CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Time to quit crying. (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209669)

Clowneygotcha 08-30-2014 10:22 PM

Time to quit crying.

We play ECU this coming week, as the HBC would say, "You get one day to celebrate or feel bad about a win or loss."

That time is now over. I get we are fans, but from the mindset of the players, what must they be thinking? What are they working on? Better yet, how will they respond to this?

I don't see this one loss as the hell on earth most other fans see it to be. Where do we go from here?
I think we man up, and start playing some ball. We did it in the past, this team is no different.

Senior Rooster 08-30-2014 10:31 PM

Re: Time to quit crying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha (Post 4244371)
We play ECU this coming week, as the HBC would say, "You get one day to celebrate or feel bad about a win or loss."

That time is now over. I get we are fans, but from the mindset of the players, what must they be thinking? What are they working on? Better yet, how will they respond to this?

I don't see this one loss as the hell on earth most other fans see it to be. Where do we go from here?
I think we man up, and start playing some ball. We did it in the past, this team is no different.

RIGHT!!!

gsgp 08-30-2014 10:32 PM

Dline needs to get pressure, cover flats, tackle the beltline it don't wiggle attack. Run on offense wilds, carson and williams sit Davis rest him for dawgs.

Clowneygotcha 08-30-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsgp (Post 4244405)
Dline needs to get pressure, cover flats, tackle the beltline it don't wiggle attack. Run on offense wilds, carson and williams sit Davis rest him for dawgs.

I agree with all that, and hopefully the coaching staff understands that we need to play our playmakers. I watched the 4th or 3rd string Chubb for Georgia run it wild, we need to get David Williams involved.

Cockypantherfan 08-30-2014 10:44 PM

Yep, time to nut up and play some ball. Gotta play stronger, smarter, and faster.

bcolinc 08-30-2014 10:48 PM

Time to quit crying.

I totally agree. These guys got eaten alive at home. They didn't come to Carolina to be the next 6-6 team. We needed a good slap. Thank God it came this week, instead of week 6 or 7 against Tennessee. Let's go baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acockolypse Now 08-30-2014 11:44 PM

I hope they have pride and come out nasty against ECU.

It's time to redeem yourselves.

Acockolypse Now 08-30-2014 11:50 PM

If I were Spurrier, we'd practice with this blaring all week long:

gamecock ray 08-30-2014 11:56 PM

JUST TACKLE DAMMIT.

eatlighting 08-31-2014 12:05 AM

We've got a team that has to win the winnable this year, if you get my meaning. I don't see us being competitive as we are against the better teams on our schedule (hope they prove me wrong), but there are games on our schedule where "star deficit" is not an excuse. We have to win this week. It is a must win, and I hope our team and staff are approaching it as though it is the biggest game on our schedule now, and from a psychological stand point, it kind of is now after what just happened.

I agree that it is time to move on and step up. We are not the only fans who are seeing a much less impressive product than advertised. Lots of close calls today for some of the traditional powers. At the end of the day, you've just got to win where you can and hope for the best.

DorchesterGamecock 08-31-2014 01:23 AM

Quote:

Call me an optimist but I think Thursday was a wake up call... I think we will slowly get better.

cockyguitar 08-31-2014 02:32 AM

No team likes to lose, but sometimes a loss is good. We needed that loss. Maybe it'll provide motivation to do better.

cockyguitar 08-31-2014 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatlighting (Post 4244649)
We've got a team that has to win the winnable this year, if you get my meaning. I don't see us being competitive as we are against the better teams on our schedule (hope they prove me wrong), but there are games on our schedule where "star deficit" is not an excuse. We have to win this week. It is a must win, and I hope our team and staff are approaching it as though it is the biggest game on our schedule now, and from a psychological stand point, it kind of is now after what just happened.

I agree that it is time to move on and step up. We are not the only fans who are seeing a much less impressive product than advertised. Lots of close calls today for some of the traditional powers. At the end of the day, you've just got to win where you can and hope for the best.

I agree. Granted a lot of the big teams didn't lose like we did, but a lot of them struggled and could've lost. Every game isn't going to be a blowout. Heck the rest of our games I expect to be close, but we just gotta leave everything out on the field and like you said, hope for the best.

CockyLifer 08-31-2014 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsgp (Post 4244405)

I would settle for tackling period. Your RB plan is spot on we need to be using DWill and mike needs to sit until he is healthy we will NEED depth at RB to compete in conference.

CockyLifer 08-31-2014 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockyguitar (Post 4244791)
No team likes to lose, but sometimes a loss is good. We needed that loss. Maybe it'll provide motivation to do better.

No way to spin it a loss like we had being good?:-x

NinjaSven 08-31-2014 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecock ray (Post 4244632)
JUST TACKLE DAMMIT.

I felt like our guys were trying to hit the big tackle button in the NCAA Football video games. They seemed to be more concerned about a big hit or stripping the ball than wrapping up the defender and bringing them to the ground. It is a lack of fundamentals.

aceum1234 08-31-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

I`ll agree,full speed ahead and don`t look back.

SC Sandlapper 08-31-2014 11:19 AM

Our team better not be crying, they better be trying furiously to learn how to play defense.

Travelin 08-31-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyLifer (Post 4244806)
I would settle for tackling period. Your RB plan is spot on we need to be using DWill and mike needs to sit until he is healthy we will NEED depth at RB to compete in conference.

The OL is supposed to block. That's how it works. They block and open up lanes for the RB. That didn't happen very often and that's why our running game was non existent.

FanofCarolina1 08-31-2014 02:02 PM

I'm curious to know how Saturday's practice went.