CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   SOS Teleconference (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209700)

kick_ball 08-31-2014 02:56 PM

SOS Teleconference

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 2m
Steve Spurrier teleconference underway. SOS says they will have to play a lot better vs ECU than the last time out.

Heath Cline ‏@heathradio 1m
Spurrier teleconference: "Mike Davis is sort of doubtful... bad bruised rib, and it's sort of painful for him right now." Wilds would start.

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 1m
Spurrier said David Wiliams deserves to get some carries at running back and that they will get him the ball this weekend.

kick_ball 08-31-2014 02:57 PM

Re: SOS Teleconference

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 57s
Spurrier was asked what the strength of his offense is: "The strength? We don't have one."

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 15s
SOS says ECU is a lot like Texas A&M offensively.

David Cloninger ‏@DCTheState 7s
On defense, most of the starters should still start. May be 1-2 changes. Got to play better fundamentally.

kick_ball 08-31-2014 02:58 PM

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 22s
Spurrier said they all were surprised about how things went down Saturday.

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc now
Spurrier said they will change some things around in practice in this week to make things more competitive.

Heath Cline ‏@heathradio 26s
Spurrier says they're changing some things at practice to try and play faster and more effectively.

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 6s
Spurrier said they need to improve on everything defensively, but he thinks they have the players to do the job.

kick_ball 08-31-2014 03:01 PM

David Cloninger ‏@DCTheState now
Changes on the O-line? "There may be one, but we’ll talk about that later in the week."

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc now
Spurrier watched the UGA-Clemson game last night. He wonders how anyone is going to tackle Gurley right now.

kick_ball 08-31-2014 03:02 PM

David Cloninger ‏@DCTheState 9s
Spurrier on defensive alignments: "It didn’t matter what we played the other night. We tried a little bit of everything."

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 23s
Spurrier said it didn't matter what defense they played the other night, A&M had the answer.

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 10s
Spurrier says ECU is a well-coached, well conditioned team. "They got an excellent team."

HeadCockFan 08-31-2014 03:06 PM

Thanks KB. Good info.

bobbycock 08-31-2014 03:09 PM

hopefully they will emphasize tackling this week. can't get anymore fundamental than that.

18IsTheMan 08-31-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kick_ball (Post 4245230)
SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 57s
Spurrier was asked what the strength of his offense is: "The strength? We don't have one."

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 15s
SOS says ECU is a lot like Texas A&M offensively.

David Cloninger ‏@DCTheState 7s
On defense, most of the starters should still start. May be 1-2 changes. Got to play better fundamentally.

Interesting comment. Didn't even mention Dylan as a strength. I suppose, contrary to what some here have been saying, he didn't play all that great.

kick_ball 08-31-2014 03:12 PM

The Gamecocks will practice on Monday in a closed session with no media availability afterward. Spurrier holds his press conference on Tuesday.

eatlighting 08-31-2014 10:59 PM

I was kind of hoping he'd say we are scrapping the 3-4. I'd rather have the newbs be the only ones who look lost rather than all 11 guys.

I know not everyone feels that way, but I just can't see how it can work here.

CockOla 08-31-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatlighting (Post 4245767)
I was kind of hoping he'd say we are scrapping the 3-4. I'd rather have the newbs be the only ones who look lost rather than all 11 guys.

I know not everyone feels that way, but I just can't see how it can work here.

+1.
Praying we'll stick to the D scheme that got us an average of 11 wins per season the last three years... not broke don't fix.

Evilchicken3 09-01-2014 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan (Post 4245249)
Interesting comment. Didn't even mention Dylan as a strength. I suppose, contrary to what some here have been saying, he didn't play all that great.

5th year senior and he looked confused out there. How does he not know the offense backwards and forwards? Meanwhile, Kenny Hill, a sophomore, is doing a wonderful plug-in-play for Texas A&M. Cummon! Sumlin is a QB guru.

GamecockGirl23 09-01-2014 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan (Post 4245249)

dylan was one of the only decent things about that game. he is capable of doing better but he did not have horrible stats. i would be more concerned about why we called a passing play on 3rd and 1 or perhaps the nonexistent defense we fielded.

ZenUSC 09-01-2014 06:27 AM

No mention of Shon Carson being replaced as KR. Gotta put in somebody who can get past the 15 yd line.

AtlGAMECOCK 09-01-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockGirl23 (Post 4245977)
dylan was one of the only decent things about that game. he is capable of doing better but he did not have horrible stats. i would be more concerned about why we called a passing play on 3rd and 1 or perhaps the nonexistent defense we fielded.

Dylan has to be more consistent his intermediate throws were too high. He has got to work on being more accurate on the intermediate routes . His deep ball is fine but anything under he is not as accurate.

ScottK 09-01-2014 10:46 AM

Dylan did what I expected based on his previous performances. Threw deep passes well and short and medium passes poorly. Didn't scramble exceptionally well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid_nails 09-01-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenUSC (Post 4245981)
No mention of Shon Carson being replaced as KR. Gotta put in somebody who can get past the 15 yd line.

Exactly!!!! This baffles me!

18IsTheMan 09-01-2014 11:13 AM

SOS isn't pissed which tells me he knows we just ran into a far superior team.

Travelin 09-01-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan (Post 4246086)

nm

gin house 09-01-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan (Post 4246086)

Or he realizes we just suck. A&M wasn't spectacular. We gave 5 yd cushions on every pass. How can you stop that? A&M isn't a great team. Their defense is still horrible.