CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Fail Forward (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209696)

Scout1975 08-31-2014 01:50 PM

Fail Forward

Long time fan and season ticket holder. As frustrating as the first game was and as upset as I initially was, thereís a distinct opportunity that exists now, to fail forward. Failure may not feel good, but itís often an essential part of success.
ďI have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot, and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.Ē Ė Michael Jordan
My point, many of lifeís failures are because people didnít realize how close they were to success and they gave up. Gamecocks donít give up, by nature they fight to the end! I have faith that our players and coaches will do just that. The story has only been started, it's up to them how it ends, as a fan, I'll be around either way!

Spurific 08-31-2014 01:53 PM

Re: Fail Forward

Nicely put

HeadCockFan 08-31-2014 01:57 PM

Fighting until the end is what it's all about. When the other team does the same, and they are more talented, it's hard to pull one out.

DJ35 08-31-2014 02:02 PM

Very nicely put

rdwylie 08-31-2014 05:16 PM

I would have loved to have seen a win last Thursday. It would have been awesome for us. I earnestly hope that it is true about the virtues of a team getting punched in the mouth. TAM showed no fear of us and we gave them no reason to do so. Getting your azz dragged up and down the field by a team you should at least play competitively against is a humiliating and, hopefully, transforming experience. My hope is that we can look forward to a pissed off bunch of Gamecocks for the rest of the year. Always and forever - Go Cocks!!

TheShelbySensation 08-31-2014 05:25 PM

We SHOULD fail forward.

More than likely, we'll sh*t and fall back in it though.

JK

lake-cityCOCK89 08-31-2014 05:51 PM

I agree. If this was going to happen, game 1 is a good time to do it.

All some of these people are focused on is right now, cant reason with them either. Stupidity at its finest.

catdaddy66 08-31-2014 09:56 PM

If you fall seven times then you should get up eight. That is the point, to try.

GSC2013 08-31-2014 09:59 PM

I said the same thing. Teams who have long term sustained success NEED the occasional wake-up call ass kicking. Its those things that makes the 4/5 star players keep working as hard as a walk-on. If things are too good for too long...guys get cocky and complacent, and all those little things and all that work and effort that made them great...they don't do as much.

So, hopefully this will kick them back into the attitude they had after the Auburn 2010 SEC champ game beating, which they followed up with a 3 year run of 11-2.

ReadR00ster 08-31-2014 10:18 PM

unfortunately, this wasn't just us crapping the bed in random games like we usually do. This was our defense getting exposed that our defense basically has no secondary and pass rush. It'll take more than a year to correct.