zero plan. No rush no cover the flats no tackling hell no leader on d.Offense sucks Dylan was never a threat to run so they rushed 3 or 4 dropped in coverage. 1st 2 td's were off their errors . Hell Thompson missed open receivers all over. Shoot he overthrew several badly. Davis hurt again. We could be 0-4 easily. I've lowered my expectations to 500 only cause I have to believe they're going to improve .

I don't think we lose to ECU, but I think our game will give them more confidence and a bona fide strategy to pick apart our defense. I wasn't really afraid of Carden until yesterday.

GabbieM 08-30-2014 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i29gman (Post 4241643)
A loss to E. Carolina or Georgia will make us A LOT worse! Better right this ship in a hurry.

ECU has a VERY capable QB. If he is on his game and our defense hasn't improved and learned to tackle, we are in trouble. In fact, I was shamelessly looking ahead of A&M thinking ECU would have been a bit harder. I'm afraid to even think about what GA will do to us.

The only positive I could see from our first game, is that we get an extra bit to prepare.

CockyLifer 08-30-2014 04:07 AM

I am hoping our Offense will be able to move the ball at will and we can beat ECU in a shootout. But it will be another long night if we don't re-establish some form of identity like now!