CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Anybody else grateful we play in the East? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209633)

CockyClint 08-30-2014 12:38 PM

Anybody else grateful we play in the East?

...or perhaps more to the point, anyone else grateful that we don't play in the West? Bama, Auburn, Aggie, LSU and Bielema starting to build something down there at Arka...WOWZA, that division is going to be LOADED for years to come. Meanwhile, UF remains a HUGE ???? under Muschump and we ALWAYS compete with UGA, regardless of how good they are or where we are respectively ranked. Compared to the West, the Eastern Division is a big fat weenie, which is why I have not surrendered all hope after the A & M beatdown! So stay stiff and hard in your resolve, Cocks! We can still make plenty of noise in our division!!! :football::football::wink::clap:

conwaycock2 08-30-2014 12:50 PM

Re: Anybody else grateful we play in the East?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyClint (Post 4243525)
...or perhaps more to the point, anyone else grateful that we don't play in the West? Bama, Auburn, Aggie, LSU and Bielema starting to build something down there at Arka...WOWZA, that division is going to be LOADED for years to come. Meanwhile, UF remains a HUGE ???? under Muschump and we ALWAYS compete with UGA, regardless of how good they are or where we are respectively ranked. Compared to the West, the Eastern Division is a big fat weenie, which is why I have not surrendered all hope after the A & M beatdown! So stay stiff and hard in your resolve, Cocks! We can still make plenty of noise in our division!!! :football::football::wink::clap:

Based on what I saw Thurs we'd be in trouble. I am a bit confused about what you think Bielema is building at Ark though. Last year he was 0-8 in the SEC & 3-9 overall. Right now his 2015 recruiting class is ranked 29. He's not close in my opinion but hey, that's why they play the game so we'll see.

CockyClint 08-30-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conwaycock2 (Post 4243538)
Based on what I saw Thurs we'd be in trouble. I am a bit confused about what you think Bielema is building at Ark though. Last year he was 0-8 in the SEC & 3-9 overall. Right now his 2015 recruiting class is ranked 29. He's not close in my opinion but hey, that's why they play the game so we'll see.

He proved that he is a good coach at Wisky, and a few recruiting classes ranked in the top 30 will be more than enough to make Arky at least competitive in the SEC West.

My point, however, remains. We can still do some damage this year, because we play in the East. Doesn't anyone else agree?!!!!

CockyInGA 08-30-2014 01:46 PM

The way Kentucky is playing today, they're going to beat us too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

05USCGrad 08-30-2014 02:17 PM

Yeah, uk looks like juggernauts up 35-0 at halftime - even if it is against ut martin

kick_ball 08-30-2014 02:24 PM

to be the best you got to beat the best

garnet_black215 08-30-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyClint (Post 4243606)
He proved that he is a good coach at Wisky, and a few recruiting classes ranked in the top 30 will be more than enough to make Arky at least competitive in the SEC West.

My point, however, remains. We can still do some damage this year, because we play in the East. Doesn't anyone else agree?!!!!

No.

ccured 08-30-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyClint (Post 4243606)

Bama, lsu, Auburn are consistently top 15 recruiting top 30 isn't gonna get it done. He will be gone in less than 4 years total.

CockyClint 08-30-2014 08:19 PM

Wow, I realize it was a tough loss, but i am stunned that there isn't more optimism on this board. It was just one game, guys.

Cocks N Stuff 08-30-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyClint (Post 4244076)
Wow, I realize it was a tough loss, but i am stunned that there isn't more optimism on this board. It was just one game, guys.

You are right. TAMU is absolutely loaded offensively and a horrible matchup for us. We certainly have some major issues, but the East is an entirely different animal. We have a tough road, but hope is not lost. This board is just a dumpster fire right now. Don't let the weak and negative individuals bring you down. We still have a lot of football, cold beers, and good times ahead. Let's enjoy the ride. Go Cocks.

CockyClint 08-30-2014 08:40 PM

Amen Cocks N' Stuff. I Just think that Texas A&M is a helluva lot more talented than UF, Tenn, Vandy OR UGA. I also think that they have a better coach than those three schools. Regardless, we ALWAYS play UGA tough, and they are the best team out of that eastern bunch. The bottom line is that there is ZERO reason for us to 'fear" ANYONE in the East, so let's get going!!! The A&M game is over and behind us, time to move on!!! I swear that Cocky himself would be disappointed in some of the Chicken Littles around here!!! He would probably just shake his head and pump his fist!

trapper82 08-30-2014 08:49 PM

Truth is we have a lot of fair weather fans who leave and complain when the going gets tough.

18IsTheMan 08-30-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyInGA (Post 4243609)
The way Kentucky is playing today, they're going to beat us too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UK looked stout. Of course, you have to consider the opponent, but they did what you would expect a good SEC team to do UT-Martin. They did give up nearly 400 yards of offense but, without seeing the game, considering that UT only put up 14 points I'm guessing it was junk yardage.

Great hire by UK.

COCKDIESEL 08-30-2014 08:51 PM

I thought you were a canes fan?

18IsTheMan 08-30-2014 08:53 PM

Well, neither Auburn nor Bama looked overwhelmingly great today against unranked opponents. Both are still way better than us, but they certainly didn't look unbeatable.

Senior Rooster 08-30-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyClint (Post 4244076)

True Fan is always optimistic! I was even in the 0-11 year. You have to be if you bleed Garnet!

:wink:

Clowneygotcha 08-30-2014 10:54 PM

Grateful, well depends. I would be great full if we played in the ACC. To be in the SEC you have to be 100x better. I am great full for the sec money though.

18IsTheMan 08-30-2014 10:58 PM

Hard to tell after just one game, but UGA looked like the Dawgs of old. Far better than Bama or Auburn.