CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Should be interesting in 2 weeks....it's always a tough (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209684)

kckdawg 08-31-2014 03:06 AM

Should be interesting in 2 weeks....it's always a tough

game, unless you boatrace us like in 2012.

I think our strength plays into your strength when we are on offense.

I don't know yet how we'll hold up against a power running attack, especially if your hoss is healthy.

We likely won't have our best field stretchers ready to play at wide receiver. That sucks for us considering the damage Justin Scott Wesley did to you guys last year.

Although it paid off in the end, I really felt the coaches held Gurley back too much in the first half.

I didn't realize you guys were changing defenses. What was the reason given? I've always been an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy. It seemed to be serving you quite well.

Evilchicken3 08-31-2014 04:50 AM

Re: Should be interesting in 2 weeks....it's always a tough

Quote:

Originally Posted by kckdawg (Post 4244814)
game, unless you boatrace us like in 2012.

I think our strength plays into your strength when we are on offense.

I don't know yet how we'll hold up against a power running attack, especially if your hoss is healthy.

We likely won't have our best field stretchers ready to play at wide receiver. That sucks for us considering the damage Justin Scott Wesley did to you guys last year.

Although it paid off in the end, I really felt the coaches held Gurley back too much in the first half.

I didn't realize you guys were changing defenses. What was the reason given? I've always been an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy. It seemed to be serving you quite well.

Don't worry, you got this.

kckdawg 08-31-2014 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilchicken3 (Post 4244866)
Don't worry, you got this.

LOL, that's what we thought in 2001,2007,2012 etc. etc.

And even in the years we did win, it was close. Especially in Columbia. We always seem to bring out the best in you.

sunbeam 08-31-2014 09:26 AM

Looking at this game...

I just can't see how you don't blow us out. There are things that are fixable for defenses. I would have been less bothered to see blown coverages that turned into long touchdowns.

But all those missed tackles... that is the kind of thing that stays with a defense all season long, like a pulled groin, a toe injury, or a deep ankle sprain does a player.

Right now we are thinking about the number of passing yards we gave up, but that kind of thing usually means a long night if a team runs the ball. And it usually turns out worse for the defense giving up run after run.

Right now I can't see any way we generate a running game against you guys. I think we are in pass mode all night, and you guys get to the qb. You pound our defense all night, they get tired, then things get silly again.

garnet_black215 08-31-2014 09:56 AM

No way we win this game. After one game (and albeit ONLY one), you guys might be the second best team in the SEC, and I could make an argument for the best.

Gurley will go for 200 on the ground easily, and there's no way we'll be able to stop the other three. UGA wins 34-17.

18IsTheMan 08-31-2014 09:56 AM

The only thing we have in our favor is that this game is at WB, but as you saw against A&M, home field really doesn't matter all that much if you're not the better team. If UGA coaches are smart they will simply feed the 3-headed beast of Gurley, Chubb and Michel. Honestly, I do believe y'all could run the ball every single down and easily win the game.