CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   ECU (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209668)

Cocks N Stuff 08-30-2014 10:11 PM

ECU

They are currently playing North Carolina Central on ESPN News right now. They are up to 10-7 halfway through the second quarter. They are NOT Texas A&M.

I am very interested to see what type of defensive adjustments that we roll out next Saturday considering this team also runs the air raid offense.

Clowneygotcha 08-30-2014 10:14 PM

Re: ECU

Your right, they aren't A&M, but they are about as close to that offense as we will play all year. We need to learn to cover, and play man. We right now, are shitting ourselves on that account, giving too much cushion.

18IsTheMan 08-30-2014 10:17 PM

Judging at the box score so far, they are not a threat to run the ball at all.

InletCock1989 08-30-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan (Post 4244353)

:lol:

Badazcock 08-30-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

That makes it that much worse..

ecugrad 08-31-2014 01:06 AM

We pass for a living but it doesnt mean we cant or wont run. Our true freshman rb busted a long td run in the 4th against their 1st string def. We played the 2nd and 3rd string the entire
4th quarter. We know your a much better team than nccu but I hope you dont overlook us thinking about uga. Our recivers catch anything near them and im sure we didnt show the whole playbook. Your secondary has to learn how to cover and tackle before you can think about slowing down our offense.

Order 66 08-31-2014 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecugrad (Post 4244724)
We pass for a living but it doesnt mean we cant or wont run. Our true freshman rb busted a long td run in the 4th against their 1st string def. We played the 2nd and 3rd string the entire
4th quarter. We know your a much better team than nccu but I hope you dont overlook us thinking about uga. Our recivers catch anything near them and im sure we didnt show the whole playbook. Your secondary has to learn how to cover and tackle before you can think about slowing down our offense.

We just want a win, to cover up that loss to start the season. Trust me, ECU will not be overlooked.

TAFC 5 1981 08-31-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

That threat comes in game 3.

Cockypantherfan 08-31-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecugrad (Post 4244724)

You played your second and third string vs NC Central.... Ooohhhhh

ecugrad 08-31-2014 01:27 AM

The oline is still a work in progress. We have some new juco players who started for the first time today. Number 3 for us is a freshman who runs a 4.3 40. Grayson is a powerful back, he saw his first action tonight after he redshirted last year. I know you guys arent as bad as you played against A& M and maybe we arent as goood as we played tonight but even if we lose, I expect to be in the game until the very end. Im excited to watch the game on ESPNU.

gAmkok 08-31-2014 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocks N Stuff (Post 4244324)
They are currently playing North Carolina Central on ESPN News right now. They are up to 10-7 halfway through the second quarter. They are NOT Texas A&M.

I am very interested to see what type of defensive adjustments that we roll out next Saturday considering this team also runs the air raid offense.

It is my opinion that we should probably wait to see our team actually play reasonably well before we disparage any of our upcoming opponents by implying they might not be as good as the team that just destroyed us by four scores.

But, as I said, that is just my opinion.

NinjaSven 08-31-2014 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Order 66 (Post 4244733)
We just want a win, to cover up that loss to start the season. Trust me, ECU will not be overlooked.

Oh, I don't think they will be overlooked, either. I'm hoping after this devastating loss that our players eat, sleep, and breathe the demise of ECU. We cannot look ahead to UGA. Our team cannot suffer an 0-2 start to the season. We need to play angry.

CockyLifer 08-31-2014 02:52 AM

Sure ECU will always be a pushover for us yeah right they almost beat us in Charlotte a few years ago. Look at the final score of their game I don't care who they were playing they can pass and we can't pass defend atm or that we have seen yet. We won't look past ECU but I expect them to score.

Spurz 08-31-2014 02:54 AM

ECU will rack up yards and they will score. It's an offensive system that just plain produces. I like our players against theirs, though.

NinjaSven 08-31-2014 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4244801)
Sure ECU will always be a pushover for us yeah right they almost beat us in Charlotte a few years ago. Look at the final score of their game I don't care who they were playing they can pass and we can't pass defend atm or that we have seen yet. We won't look past ECU but I expect them to score.

We will be in trouble if they go up early like they did during that game in Charlotte. Wasn't it 17-0 at one point? As others have posted, this team does not need to get into a shootout or play from behind.

NinjaSven 08-31-2014 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurz (Post 4244802)
ECU will rack up yards and they will score. It's an offensive system that just plain produces. I like our players against theirs, though.

I like our players against theirs, too. On the flip side, our offense will rack up yards and score in bunches.

GregoryHouse 08-31-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gAmkok (Post 4244770)
It is my opinion that we should probably wait to see our team actually play reasonably well before we disparage any of our upcoming opponents by implying they might not be as good as the team that just destroyed us by four scores.

But, as I said, that is just my opinion.

Legalman72 08-31-2014 09:37 AM

I've always liked ECU. I'm impressed with the great teams they've put out over the years and I expect Saturday to be a war.

gocockswyn 08-31-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Order 66 (Post 4244733)

Well all we can do is be there to support the team and make some noise!!

pitchcock 08-31-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocks N Stuff (Post 4244324)
They are currently playing North Carolina Central on ESPN News right now. They are NOT Texas A&M.

They aren't A&M, but if you watch them with a critical eye they have some good athletes who can make plays.