CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   99 PROBLEMS... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209580)

FeloniousCock 08-29-2014 04:34 PM

99 PROBLEMS...

Ok so i know the defense didn't do well. With that being said nobody really has hit on the 99 plays that A&M ran last night. I dont give a flying F what we have to do but if a team can run over 80 plays on us all year we are done. Dont know where we go from here but we need to evaluate somethings.

COCKDIESEL 08-29-2014 04:42 PM

Re: 99 PROBLEMS...

Be more efficient on offense. That will cut down on those plays. We knew they were gonna score, if you didn't the garnet glasses are strong because Sumlin's offenses have been scoring machines no matter who is the QB or opponent. I figured minimum they would score 28-35. If we hold the ball more and score ourselves instead of going three and out they don't run that many plays and they don't score as much. Does it change it to a W? I don't know but it would have been a much tighter ball game.

garnetheart32 08-29-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeloniousCock (Post 4242733)
Ok so i know the defense didn't do well. With that being said nobody really has hit on the 99 plays that A&M ran last night. I dont give a flying F what we have to do but if a team can run over 80 plays on us all year we are done. Dont know where we go from here but we need to evaluate somethings.

Here's a terrifying thought. How many times did our D touch the ball out of those 99 plays swats even fingertips. I was going to say exclude tackling but I don't think we touched the rock tackling either.

Yearofthegamecock 08-29-2014 05:13 PM

The reason they ran 99 plays was because our d couldn't get them off the field. Everyone is trying to tie the offense into this loss. It's ridiculous really.

Go back to, say five minutes into the game? We are already in the hole 10 points. Even if Dylan and company can match score for score, at some point the defense had to force a stop and we have to get points. That wasn't the case. A&M marched down the field at will, with the exception of, what, three possessions. Right now, IMO we have 11 problems.

MisterClowney 08-29-2014 05:18 PM

We need to run the ****ing football out of the ****ing I-Formation.

markp_vip 08-29-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yearofthegamecock (Post 4242796)
The reason they ran 99 plays was because our d couldn't get them off the field. Everyone is trying to tie the offense into this loss. It's ridiculous really.

Go back to, say five minutes into the game? We are already in the hole 10 points. Even if Dylan and company can match score for score, at some point the defense had to force a stop and we have to get points. That wasn't the case. A&M marched down the field at will, with the exception of, what, three possessions. Right now, IMO we have 11 problems.

We made it way too easy on their offense. It was almost like they were going full speed and we were in scrimmage mode.

COCKDIESEL 08-29-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

If the offense moves the ball they don't run 99 plays. If the defense has more rest they maybe make a play or a big stop. I'm not excusing the poor tackling but when the offense goes 2 of 9 on third downs and we turned it over on downs once. The offense has to stay on the field more and give the d a rest.

uscjeremynca 08-29-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterClowney (Post 4242804)
We need to run the ****ing football out of the ****ing I-Formation.

I know we got down early but why did we panic on offense? I know Spurrier thinks we can sling it a little but why not run the ball and try and control the clock a little. Once we realize couldn't stop them on defense, at least we could have used our offense to slow them down.

kevhugh 08-30-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscjeremynca (Post 4242861)
I know we got down early but why did we panic on offense? I know Spurrier thinks we can sling it a little but why not run the ball and try and control the clock a little. Once we realize couldn't stop them on defense, at least we could have used our offense to slow them down.

Because Barry Sanders couldn't have had a good night with the blocking we had on Thursday.

I love how everyone is like: "Why didn't we run the ball" I didn't exactly see anyone with 8 yards a carry.

Wisercock 08-30-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL (Post 4242747)
Be more efficient on offense. That will cut down on those plays. We knew they were gonna score, if you didn't the garnet glasses are strong because Sumlin's offenses have been scoring machines no matter who is the QB or opponent. I figured minimum they would score 28-35. If we hold the ball more and score ourselves instead of going three and out they don't run that many plays and they don't score as much. Does it change it to a W? I don't know but it would have been a much tighter ball game.

aTm left the middle open deep forcing us to go for quick scores or a 3 and out. Either way, they get the ball back.

I'm not a coach, but it seems to me that the only way to beat this is to run the ball and force them to put 6 or 7 guys in the box. That means 2 TEs and a fullback. Spurrier doesn't like to do that.

With our defense we can't afford to get into scoring duels with every opponent.

highstick 08-30-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

I'm absolutely dumbfounded at the blame some are putting on the offense...but then, I suspect most never watch a game except from a recliner. That was all on the Defense Thursday night! Every bit of it...Now we didn't looks so good on offense at times either, but plant that loss squarely on the D. Anyone who thought the last two year's was all Clowney, better think about what else we lost this past year.

18IsTheMan 08-30-2014 05:32 PM

A&M had the ball for nearly 38 minutes. We had for only 22. Anyone who thinks our offense has no impact on the other offense is dumb...or thinks SOS is dumb. He's said countless times (and it's a basic fact of football): the best way to keep good offenses from scoring is to keep them off the field. We simply weren't able to sustain anything on offense all night.

kingoftheroost 08-30-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan (Post 4243906)
A&M had the ball for nearly 38 minutes. We had for only 22. Anyone who thinks our offense has no impact on the other offense is dumb...or thinks SOS is dumb. He's said countless times (and it's a basic fact of football): the best way to keep good offenses from scoring is to keep them off the field. We simply weren't able to sustain anything on offense all night.

At the end of the day, this seems like a logical post, but not when someone was following the t.o.p. during the game. There were lots of times when A&M was up by 10 or 17 and the t.o.p. was nearly even (like only a minute difference).