CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Carolina opens -15.5 (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209702)

vthokies 08-31-2014 03:42 PM

Carolina opens -15.5
 
South Carolina -15.5 against ECU

I think SC wins by 7

TheShelbySensation 08-31-2014 03:44 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
We could easily lose this game.

HeadCockFan 08-31-2014 03:50 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
Seems like Vegas expects us to play well

ReadR00ster 08-31-2014 03:56 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
33-31 ECU.

usc90grad 08-31-2014 03:57 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
ECU's defense sucks worse then ours.

But 15.5 seems high.

boowilliam4 08-31-2014 04:02 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
Gamecocks win by AT LEAST 17 points and everyone will try and hop back on the bandwagon before UGA.

BlakelyH19 08-31-2014 04:03 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
45-37 SC

usc4lyf 08-31-2014 04:06 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boowilliam4 (Post 4245296)
Gamecocks win by AT LEAST 17 points and everyone will try and hop back on the bandwagon before UGA.

Not everyone. I've been on the bandwagon for over 59 years and haven't come close to falling off.

jseal777 08-31-2014 04:14 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
I am calling it right now. 52-28 USC.
Our defense will let them have theirs but they can't keep up for 4 quarters. This offense will play the game we thought they should have played against ATM and we will run it down their throats for four quarters with the occasional bomb to byrd and jones.

boowilliam4 08-31-2014 04:21 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc4lyf (Post 4245301)
Not everyone. I've been on the bandwagon for over 59 years and haven't come close to falling off.

Well it's nice to hear someone say that. Yeah we lost, but it's not the end of the world and it's not the end of the season. The gamecocks are going to be just fine.

NinjaSven 08-31-2014 04:22 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jseal777 (Post 4245306)
I am calling it right now. 52-28 USC.
Our defense will let them have theirs but they can't keep up for 4 quarters. This offense will play the game we thought they should have played against ATM and we will run it down their throats for four quarters with the occasional bomb to byrd and jones.

This is kind of my thinking. They will get theirs, but I think our offense will play lights out against the ECU D.

18IsTheMan 08-31-2014 05:25 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
Seems about right.

Hoping we see a vastly different product on the field this week. ECU is a threat, but they aren't an A&M or UGA.

Red Devil 08-31-2014 05:25 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jseal777 (Post 4245306)
I am calling it right now. 52-28 USC.
Our defense will let them have theirs but they can't keep up for 4 quarters. This offense will play the game we thought they should have played against ATM and we will run it down their throats for four quarters with the occasional bomb to byrd and jones.

I'll take that bet!!

Red Devil 08-31-2014 05:27 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
ECU doesn't really matter in the long run. I don't think anyone expected it to be a game before the season started and only after Thursday is any consideration being given to ECU being able to win. The UGA game is the one and I think if what we have is what we saw on Thursday we will get smoked.

ThisMr X 08-31-2014 05:33 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 4245386)
ECU doesn't really matter in the long run. I don't think anyone expected it to be a game before the season started and only after Thursday is any consideration being given to ECU being able to win. The UGA game is the one and I think if what we have is what we saw on Thursday we will get smoked.

I think a 7:00 kickoff will help as far as the fatigue standpoint goes.

lake-cityCOCK89 08-31-2014 05:50 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
38-17 Cocks

We WILL get the running game going with Wilds and Williams and chew up the clock like we should have been doing Thursday. We will have a pass rush of some sort and the entire defense will play better.

That way people can quit being idiots.

bigdog2003 08-31-2014 05:57 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
We establish a running game and win 42-21.

M.C. 08-31-2014 06:06 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
bunch of damn doubters here ... ECU is not Texas A&M

rabid cock 08-31-2014 06:11 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 (Post 4245415)
38-17 Cocks

We WILL get the running game going with Wilds and Williams and chew up the clock like we should have been doing Thursday. We will have a pass rush of some sort and the entire defense will play better.

That way people can quit being idiots.

I'm afraid history will always be doomed to repeat as far as the "idiots" are concerned. If you will recall last year, the linebackers were blowing assignments left and right and the gamecock faithful were complaining that the secondary was playing too soft. When they played man, there were quite a few busted assignments. Remember that even Victor Hampton did not start a game because he was free lancing. Adjustments were made; the young linebackers became an asset 'ere the season was over. The secondary improved dramatically.

For whatever reason, the Gamecocks always start slow. Even when they were clicking on all cylinders, the defense has always looked silly against this type of offense. Remember those thrashings at the hand of Arkansas every year. A&M reminds me of those teams very much.

I predict we get back on track next week. We are too athletic to just fall apart because of a setback of this nature.

garnet_black215 08-31-2014 06:15 PM

Re: Carolina opens -15.5
 
34-31 ECU.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.