CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Step back from the ledge (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209625)

GOCOCKS63 08-30-2014 05:24 AM

Step back from the ledge

So are you guys just giving up all hope already? Yes it was ugly yes we need work but it was still the first game. We have a whole season ahead. Now the 3-4 I've never been a big fan. If you're gonna have 3 down lineman they need to be studs and have a big man like Terrance Cody in the middle like Bama had. Idk I guess Ward thought he was gonna use speed on the outside but I guess he forgot that that is probably gonna be one of the top O-Line's in the Nation. Their tackle will be one of the top picks in the draft this year. I think we have the skill set the scheme just isn't right for what we have up front.

Carolina4Life 08-30-2014 08:53 AM

Re: Step back from the ledge

Not giving up but my I've lost a good bit of hope for this season. We will be the Florida of last year.

garnet_black215 08-30-2014 08:55 AM

Did we watch the same game Thursday night?

Cocks N Stuff 08-30-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4243353)
Not giving up but my I've lost a good bit of hope for this season. We will be the Florida of last year.

We're going to be a team with basically their entire first string injured who leans on the strength of an elite defense to make up for their atrocious offense?

I must be missing something.

Carolina4Life 08-30-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocks N Stuff (Post 4243362)
We're going to be a team with basically their entire first string injured who leans on the strength of an elite defense to make up for their atrocious offense?

I must be missing something.

No, but we'll be 4-8 just like they were.

yazoo 08-30-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOCOCKS63 (Post 4243339)
So are you guys just giving up all hope already? Yes it was ugly yes we need work but it was still the first game. We have a whole season ahead. Now the 3-4 I've never been a big fan. If you're gonna have 3 down lineman they need to be studs and have a big man like Terrance Cody in the middle like Bama had. Idk I guess Ward thought he was gonna use speed on the outside but I guess he forgot that that is probably gonna be one of the top O-Line's in the Nation. Their tackle will be one of the top picks in the draft this year. I think we have the skill set the scheme just isn't right for what we have up front.

The Yancey 08-30-2014 09:58 AM

We blew Georgia out two years ago. Who went on to win the East?

garnet_black215 08-30-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4243390)
We blew Georgia out two years ago. Who went on to win the East?

MUCH MUCH better defense that year.

803scdantes 08-30-2014 10:08 AM

My only hope is tamu is just that good.

lake-cityCOCK89 08-30-2014 10:29 AM

I'm not happy with the way they performed, but winners suck it up and get better. "Better" for us could be 8-4 or it could be 10-2. It's hard to tell after one game.

I'm not giving up. Your usual negative and pessimistic people will predict losing records, outlandish scores, and want coaches fired.

We have the talent, the guys just have to prepare better and give the most effort that they are capable of and this team will be ok.

Just remember, the weak losers thrive on times like this, so don't let them get to you. They'll be the first to jump back on the wagon if we reel off a few wins in a row

ucan'tlickourcocks 08-30-2014 10:46 AM

Only one solution from here....... beat East Carolina!

gblack 08-30-2014 10:49 AM

I've already jumped off the ledge-LOL. I live in the Klempson area my home, phone and email account has been over taken by the Klempson Farmers as if they are the ones that beat us. We will and must get this season turned around if we don't I might just jump. Go Cocks

5 in a row by 10 points or more and number 6 is knocking on the Kitties door.

HeadCockFan 08-30-2014 10:59 AM

Urging Gamecock fans to step back from the ledge is like airdropping Live Strong bracelets over Syria.

Lonnie 08-30-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks (Post 4243411)
Only one solution from here....... beat East Carolina!

I'm with you. As a scientist, I can't make any real conclusions off one data point.

PageUSC 08-30-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnet_black215 (Post 4243391)
MUCH MUCH better defense that year.

Yes that 2012 D was better at every single position except maybe Will (Moore). And had playmakers at DE and Spur

DT is not a weakness either I don't think.

I'm not on a ledge but the sooner each of you accept a 7-5 maybe 8-4 type season the better it will be for you on game days.

We just don't have the talent to contend for an SEC championship

18IsTheMan 08-30-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PageUSC (Post 4243428)
Yes that 2012 D was better at every single position except maybe Will (Moore). And had playmakers at DE and Spur

DT is not a weakness either I don't think.

I wouldn't say he's a weakness, but I don't think it's very likely that we'll be opening up the passing game and putting up video game numbers like people were anticipating.

Spurrier_Superior_One 08-30-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4243389)

Ward needs to stop putting philosophy on twitter and start putting some effort into teaching tackling and coverage technique. His defense comes out like that again this season he will be looking for another job.

garnet_black215 08-30-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan (Post 4243431)
I wouldn't say he's a weakness, but I don't think it's very likely that we'll be opening up the passing game and putting up video game numbers like people were anticipating.

I think he meant defensive tackle, since we were talking about defense.

Either way, I'll step away from the ledge when we show we can win some games and actually stop someone. Unfortunately, I don't see either one happening anytime soon.

ReadR00ster 08-30-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4243389)

That's nice, for champions. We aren't even close to being champions this year. Champions don't get their rear ends handed to them like this in the first place.

roosterdude21 08-30-2014 11:59 AM

I think the team has been humbled and has no choice but to scratch and claw after a loss like that. Spurrier is a very strong leader and there is no reason to mail it in from here. If anything we'll see a team play with reckless abandonment.